Farmhouse in Port Isaac, Cornwall, England - Beautiful rural location, 10 mins Rock/Polzeath/Daymer Bay
Enjoy all that Polzeath and Rock has to offer from the tranquillity of Trewithick Farm! Situated only 8 minutes drive from Polzeath and Rock, the beautiful hamlet of Trelights offers an unbeatable combination – accessibility, tranquillity and amazing views of the sea. Our ultra comfortable, well equipped Cornish farmhouse sleeps 10 comfortably”. Large, open garden with plenty of parking available
About the Owner
We are a large active family of 6 who spend as much time in Cornwall as we can possibly manage! One of the great things about Trewithick Farm is that it has plenty of space and storage and is in the centre of all our favourite pastimes in Cornwall!
We surf and kayak at Polzeath, we sail at Rock, we swim at Port Quin off the headland, we windsurf at Daymer Bay, we fly kites at Polzeath at low tide, we walk along the coast path from Pentire Farm to Rock, (or Port Quin to Port Isaac and back), we buy fish (and fudge!) at Port Isaac, we go to the pub at St Kew, and we cook barbecues in the garden and sit and watch the sunset as it sets over The Rumps at sea..... it is our perfect place!
Guestbook comments from the owner
"I just wanted to say how lovely the cottage was and exactly what we were looking for.You should change the photos on the website as they really do not do it justice!!" Sept 2012
"Trewithick was a great place to stay, fantastically well equipped and we really do appreciate you letting us use your family holiday home." July 2012
"We have just had the most fantastic two weeks in your house, thank you so much - very many thanks and your house is wonderful" - August 2009.
"Thank you so much, we had such a fabulous stay at Trewithick Farm. The house was perfect for our families and it was so relaxing and cosy. We had some bad news before Christmas and the break really recharged our batteries - in fact the house felt like a big hug from an old friend. The bed was so comfortable that we noted the make and are going to buy a new one!
We ate our way around Port Isaac and spent New Years Eve at
From the Owner
“We have been holidaying in the Port Isaac/Trelights/Polzeath area of Cornwall for 30 years, since we were late teenagers. When our children were born, we determined to buy our own holiday house in the area but it took us another 10 years to find the one we wanted. We always particularly loved the tranquillity of Trelights and being away from the madness and busy-ness of living in the centre of Polzeath/Rock/Trebetherick, especially in high season! When we saw Trewithick Farm, it was love at first sight and we were the only people who ever got the chance to look around it as we went straight down and did the deal with the retired farmer who had lived there for over 30 years, farming all the surrounding land. We rent it out to give others the chance to enjoy it too!”
Activity and Interests
Port Isaac 1.5 miles.
Port Quin 1.5 miles.
Rock 6 miles.
Polzeath 5 miles.
Wadebridge 8 miles.
Padstow 14 miles.
Newquay nearest airport - 23 miles.
Bodmin Parkway nearest train station - 17 miles.
Well behaved dogs allowed by prior arrangement with owners
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Prices are for the property per week in UK pounds. Please email to request availability. All bookings are subject to a completed booking form and a 25% deposit with the balance payable 6 weeks before the booking commences.
Saturday 3.30pm arrival, Saturday 12.00 midday departure.
Notes on prices:
Long weekends/mid week breaks available on request.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- pets considered
- near the sea
- bird watching
- scenic drives
Sports & Adventure Activities
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Master bathroom: large, raised bath, separate shower, toilet, basin. Family bathroom: brand new 2014 - shower/bath, toilet, basin Additional WC downstairs - also brand new 2014
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8/10 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1: master bedroom kingsize bed, with private bathroom. Bedroom 2: double bedroom. Bedroom 3: twin beds. Bedroom 4: single bed, full-sized bunk beds plus solid pull-out bed. Plus beanbags, TV with video player.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Cot & high chair available upon request at no extra charge. Please bring towels or request at booking. No pets & non smoking. Electricity & heating included, plus all logs for wood burner. Telephone calls charged on honesty basis (weak mobile phone reception on ground floor); Excellent WiFi/internet access; luxury bath soap provided, extra cleaning available upon request & babysitting available via caretaker, powerful outdoor shower for surfers/sailors/wetsuits. Outside: NB: Steep entrance into the drive from the lane. Exit with care. Quite a large lawned area in the garden with shrubs and stone planters Ample parking for both cars & boats. 2 pub-style wooden garden tables with benches attached; one large plastic outdoor table with 8 chairs; Weber barbecue; outdoor garden tap with hose. large washing line with pole & pegs. Utility Room: All utilities are located in the garage, accessible through the house and include washing machine, extra large Whirlpool tumble dryer, a second fridge/freezer, airing facilities. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Rental includes all linen (except cot/baby linen), more available for extra charge All beds made up upon arrival. Towels available for hire on request. Property cleaned weekly on changeover day (Saturday) and has its own private caretaker. Other: Sunroom/conservatory: very sunny, warm with comfortable sofas and chairs, & wonderful views! Inside porch area - useful for storage/wellingtons etc.