Farmhouse in Valence-sur-Baise, Gers, Midi-Pyrenees, France - Overlooks Vineyards And Rolling Countryside In The Baïse Valley
Welcome to La Courtade, a superb, spacious Gascon farmhouse with magnificent, panoramic views to the Pyrenees over sunflowers, vines and wheat fields. It stands in an elevated position on ¾ acre of well-maintained garden with a salt-water heated pool and large, shaded veranda around the house. The house has been imaginatively and meticulously restored and has a master bedroom with en-suite bathroom, 2 further bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, a farmhouse kitchen and large drawing room furnished with oriental carpets and comfortable sofas. It is situated in south-west France in the department of the Gers (Midi-Pyrenees). The Gers has an enviable climate of long, hot summers and sunny autumns. It has beautiful, unspoilt scenery which is ideal for walking, cycling or simply soaking up the views while enjoying some of the excellent local wines.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
2 hours to Atlantic and Mediterranean coasts.
By air, the nearest airport is Toulouse; otherwise La Courtade is a 2 hour drive from Bordeaux, Pau and Bergerac airports. By car, it is 8 hours from Caen ferry port and approximately 10 hours from Calais.
La Courtade is in the department of the Gers, near Condom in rural SW France, part of Gascony and the administrative area of Midi-Pyrenees. It is one of the least populated areas of France and very beautiful. In the vicinity are Roman ruins, a number of «les plus beaux villages de la France», bastide villages and fortified towns, wonderful walking and cycling routes including a GR walking route going past the back garden, which links into the pilgrimage route to St Jacques de Compostelle.
Castéra-Verduzan (5km) has a small supermarket, shops, bars and restaurants and even a casino and spa! There are bigger supermarkets in Condom and in Auch.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
Bookings will be confirmed by the non-refundable deposit of 30% of the full rental total. A security deposit of £200 is required for each rental week, payable by cheque in advance. This will be refunded in full or the balance returned within 4 weeks of the end of the rental period. For full rental details, please see our website.
Changeover day is Saturday but in low season we can be flexible about this; please contact us by email.
Notes on prices:
We may be able to agree discounts on the weekly rate for stays over 7 days, especially in low season.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- autumn foliage
- botanical garden
- water parks
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom with decorative tiles, roll-top antique ball and claw bath, WC and bidet. Family bathroom: fully tiled, basin, bath, bidet and separate shower Separate WC Ground floor shower room with WC and basin.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Plus Cot Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom: double aspect to magnificent views, en-suite bathroom Bedroom 2: views to Pyrenees, super-king size double bed (or 2 singles). Bedroom 3: views to Pyrenees, super-king size double bed and child’s bed; family bathroom opposite.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Outside: There is a large, broad, verandah which wraps round the kitchen and sitting room with a swing seat, oak bench and large table and chairs for 8 people. On the terraced rockery at the top of the garden there is another large swing seat, perfectly positioned to take advantage of the magnificent views of the surrounding countryside and the Pyrenees, and a small table and chairs. On the sunny lower terrace in front of the house there are more tables and a barbecue. Utility Room: Washing machine, ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Everything included except swimming towels. The house is cleaned every weeks and the linen is changed between stays. Other: Hallway leading to beautiful restored elm staircase; doors off to bathroom, utility room, kitchen-dining room and living room.