Cottage in Low Row, Nr. Reeth, Swaledale, Yorkshire Dales, England, UK - Peaceful Location, Great For Walking Or Relaxing, Uninterrupted Views Of The Dale
Three bedroom south facing detached stone built property which sleeps 7. Stunning views across Swaledale from all rooms and the private wall terrace. An ideal location for exploring Swaledale, one of the least spoilt Yorkshire Dales - with it's hay meadows and stone barns. There is great walking and mountain biking from the door (with secure bike storage in utility area). This house is perfect for families and children and would be ideal for 2 families. There is a pub 2 minutes walk from the house that has been re-developed and offers superb food and excellent ale. Wardle House is eco-friendly with solar panels to heat the water (with back-up system in winter!).
About the Owner
My husband & I live in Ilkley in West Yorkshire with our 3 sons. We all love coming up to stay at Wardle House and have really enjoyed the renovation project. The house has some great history - the first paper records are from 1893 when it was for stables and hay storage, it has also been the local shop and cafe and even petrol station in the 50s! The children love the freedom of the dale and we all enjoy exploring the countryside both by foot and on bikes!
Guestbook comments from the owner
'Wardle House is a very pleasant get away from it all. It is a spacious, homely, welcoming and well equipped. One of the best features is the location, commanding an uninterrupted view of the whole of Swaledale from the picture window in the dining room. The open fire makes a great focus for a cosy relaxed night in. The children 12 and under will llove the farm visitor centre below the house' Chris and family (3 x visitor)
'I have enjoyed many happy holidays at Wardle House, it being ideally located to explore country walks, market towns or just the fantastic local pub. The house's spacious living areas make it comfortable even when the weather prevents us sitting on the terrace. Either way, you can be asssured of The most amazing Dales view that you'll ever see from an armchair!" Claire (5x visitor).
'I would recommend Wardle House to anyone who wishes to get away from the bustle of everyday life and enjoy the stillness and fresh are that Yorkshire offers' Evans Family
From the Owner
“We bought this property after falling in love with Swaledale and the small village of Low Row. There is something so peaceful and unspoilt about this dale that makes you want to keep coming back. We love all the outdoor activities that Swaledale can offer but also the feeling of getting away from it all and relaxing and looking at the view.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Mountain biking (centre in Reeth, 10 minute drive away where you can rent bikes)
Caving. Birdwatching. Horse riding (local centres nearby).
There is a small sandy beach by the River Swale below the house. The East coast is approximately 1 hours drive.
Nearest airports are Newcastle and LeedsBradford - both about 1 and half hours drive away.
Reeth (small town with shops and weekly market) 4 miles. Richmond (larger town with markets and cinema) 17 miles. Leyburn (town with shops and markets) 9 miles. Hawes (town in Wensleydale - museums and antique shops) 15 miles. Aysgarth falls 20 miles. Bolton Castle 15 miles.
Reeth (4 miles) has shops/pub/weekly markets/restaurant/museum/childrens play park/doctors surgery/petrol station/cashpoint.
Leyburn (9 miles) has shops/pub/markets/restaurant/childrens play park/petrol station/bank
Richmond (17 miles) supermarket/pub/markets/cinema and old Georgian theatre/castle/museum/bank/garage.
Hawes (15 miles) Local shops/Yorkshire Dales museum, Wensleydale creamery, walking shops, cafes/restaurants and pubs.
Aysgarth Falls (20 miles) - impressive waterfalls.
- Booking Notes:
Please call or email to make a booking which will be confirmed after payment of £100 deposit. Full payment due 8 weeks before stay.
Friday-Friday changeover day. 4pm arrival and 10am departure to ensure time for the high standard cleaning service.
Notes on prices:
The rates are all-inclusive rates for the rental of the cottage for one week (Friday to Friday). We do not charge a booking fee.
Short breaks are also offered - usually Friday/Saturday/Sunday but please contact us to see if your request can be accommodated. Please note that prices could alter without notice.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Wardle House is remote with an aspect that keeps you unaware of anything else other than the view. Even so, we are close to the local pub and shops so you can get all the amenities you need. The wood burning stove and open fire make it a cosy retreat all year round. In summer you can turn the water heater off and live in an eco-friendly style with the solar panels heating your water!”
- guest house
- Guest House
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 with WC, basin with shaving point, shower and bath. Bathroom 2 with WC, vanity unit and large shower (situated next to bedroom 1).
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - King size bed with single - peaceful room at end of house. Bedroom 2 - twin single beds. Bedroom 3 - Double bed with desk and wardrobe.
- Notes on accommodation: Toys and games are provided and children are most welcome (we have 3 children that love it here!) Cot and high chair provided. Children should be supervised in the garden due to the raised position of the walled terrace. Outside: South-facing private walled terrace garden. Garden furniture and BBQ provided. Very peaceful with amazing views. Utility Room: Large utility area, with own external door, perfect for safe storage of mountain bikes and wet boots. bike stand for maintenance work. cleaning equipment Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen provided. Welcome pack. Cleaning provided at end of stay. Other: Dining room with large dining table and chairs. Bay window with incredible views and chairs to relax in. Wood burning stove. Games and toys in cupboard under the stairs.