Corrie village, Isle of Arran, Strathclyde, Scotland, UK - 1 Minute Walk To The Beach In Corrie Village At The Foothills Of The Mountains Of The Isle Of Arran
The Steading Farmstead in the beautiful village of Corrie is beside the track that leads up to Goatfell the highest mountain on the Isle of Arran. Red deer roam on the mountains. The old village of High Corrie is on the hill above. Online booking available. The Steading cottage - Part of the original farmhouse it has an open fire and sea views. Large garden surrounded in woodland with seaviews enjoy the peace and tranquility and watch the seals and gannets. Direct public transport links Glasgow to the Isle of Arran 2 hours. Corrie is 6 miles from the main village of Brodick.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
(1 traveller reviews)
We wanted a quiet week away from deadlines at work and we found it on the Isle of Arran. Terrific accommodation in the village of Corrie with very comfy beds and an envious view across the water to the Ayrshire coast. A week in this idyllic area was not enough: the island and its people made us so very welcome and we could feel the tension of work melting away. Lots to see and do and some very good eateries where the service was exceptional. Would we return? - oh yes, very much so.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Hill walking, paragliding, fayaking.
1 min from beach. Seals bask on the shore beside the house. Gannets dive. Dolphins and basking sharks can sometimes be seen. If you get up early you may spot an otter on the shore.
Walk along the shore through Corrie village there are three jetties. look carefully for dinasoar footprints. Look out for the doctors bath. Steps lead down to a 5 foot bath hewn out of the sandstone by his servant. The tide changes the water, take a dip!
The nearest airport is Prestwick 30 mins from Ardrossan harbour.
Glasgow airport to Ardossan 1 hr
Glasgow Central train station to Ardrossan harbour 50 mins
Ardrossan harbour to Brodick 55 mins
Brodick to Corrie 6 miles.
Bus station from Brodick pier, buses meet each ferry, there is a bus stop beside the sea outside The Steading.
Good public transport links. Secure car parking in Ardrossan
5 mins to Corrie Village centre and Corrie hotel. Brodick village 6 miles.
- Booking Notes:
Book online on website. 20% deposit. Balance due 4 weeks before arrival.
Saturday during main season. Min booking 1 night during winter. Mid week breaks.
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- En suire bathroom to bedroom 1 with bath / shower, wc Bathroom with WC bath / shower
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 Double bedroom with en-suite and a small dressing room with sea views. Bedroom 2 Twin room with skylight windows for stargazing.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Outside: There is a large garden with picnic benches and patios. Superb sea and mountain views Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and electric are included. Please bring your own towels. The property is cleaned between lets. Pets are allowed by arrangement.