Cottage in Dulford, Cullompton, Exeter Area, South Devon, England, UK - Very Peaceful, Pub And Village Shop 3/4 Mile Away
A luxury cottage, slightly different as set in owners 30 acres where racehorses are trained. A yard tour and watching the horses being trained are included. Pets welcome and can also train on the gallops! Only a year old and sits in 30 acres. Included is a yard tour, and watching the horses being trained on our own gallops. A luxury cottage with towels, linen and a hamper included (wine, fresh eggs from own chickens, fresh flowers etc. Pets welcome. Very well situated 5 mins from M5, but in very quiet location, with pub, village shop 3/4 mile away.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
We started training here in 1990 when my husband Rod retired from a jump jockey. We have 2 sons James and Patrick. James is a flat jockey and rides most of the 50 horses we have in training. Patrick is an amateur jockey and works here full time as a work rider. We built the cottage in 2010 so our owners could have somewhere to stay if required, but then decided to take it a step further by running it as a holiday cottage.
Guestbook comments from the owner
A fantastic cottage, beautiful furnishings, lacking not a thing! We felt like we were staying in a 5 star hotel. Mann Sept. 2010.
Lovely cottage and surroundings. Very peaceful. Gould family Aug. 2010
Absolutely perfect, horses and stable tour the icing on the cake! Bull Feb 2011
2 holidaymaker reviews
A home from home. Beautiful cottage and sorroundings. Enjoyed the tour and would recommend it to any one staying. Could not fault the property or owner in any way. Hope to go again.
Spotless cottage in great surroundings
This cottage is every bit as good as the pictures show, and more!
It is spotless. The furnishings and fittings are to a high standard.
The setting is great, in amongst the action of the stables, yet private enough that it doesn't intrude if you don't want it to.
The owner, Louise, is very helpful. Nothing was too much trouble.
Remember to take the stable yard tour!!
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
If you are interested in horse racing this is an ideal holiday cottage. You can see a racing yard at work, the horses training on the gallops. We have about 50 horses in training, mainly on the flat. The cottage is full of racing books and pictures of racehorses that have been trained here.
The coast is 20 miles away.
Exeter airport is 25 mins away. Tiverton Parkway rail station is 7 miles.
M5 motorway is 5 mins.
Kentisbeare is 3/4 mile away with pub and village shop which is open 7 days a week and sells daily newspapers, bread, milk and is a post office.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
20% deposit required. Balance due 6 weeks proir to commencement date. Cash / cheque only, sorry no card facility available.
Friday is change over day. Short breaks are available. Arrival after 3.00pm, departure by 10.00am.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property in UK pounds.
Minimum stay of 3 nights ( not in July, August of Half Terms )
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The cottage is ideally situated being 5 mins of the M5, but in a quiet location. Also being set in our own 30 acres is an added bonus if you have pets or enjoy walking. Offering guests a yard tour, and watching horses on the gallops is another attraction. We have had guests that follow us and know all the horses already, or had no idea how a racing yard works!”
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Large bathroom upstairs with separate shower, large bath, toilet and wash basin. Downstairs shower room with toilet and hand basin. Toiletries are included.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Plus Cot Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with king size bed, furnished with reproduction french furniture, full height ceiling with beams, view over yard. Bedroom 2 twin beds. Bedroom 3 with twin beds
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The cottage is furnished to a very high standard. Cot and high chair available if required. Outside: Small enclosed courtyard with patio, tables and chairs. Parking for 2 cars. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen provided with toiletries. Cleaned weekly, more towels, linen can be provided.