Palm Villa at Coral Cliff, St Peters, Barbados, Caribbean, West Indies - Peaceful Location, 10 minutes walk to the Beach, Free Wifi included
Palm Villa is the perfect holiday home in Barbados. Its elevated position at Maynards allows the easterly tropical breeze to gently cool you down on the hottest of days. The house has been fully refurbished in 2011 with modern furniture and all the modern conveniences you would expect to find. Situated on the West Coast of Barbados, the house is easily accessible to all the famous west coast beaches. Nearby Speightstown and Holetown offer all the facilities from top class restaurants to the local rum bars, water-sports, golf courses, tennis courts, banks and shops.
About the Owner
We run a successful holiday letting company in the UK and this is our first property rental in Barbados after having visited the island on holiday for the last 10 years. We have used our experience in the holiday letting market to decorate, furnish and equip the property to its current high standard using a mixture of traditional and contemporary fixtures and fittings. We believe we have created a holiday home for ourselves and others to enjoy.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We are having a really wonderful time and have become besotted with Barbados. Thanks for creating such a beautiful and comfortable home. Beverley has been a fantastic asset during our stay. Regards Jemery Jan 2012
Hi there, we have just had a wonderful stay at the Villa. I wanted to let you know how much we enjoyed ourselves. Beverly was so helpful and thoughtful. You have a real treasure there with her. We stayed as part of the Darryl Baumstein party greeting our sons and daughters after rowing the Atlantic. There were 9 of us and we had plenty of room for all. Thank you for the welcome book it was most helpful. Anthony and I live in Troy NH USA and will certainly recommend your Villa to any of our friends who wish to go Barbados.
Thank you once again.
Fenella - Feb 2012
From the Owner
“We have been visiting Barbados annually for the last 10 years and our love of the island enticed us to purchase a property of our own. Barbados has something for everyone; the sun, sea and fun of the Caribbean along with excellent golf courses and exceptional restaurants. (In our 10 years of coming here we still haven't managed to sample them all!) The island exudes typical Caribbean charm and the locals are friendly and approachable. The direct flight from Gatwick is an added bonus; you don't waste time waiting for island hoppers so there’s plenty more time for an extra Banks beer!”
Activity and Interests
West Coast beaches: the nearest beach - Six Men’s Bay is less than a 10 minute walk away, however, there are countless other excellent beaches close by.
East Coast beaches: these are easily accessible via some of the most beautiful inland scenery Barbados has to offer. The Atlantic beach of Bathsheba is only a 30 minute drive and definitely worth a visit for its unique rugged beauty.
South Coast beaches: these are about a 50 minute drive via Bridgetown.
Grantley Adams International Airport is less than an hour's drive. Taxis are reasonable and plentiful and therefore pre-booking is not necessary. Car rental is affordable and definitely recommended to make the most of your holiday. A discount rate has been negotiated between the owners and a local hire firm. Buses are frequent, fun and extremely cheap.
Palm Villa is positioned equidistant from Speightstown and Mile and a Quarter. Both have a petrol stations and a supermarket, however Speightstown is much the larger and offers a far greater range of shopping outlets. Holetown is approximately a 20 minute drive away, with Bridgetown the capital a further 25 minutes.
The nearest major supermarket is Jordans in Speightstown, 5 minutes by car from the villa. Speightstown also offers banks, shops, restaurants, bars and a local fruit and vegetable market. The west coast is blessed with many fine restaurants as well as more family orientated eateries and beach bars. The world famous Cliff restaurant is 30 minutes away. All major water-sports are available at Almond Beach which is only a 3 minute drive away. Deep-sea fishing trips, yacht charters and submersible tours are available from Bridgetown.
Bajan activities are not only restricted to the coast. There are many interesting places to visit including old Colonial Plantation Houses many of which are now interesting museums. The local Barbados Wildlife Reserve at Farley Hill affords the opportunity to amble through lush Mahogany groves amongst free roaming monkeys, deer, otters, agouti and tortoise.
Bridgetown itself is definitely worth a visit. The colonial churches, museums and shops offer an interesting day out; for instance, how many of us know that Bridgetown was host to Admiral Lord Nelson and George Washington?
Barbados offers a range of spectator sports including horseracing at the Garrison Savannah course, cricket at the Kensington Oval and polo at Holders. All are exciting, friendly and inexpensive.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
7 Oct 2016 - 15 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£500|
Bookings are confirmed by e-mail or post. A 30 % non-refundable deposit is required within 7 days of booking. The balance is then due 6 weeks prior to arrival. A refundable deposit of £500.00 is required together with the balance. The deposit, less any deduction for damage to the property or its contents, will be returned to the client within 14 days of departure. Payments can be made by electronic transfer or Sterling cheques.
Please contact owner for changeover day details.
Notes on prices:
£150 per night
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The mixture of excellent pool facilities, tropical garden and spacious living area afford all visitors an unforgettable experience. Once you have stood on the balcony with a drink in your hand watching the sun go down over the Caribbean Sea, you will appreciate what a fantastic position Palm Villa commands.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- near the sea
- botanical garden
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- bay fishing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 – 1st floor – bath with shower over, WC and wash basin Bathroom 2 – 1st floor – shower cubicle, WC and hand basin Bathroom 3 – Ground floor – shower cubicle, WC and hand basin En-suite first floor – bath, separate shower, WC and hand basin
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 – 5’bed and en-suite (ground floor). Bedroom 2 – 5’ bed and en-suite. Bedroom 3 - Twin beds. Bedroom 4 - Twin beds. Bedroom 5 – 5’ bed. All bedrooms are air conditioned.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The house has the benefit of air conditioning in all the bedrooms. All rooms have Ceiling fans. Palm Villa has the added luxury of a dedicated pool bar. Outside: Palm Villa offers extensive grounds with panoramic views. The property is enclosed by fencing and hibiscus hedging. The pool area is approx 6 metres x 4 metres and supplemented with a pool shower. Sunbeds and chairs allow for lazy days reading and chillin' out Bajan style. There is a pool bar which is equipped with a dartboard. A table tennis table is stored in the bar area. Utility Room: Washing machine, tumble drier, large store fridge, iron, ironing board and BBQ. Doorways leading to garden and pool bar. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen, towels and beach towels are provided and are changed regularly. Our housekeeper visits three times a week. Our gardener visits once a week to maintain the pool and grounds. The housekeeper is available to cook and baby-sit by private arrangement. Other: Apart from the new kitchen and bathrooms, the whole house has been re-tiled and redecorated. All the rooms are fitted with new quality furniture, making this villa the ideal holiday home.