Holiday Home in South Creake, Nr. Burnham Market, North Norfolk - Wonderful Views, A Large Beautiful Garden, Great For Families And Entertaining
If you appreciate lots of space, comfort and character then The Chantry has the ingredients for a wonderful holiday or well earned break. South Creake is lovely village in a conservation area that is just 4 miles from Burnham Market and 6 miles from the sea, making it an ideal base from which to explore and enjoy Norfolk's huge beaches, picturesque villages and fine hostelries. The Chantry is an old Norfolk farmhouse which is now a spacious 5 bedroom 3,500 sq feet home that has just been fully renovated and redecorated. Our private garden is nearly an acre in size and has been lovingly tended by the same gardener for over 30 years. There is a large area of lawn, mature flower borders and spectacular specimen plants such as the Wisteria that covers the flint barn in the garden, home grown magnolias and clematis. There is also a large patio, garden furniture and barbecue.
About the Owner
Calum spend his childhood holidays on Brancaster’s wonderful beach, and his family later moved to the area. We have since spent many happy holidays in North Norfolk enjoying both glorious summer days and blustery windswept winter weekends on the beach with our three children.
For us Norfolk is a magical place and we love the village of South Creake, so when The Chantry came on the market for the first time in 35 years, we jumped at the opportunity to look around it, and we were instantly bewitched by its charm and the beautiful barn and gardens. The house was in need of major TLC, so we spent many evenings planning how best to restore it whilst maximising the space and light, enhancing the views out into the garden and being true to its own period character.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We had a lovely weekend thank you - The Chantry is in a great spot, is a beautiful house set in fantastic gardens. I'd certainly recommend it to friends.
We had a really superb time and were joined for day time visits by various relatives who all thought the house a great venue…. We thought the renovation (we had seen its original state when you bought it ) was superbly and tastefully done throughout and cleverly put together to maximise the space. It certainly provides flexible accommodation and also helped with the dogs who we were able to keep entirely within the hard floored entrance lobby or in the garden chasing balls thrown by the gardener throughout the week and they were happy! … I would definitely recommend it to others.
We had a lovely weekend, the Chantry was fabulous certainly a fantastic venue for a family gathering.
You have a wonderful house, and have done a fabulous job of renovating it and making it a really comfortable place to stay.
From the Owner
“We bought a property in North Norfolk because so many of our happiest memories stem from here. We toyed with buying somewhere in the Alps, or where the sun is guaranteed to shine, but there is something wonderful in returning to a place that you know and love. A place with huge expanses of stunning beaches; pretty Norfolk villages with cottages build in flint and brick; the market towns of Holt and Burnham Market with their boutique shops; the farm shops and artisan producers and a mass of fabulous places to eat. We had spent enough time in Norfolk to know that it is just as special in the snow, the wind, or a spectacular thunderstorm as it is on a hot balmy day – you just need to be prepared for all eventualities (including sunbathing on the beach at Easter in 2011!).”
Activity and Interests
The Chantry is just 6 miles from the sea, with the spectaular beaches at Brancaster, Holkham, Burnham Overy Staithe and Wells all just a short drive.
South Creake is 4 miles from the Georgian market town of Burnham Market with its excellent butcher, baker, fishmonger and boutique shops plus the famous Hoste Arms pub, hotel and restaurant. Fakenham lies 6 miles to the south and has larger shops, supermarkets and a cinema.
Brancaster Beach, Holkham Hall and historic Walsingham are all within 10 minutes.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
Autumn Half Term
21 Oct 2016 - 27 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
28 Oct 2016 - 15 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
16 Dec 2016 - 5 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
Before booking we suggest you visit our website for more information via our website (link below).
If you have any questions about the house then please don't hesitate to contact us.
Changeover day is Friday, although this may be more flexible in low season.
Notes on prices:
In low season shorter lets are available, please contact us for more information.
20% at time of booking. Balance, including security deposit, 8 weeks prior to arrival date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The house is located up a quiet lane and has views over meadows, its own large, enclosed garden and to the church. The large, open plan kitchen is wonderfully light and is a great place for lengthy lunches. The downstairs bedroom is great for older children in search of some privacy or equally for people that find climbing stairs harder than they would like. A separate playroom and sitting room means there is space for children to make a racket, whilst allowing you some down time. The rickety table tennis table in the barn makes for an entertaining evening and for younger children, the large laurel shrubs provide a perfect setting for making a den or playing hide and seek. The bowling lawn provides space to play cricket, football, badminton etc (don’t forget to pack the them!).”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- children welcome
- pets considered
- wheelchair accessible ...
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Main bathroom has a freestanding double ended designer bath, loo & basin. Shower room has a high pressure Grohe shower, loo and basin. Bedroom 1 has an ensuite shower room with a high pressure Grohe shower. Bedroom 5 has an ensuite loo.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 in 5 Double or Twin rooms Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with king-sized bed, percale cotton linen and goose down all season duvets and pillows. En-suite shower. Bedroom 2 has a double bed. Bedrooms 3 & 4 have twin beds. Bedroom 5 is on the ground floor & has twin beds and an ensuite loo.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Outside: Our private garden is nearly an acre in size and has been lovingly tended by the same gardener for over 30 years. There is a large area of lawn, a cutting garden where flowers are grown for the local church, mature flower borders and spectacular specimen plants such as the Wisteria that covers the flint barn in the garden, home grown magnolias and clematis. There is also a large patio, garden furniture and barbeque. The whole garden is fenced and while this is fine for our dogs and children, it is not Alcatraz and renters must make their own assessment as to its safety. There are no ponds, pools or other open water in the garden. Utility Room: Boot room for dogs, coats & wellies. Washing machine. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Percale bedlinen is provided for all beds and changed weekly. All beds (except the master bedroom) have anti allergy duvets and pillows. All twin rooms have blackout curtains. Tea towels and bath mats provided but please your own towels. Other: Free WiFi.