Traditional Stone Built House in Maroni Village near Larnaca, Cyprus - This Peaceful Location Offers The True Cyprus Experience There Is No Better Place To Relax
There are many attractions in the area for those interested in archeology, bird watching, biking, hiking and water sports. The surrounding picturesque villages offer fabulous eating places and many superb fish tavernas can be found at the renowned Zygi Marina. Car hire is recommended and a five minute drive will take you to quiet beaches where you can bathe in the cool crystal waters of the Mediterranean Sea. We are also conveniently located midway between the major cities of Nicosia, Larnaca (30 minutes from the International Airport) and Limassol leading to the Troodos Mountain range.
Top Traveller Review
There is nowhere better!
With kind regards
About the Owner
My name is Linda and I was born in Scotland. I moved abroad to continue my career in the hotel industry. I have lived in Cyprus for 23 years, I am married and have one daughter.
The renovation of the village house in Maroni was a labour of love and a dream come true. There is a special magic and charm about the property that I hope you too will experience.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Lovely and charming house
A lovely house, charming & full of character. Sitting, sipping, on the deck in the evening sun - there's no better place to be! Really going to miss the views! Thanks so much for letting us stay in your beautiful home! Hope to return one day!
Steve & Vicky Deeble, Brisbane, Australia (2008)
An idyllic spot and a super home. So quiet, would recommend to all.
Mark Johnson, Nicosia (2009)
We really liked the house, especially the terrace for breakfasts and in the evening. There's always a nice breeze going and lovely views. We defnitely would like to come back and recommend it to our friends.
Yasmin & Steve, Basel, Switzerland (2009 /10)
We have had 6 months in this charming home and had a great time relaxing on the patio. The winter months have been very warm, the views are superb from here. What more can we say, thank you Linda for everything.
Kath & John Holt, Lytham St Annes, Lancashire, UK (2011)
5 based on 7 holidaymaker reviews
There is nowhere better!
We think our title says it all really - we have stayed all over the world in different types of accommodation, yet have never found anywhere to match this. It's a real home, where you can relax, mooch about and feel totally free and easy. Linda has furnished the cottage in an eclectic mix of East and West - lovely appealing colours and so comfortable and clean. Cook if you want to - or not - plenty of choice for restaurants or tavernas in the neighbourhood - all good, especially the fresh fish in the local village of Zyyi. Take a leisurely stroll through the village and feel like a Cypriot. We had the most wonderful two weeks and would recommend Emlinz Retreat to anyone from anywhere!
All we could have hoped for...and more
I really don't know where to start. I could write pages about this wonderful house but I'll try to keep it brief instead.
We met Linda as arranged just outside Larnaca airport to lead us to Maroni about 30 minutes away. She has that great knack of making you think you already know her and are just catching up.
The house is exactly as described except that maybe the description doesn't do it justice. I had a great time just looking around both in the house and gardens and Maroni village. We loved the fact that Maroni and Zygi just along the coast (where we mostly ate) are traditional Cypriot villages but the motorways to just about everywhere are only a few minutes away...although the B roads are just about as good, quieter and more scenic.
We are definitely looking to return and next time hopefully for longer to allow us to spend more time at the house but also be able to explore more of Cyprus.
I can't imagine that anyone could stay at Emlinz Retreat and not have a great time.
A fantastic holiday home
We've just spent 2 glorious weeks at this house and we cannot recommend it highly enough. It is extremely spacious and has everything that you could wish for to make your break a relaxing and enjoyable experience.
Linda is a fantastic host and was always in contact if we needed anything ( we didn't as everything was provided within the house).
We shall defiantly be making a return trip to this superb house and would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.
Stunning villa.peaceful and relaxing area.thanks to Linda and her family for making us feel very welcome.i would highly recommend this property.thanks again Linda
A beautiful traditonal Cypriot retreat
My partner and I stayed here for 2 weeks, and it was beyond our expectations. As soon as we pulled into Maroni up towards the property, there was a true feeling that we had arrived in traditional Cyprus.
Upon seeing the house, we were pleasantly surprised at just how wonderful the whole place was. The house itself is a traditional stone built Cypriot house, and the décor inside was beautifully furnished with an Arabesque feel.
The pool outside was fantastic, great for when it got too hot from sunbathing!
You do need to hire a car if staying here, although there is a bus route in Maroni. We hired a car, and found it really easy to get about. The house is situated between Larnaca and Limassol, so it was easy to just jump on the highway and get to all the places we wanted to see.
There is a nearby fishing village that we went to a few times, called Zygi, which is lovely, great for going for a coffee, or for a fish meze.
All in all, we had a fantastic time here, and can not recommend it enough. The area is peaceful and so relaxing, it was a great place for us to chill and recharge. This is a great place for more introvert people, if you are party animals, then this place is not for you. It is a magical, peaceful retreat and we have already decided we want to go back next year!
Paula and Monty
What a lovely surprise..,the villa far exceeded our expectations. A beautifully characterful home,thanks to Linda who has made such a special place with a really peaceful ambience. We chose this villa because we didn't want a place in a bland "holiday complex",but somewhere peaceful and quiet which is what we found. Not only was it spacious inside,the outside was as well,making it hard to choose where to plonk ourselves...garden ,balconies,patio or pool,and brilliant views. . ,'We slept in the pretty bedroom annexe ,which was great for us being away from excited grandchildren in the mornings. They had a wonderful time in the pool and exploring the garden . Oh to be back,sipping our G&TS (flavoured with slices of lemon from the tree),sitting under the palms listening to the bells of the goats and watching the being herded over the distant hills and down through the valley....we will definatly be back. Thankyou Linda for a lovely welcome,we felt truly "at home"and relaxed.
From the Owner
“Maroni is a beautiful traditional Cypriot village with fantastic views from its hill top location leading down to the Mediterranean Sea.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
A regular art class meets every Tuesday in Maroni village and guests are welcome.
Car hire is recommended and a 5 minute drive will take you to quiet beaches where you can bathe in the cool crystal waters of the Mediterranean Sea. For the more adventurous, Mackenzie Beach Tourist area which is a 30 minute drive to Larnaca offers many water sports and restaurant and bar facilties. Limassol hosts the fabulous Fassouri Water Park where kids and adults alike can have hours of fun.
Car hire is essential. The nearest airport is Larnaca International Airport which is a 30 minute drive to Maroni. Directions can be sent by email.
Maroni village is situated on a hillside 5 minutes drive from the Mediterranean Sea. It is conveniently located midway between the major cities of Nicosia Larnaca and Limassol. It is 30 minutes drive from Larnaca International Airport.
There is a small Coop supermarket in the village itself but larger stores,fruit markets, bakery and a chemist can be found in Zygi, which is only 10 minutes drive from Maroni.
The swimming pool facilities are for the exclusive use of residents only. Residents shall use the swimming pool and surrounding area at their OWN RISK as there is no lifeguard in attendance.
Children under the age of twelve (12) years are not permitted in the pool area unless under adult supervision. The use of snorkels or breathing tubes in the pool is not recommended.
There is a strict NO DIVING policy.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 30 Apr 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
Please see 'notes on accommodation'.
Changeover day is flexible.
Notes on prices:
Price includes accommodation and air conditioning. Booking Terms and Conditions can be emailed.
Cancellation fees notification period:
More than 2 months 25% deposit only
More than 1 month 50% / More than 14 days 80% /7 days or less – no show 100%.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“You get a True Cyprus Experience ....”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- near the sea
- bird watching
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- pier fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- The main house has 2 toilet/shower rooms, one on the ground and the other larger one on the first floor which also features a bidet. The annexe has an en suite toilet/shower, making a total of 3 bathroom facilities.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with Double bed on 1st Floor (accessed by spiral staircase). Bedroom 2 with 3 foot Twin beds on 1st Floor (accessed by spiral staircase). Bedroom 3 with large Twin beds (en suite annexe) Overlooking the pool and garden.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: Our agreement with you: when you make a booking you guarantee that you have the authority to accept and do accept on behalf of your party the terms of the Booking Conditions. Your booking deposit: when you make your booking in advance you must pay a deposit of 25%. The balance of the price of your booking must be paid in full two months before arrival to receive confirmation. Emlinz retreat also requires a copy of either a passport or a driving license as a form of identification which should be supplied before arrival. Damage deposit: a refundable breakages/damages deposit of euro 200 is required and payable on arrival. This will be returned on your departure, after inspection. Outside: There are several multi level courtyards and two large terraces, one of which is covered overlooking a mature garden with many citrus, fruit and palm trees. The views from here are stunning and there is ample space to fire up the BBQ and sit comfortably in the many arm chairs provided to watch the sun set over the valley. The 7x4 meter pool (1.20 - 1.65 meters deep NO DIVING) is located in the centre of Emlinz Retreat and is not overlooked by neighbours. There are many sun loungers, tables and chairs to enable our guest to find their personal space to kick back and enjoy their vacation under the Cyprus Sun. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: We provide bed linen and guest towels, however Pool towels are NOT available. The property will be cleaned once a week and new linen and towels provided. Other: Previous guests have particularly enjoyed their evening cocktails whilst sitting on the covered terrace watching the sun set over the valley leading down to the sea. It is a very relaxing and peaceful spot and you are also surrounded by the mature garden.