As the name implies, this casa and adjacent terraces are designed with romance in mind. The bathroom is a separate wellness space in itself, and has a surprising view of the night sky. The same starlit sky can be seen from the bedroom through the large glass wall. Be sure to enjoy the artwork in the house and on the terraces. The fully equipped kitchen, has a ceramic top stove, dishwasher and freezer/refrigerator and has all the required utensils for the culinary minded. The casa is supplied with an audio surround system to set the mood for your visit. You can order a picnic basket, which fits on our bicycles, and can be booked as an extra. The shared salted swimming pool lies in the sheltered area of the 'quinta'. This free standing casa with its décor and location will inspire your Amor Perfeito.
The quinta measures 10 ha with many olive and fruit trees and a beautiful salted (shared) swimming pool.
About the Owner
Born in 1959 we decided to move from The Netherlands to the Alentejo 3 years ago. We hope to receive you on our quinta as our guests.
From the Owner
“When we purchased our Quinta, we had an idea of what we wanted our property to become. We planned to retain much of the original layout of the limestone rich land that at one time was covered by 4 hectare of vineyards, and the lush area near the creek that originates in the Sao Mamede hills. We found the upper area suitable for the swimming pool and deck chairs, and it fit beautifully into the surroundings.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
You can also take painting and drawing lessons at our Quinta. An introductory lesson of 3 hours, including materials and a drink is 45 Euro. Barbara Walraven lives and works close by. Born in Buenos Aires, she studied at the Art University of Tilburg and Breda. Many art lovers both in the Netherlands and Portugal have been able to enjoy her exhibits. Take this opportunity to foster your creative side. Excursions are possible to artesanal producers of local products like regional cakes, smoked ham and sausages. Or pottery, embroidery, chestnutbaskets. A chance to look inside a unique world of very old traditions. Exclusively for our guests.
The distance to the coast is driving 1 hours and 45 minutes. One can also enjoy the rivers, like the Tejo and Sever, and the many lakes in the area, starting at 20 minutes driving.
The closest airport is Lisboa Portela Airport. All national airliners fly daily to and from Lisbon. The national Portugese airliner is TAP.
Other options are the airports of Porto in the north and Faro in the south of Portugal. Budget airliners brings you to these destinations at interesting rates. You may visit these towns before discovering other parts of Portugal. Useful are the good train and/or metro connections. We recommend to hire a car.
Castelo De Vide is the closest town at 2.5km and is a 30 minute walk from our Quinta. The Burgo Medieval, inside the castle walls, has narrow streets, and houses a museum as well as the Igreja Senhora de Alegria. Nearby, there is the Judaria and a historically important synagogue.
Our Quinta is located in the Alentejo, which is within the borders of the National Park Serra de Sao Mamade, near the border to Spain. Alentejo means the land on the other side of the Tejo (Tague) river. This area is known for its vineyards, olive groves, granite rock formations, and hilly landscape. Visitors to the many local castles are rewarded with beautiful views, and one can explore the many villages hidden in the hills. One can also enjoy the rivers, like the Tejo and Sever, and the many lakes in the area.
If you want enjoy the atmosphere of some of the larger towns, the neighboring Spanish towns of Badajoz and Cacares are about an hour drive.
You can expect that your vacation will be special, since there are many ways to enjoy the area. Whether you hike, bike, drive, motorcycle or paddle a kayak, you will appreciate the local fauna and flora.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
payment 50% at booking and 50% upon arrival.
Flexible changeover day, preferably on saturday. Check in from 3 until 9 pm. Check out time before 12 noon.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“At the south side of the property is an enormous granite formation, and we made sure to preserve the hundreds of olive trees, eucalyptus trees, cork oaks and old stone oaks with their mighty branches. A rustic path going by these areas, is in the planning, and we expect to install benches for scenic sunrise or sunset panoramas, or to view the illuminated chapel “Senhora de Penha.”
- children welcome
- limited accessibility
- pets not allowed
- winery tours
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- The bathroom is a separate wellness space in itself, and has a surprising view of the night sky.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2
- Bedroom 1
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 2/4 (1 Bedroom) Notes on bedrooms: The bedroom is equipped with a comfortable twin beds. In the living room the sofa can be easily converted to a queen size bed.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Outside: The total premises is 10 ha and knows a lush area near the creek that originates in the Sao Mamede hills. We found the upper area suitable for the C-formed shared swimming pool with the easy chairs, and it fit beautifully into the surroundings. At the south side of the property is an enormous granite formation, and we made sure to preserve the hundreds of olive trees, eucalyptus trees, cork oaks and old stone oaks with their mighty branches. A rustic path going by these areas, is in the planning, and we expect to install benches for scenic sunrise or sunset panoramas, or to view the illuminated chapel “Senhora de Penha. Tha casa itself has a big terrace with outdoor furniture to enjoy the morning and evening sun. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included, towels and linen are changed twice a week. Other: The living room is extended with a spacious adega with furniture to enjoy the warm evenings.