Apartment in Muo, Kotor Bay, Montenegro - Breathtaking Views, Excellent Location, 5 Minutes Walk to the Beach and 15 Minutes to Kotor Old Town
This bright and airy contemporary first floor apartment is situated in Muo, a pretty village within 15 mins walk of Kotor old town and has spectacular views over the Bay of Kotor and the surrounding mountains. It is a fully-equipped self-catering apartment whose open plan living-dining room leads out to a spacious terrace which is ideal for alfresco dining, watching the boats on the fjord or simply relaxing. Completed in Summer 2007, the apartment is situated on the first floor and has two large bedrooms, two bathrooms (one ensuite to the master bedroom), a fully equipped kitchen and separate utility room, air-conditioning, two private balconies, a shared pool with a splash shower, private parking and with the double sofa bed in the living room it can accommodate up to 6 persons. The air-conditioning and heating ensure it is cool in summer and warm in winter. There are restaurants and bars and a local shop within easy walking distance.
About the Owner
A short holiday trip to Montenegro has now become a blissfull haven to escape to with the recent purchase of this beautiful apartment in Kotor! The old rustic charm of Kotor Old City and the genuinely friendly and hospitable nature of the Montenegrin people, priceless!
From the Owner
“The trip made such an impression that by the third day of my holiday, I was already out viewing apartments! Fastforward two months later, I'm the proud owner of Kotor Muo which I instantly knew was the one - from the very short pleasant car journey from Kotor Old City through the pretty quiet village of Muo, to stepping into the apartment and quickly greeted with a bright and airy space with breathtaking views of the Adriatic Sea and stunnning views of the Montenegrin landscape. Kotor Muo is definitely a delight and comfort to stay and relax in.”
Activity and Interests
The apartment is a 2 min walk to the beautiful clear waters of Kotor bay and there are many little pebbled beaches along the waterfront to lay out on. If you prefer larger sandier beaches there are several within a short drive of the apartment. There is Jaz beach which is the most famous (where the Rolling Stones and Madonna played) or there is Plavi Horizonti which, with its restaurant, playground, showers and sunbeds and umbrellas for hire, is perfect for families.
Tivat airport is only 10 minutes drive away on the far side of a mountain so no plane noise! Dubrovnik airport is about 90 mins drive (allowing time to cross the border), about 70km. Ferries cross from Bari in Italy to Bar in Southern Montenegro. Car hire is recommended as there are so many things to see (we can give you the number of the local car hire firm we use when we visit and if you prefer not to drive we can arrange a transfer you).
Muo is 15 mins walk/5 mins by car from the UNESCO heritage Citadel of Kotor. Buses also run near to the apartment and taxis can be found in plentiful supply. It is worth doing a trip around Kotor Bay by boat, visiting Sveti Stefan (1 hour drive), the Tara Canyon (do a day trip), Perast (30 min drive), the many National Parks etc. The beauty of Montenegro is you can do as much or as little as you please.
The town of Kotor with its many restaurants, bars, nightlife and shops is only a 15 min walk away. There are also some bars and restaurants locally in Muo itself which are only a 5 min walk from the apartment. Large supermarkets are a short drive away for a big shop, banks are in plentiful supply, visa and mastercard are widely accepted and the local currency is the euro. Montenegro itself is a beautiful country which is steeped in history and has magnificent scenery. You can spend your time on excursions around the bay and into the inland of Montenegro. Details of local tour operators can be provided.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Sep 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A 25% non refundable deposit is required to secure your booking. This deposit reverts to a breakage deposit which is refunded within 30 days of departure.
Full payment is due 6 weeks prior to your arrival. We will then send you a welcome pack with all the information you require for your holiday.
Generally Saturday or Sunday in high season (July & August) but contact us and if we can accommodate you we will. Check in time is after 3pm and check out is 10am.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Kotor Muo enjoys stunning views by day and certainly by night too! A short 5 mins walk and you're already by the beach soaking up the sun and enjoying the cool waters and a further 20 mins walk takes you right into Kotor Old City for some lunch or dinner at the various restaurants on offer. Sip on cocktails or enjoy a cuppa by the balcony while watching cruise ships or boats coming and going - an activity which can be enjoyed for hours! No exact words can express the feeling of being in Montenegro. It's truly a magical place which you'll just have to visit at least once in your life to fully understand the love and affection one has for Montenegro.”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Ocean View
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Two modern, neutrally decorated, fully tiled bathrooms. En-suite to bedroom 1 has a wc, wash hand basin and shower. Bathroom two has a large bath with a shower above, wc and basin.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4/6 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 has a king size bed and opens out onto a private balcony with views out over Kotor Bay. Bedroom 2 has twin beds and doors opening out to a private balcony. There is a double sofa bed in the living room which can sleep an additional two people.
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: The apartment itself is perfect for all ages especially children as it is open plan and spacious. The balcony areas are completely safe and serve as extensions to the apartment. Outside: Within the landscaped grounds, there is a communal swimming pool and splash shower, all for the exclusive use of residents. This is in addition to the private parking enjoyed by visitors to the apartment, and all within 2 minutes walk of the water of Kotor Bay. Guests can head off for a dip in the bay in the morning and to the pool for the rest of the day! Patio furniture is provided for the balcony off the living room so guests can sit and watch the sun set sipping a cold drink. Utility Room: There is a washing machine in the utility room in case you need one along with an iron and ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included for use in the apartment. Please bring your own beach towels for the pool or beach. The property is cleaned and linen changed on changeover days. More frequent changes can be arranged at an additional cost if required. Other: A designated parking space is located directly outside the apartment building entrance so it is easy for unloading shopping, luggage and people!