Apartment Alto Golf and Country Club, Alvor, Western Algarve, Portugal - Peaceful Setting, Only 15 Minute Walk To Picturesque Vau Beach
This luxury two bedroom first floor apartment, recently refurbished, overlooks the 13th fairway of Alto Golf Course. The sunny south facing Balcony overlooks landscaped gardens and the private shared swimming pool. Guests have use of the Alto Golf & Country Club facilities which include indoor and outdoor pools, tropical gardens, tennis courts, gym, bars and restaurants. It is a 5 minute drive from the apartment to the Country Club. Special rates are available for guests at the Sir Henry Cotton designed 18 hole Alto Golf Course. The apartment is ideally situated to explore the beautiful beaches, coastline and countryside of the Western Algarve.
Top Traveller Review
Wonderful as usual!
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
"First of all, congratulations. Your house is very well located and it was a pleasure to spend there one week.
Honestly, Everything was close to perfect" - August 2011
"Absolutely loved your apartment and couldn’t fault your management team, we would defiantly recommend it to our friends" - September 11
2 holidaymaker reviews
Wonderful as usual!
This was our 3rd visit to this apartment and it was wonderful as it always is. The apartment feels like a home from home to us now and is far superior to other holiday apartments we have visited. There is a full sized kitchen with everything you need if you want the option of eating in and this is spotlessly clean throughout. The apartment has the benefit of the pool being within watching distance so our son was able to go got the pool on his own without us needing to leave the terrace. You do need a car here though if you want the flexibility of visiting Alvor or the main beach however if you do not feel comfortable driving there is Vau Beach within walking distance and some beach side restaurants which are good. We will stay at this apartment again in the future and would have no hesitation in recommending it to our family and friends. Thanks to Jenny who makes the booking process so easy and accommodates our mid week requests and to Paula who gives us comfort that if there is ever a problem when we are there she is only a call away.
A Great Place To Stay
We stayed in this apartment for 10 days in August 2013 and it exceeded our expectations in every way. It is very well equipped to a very high standard, from the amount of towels, linen, kitchen equipment, to the quality appliances and furniture. We also found the owners to be very professional and friendly when dealing with them. We where greeted when we arrived by a lovely Portuguese lady who could not have been more helpful and nice to our family. The location of this apartment suited us perfectly, the beautiful beach of Vau was a fifteen minute walk away, and there we found other coves to explore. The lovely fishing village of Alvor is about 10 minutes drive away we had planned to eat out here every night but as the apartment was so well equipped with a lovely big balcony overlooking the pool and landscaped gardens, plus a Portuguese barbeque we self catered and thoroughly enjoyed it. This is a very quiet, relaxing, luxury apartment and we recommend it to everyone, the accommodation made our holiday perfect!
Activity and Interests
The apartment is situated within walking distance of Vau beach from there you can walk to Praia da Rocha and Alvor beaches where there are many beach bars and restaurants.
Only a short drive from many other beautiful beaches along the western Algarve.
The village of Alvor with its narrow streets and fishing harbour is only a 10 minute drive away.
Faro airport which is served by several low cost Airlines including Ryanair and Easy Jet is a 45 minute drive away and a hire car is recommended for exploring inland and coastal Algarve.
The town of Portimao, Praia da Rocha beach and village of Alvor is around 60 kms from Faro which can be easily reached via the A22 motorway in approximate 50 minutes.
Airport transfers can be arranged for about €60 for up to 4 persons. There are plenty of car hire places at the airport.
The village of Alvor with its narrow streets and fishing harbour is only a 10 minute drive away as is Portimao town centre.
The extensive beach of Praia da Rocha is a 20 minute walk or five minute drive.
Within a 30 minute drive you can visit the ancient walled town of Lagos with its lively harbour and marina, the mountains of Monchique and the old town of Silves.
The Natural Park of the western Atlantic coast is less than an hour away by car.
There is a small supermarket within walking distance. The major supermarkets Continente, Lidl and Aldi are only a five minute drive from the apartment.
There is no shortage of bars and restaurants to suit all tastes in the area.
Alvor has a bowls club and boasts a skydiving centre at the small aerodrome.
Also worth considering is the boat trip from Portimao riverside upriver to the ancient town of Silves.
Recently introduce is a half hourly bus service from close to the apartment to Alvor village via Alto Country Club reception, in one direction and to the centre of Portimao in the other. A regular bus service runs from Vau beach to Portimao via Praia da Rocha and the marina at Portimao.
Other tourist information and details of local taxis can be found in the apartment.
There are many available trips (Boat etc.) which can be arranged through Reception making your stay hassle free.
Slide & Splash waterpark, near Lagoa, is about a 20 minute drive from the Apartment.
Zoomarine with several shows throughout the day including dolphins (plus you can swim with these amazing creatures at a charge) swimming pool, restaurants and bars and many amusements, near Guia, about 35 minute drive, offer a great family day out.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 May 2017 - 30 Jun 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
1 Jul 2017 - 31 Aug 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
1 Sep 2017 - 30 Sep 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Stays of shorter than one week or across different periods are charged pro rata (minimum charge is four nights, minimum one week in July and August).
Water and electricity costs are included as are arrival and departure cleaning, linen and towels.
Further maid service can be arranged as an optional extra.
A 20% non-refundable deposit is required upon confirmation of the booking with the remainder due 8 weeks before arrival.
Please contact owner.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property (maximum occupancy 4 persons) per week in UK pounds. Baby cot and high chair available for rental. Payment in euros can also be accepted. Stay of shorter than one week or across different periods are charged pro rata (minimum charge is 4 nights) Generous discounts may be available from time to time and for short notice reservations. Long lets are also available, please contact the owners for special prices.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove ...
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- The en-suite bathroom of the master bedroom has a bath with shower over, WC, bidet, wash hand basin, heated towel rail and hairdryer. Bathroom 2 has WC, shower and wash hand basin and heated towel rail.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 2 fully carpeted double bedrooms both with twin beds. The master bedroom has an en-suite bathroom and dressing area with access through patio doors, with fly screen, onto the terrace overlooking the 13th fairway on the Alto Golf course.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Strictly non-smoking. Licensed for Letting by Portuguese Authorities. Mosquito screens are incorporated into all windows throughout the apartment. Baby cot and high chair available for rental. Outside: The south facing Balcony, equipped with dining table and chairs, overlooks the renowned Alto Golf Course’s 13th fairway and the swimming pool which is shared between the peaceful apartment blocks. The Alto Golf & Country Club Resort has plenty of enjoyable facilities available free of charge to Guests: Large Outdoor Pool and Children's Paddling Pool serviced by a Poolside Bar where drinks and snacks are served; Heated Indoor Pool with Retractable Roof with Sauna, and Solarium; Gymnasium; Table tennis and Shuffleboard; 2 Tennis Courts (with floodlights); Children’s play area; Putting Green. Sun loungers at Restinga’s Restaurant at Alvor Beach (subject to availability). Several shared pools. Restaurant - 'Cotton's' - award winning - open every evening serving superb meals. 24 hour reception (during summer), 8am to 6pm otherwise. Internet facilities available at reception which could be subject to a small charge. Utility Room: Contains iron, ironing board, clothes airer and electric thermostatically controlled water heater. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All bed linen, bathroom towels and pool/beach towels are provided on a weekly basis. Apartment is cleaned before arrival and weekly thereafter. Additional maid service available at extra cost. Other: The south facing Balcony has a built in barbecue, table, chairs and parasol. Private parking both outside and underneath apartment block. Amenities/Facilities:All Alto Golf and Country Club amenities are available at main Resort to Guests.