Old Stone House in Kelia, Near Kassiopi, Corfu - Very Quite Location, Close to Kassiopi
The tiny hamlet of Kelia ceased to be a village many years ago abandoned in one of those inexplicable shifts of fortune that led to so many villages fading off the map of Corfu. We turned to this beautiful herb scented hillside and found this property filled with character and have lovingly restored it to a refuge of tranquility. Helona is named after the tortoises that are residents in the grounds. We have brought it up to date without altering its established beauty. We have removed some interior walls
and built an openwork iron staircase and gallery leading up to a mezzanine level which has opened up the house to make it light and bright. Outside there is a large stone terrace around the beautiful infinity pool and a covered iron work pergola for outdoor dining.
We have also restored a seperate independent guest annexe which is only let along with the main house.
About the Owner
We live in England, Sussex. We have lived in our present home for 25 years. We have 3 daughters (all in their early 20's). We all have fabulous family holidays in our "Place in the Sun".
Guestbook comments from the owner
"The villa was gorgeous and a great place to relax".
"Loved the seclusion of the villa"
"We fell in love with Helona"
"The best part of our holiday was our engagement by the pool"
From the Owner
“When we bought our house it was derelict. It was used by the previous owner to keep his goats and sheep in! It had been his family home since he was born, but he and his family - (some years ago) all left to live in Kassiopi. I think that now they have seen the house as it is now, they wish they still owned it!! It is very rewarding renovating an old Corfiot house with its lovely stone walls.”
Activity and Interests
There are numerous beautiful beaches around Corfu. They are mainly pebbles. But there is one beach very near (about 10 mins) which is beautiful and sandy and the sea is very shallow - so ideal for children. All beaches are just a short drive away.
Easy Jet flies to Corfu daily from Gatwick from 1st April to the end of October. Other airlines are Monach, Thomas Cook, and Olympic. Ryan Air fly at least twice weekly from Stanstead. The airport is in Corfu Town which is about 1 hour drive away. Car hire is advised. Car hire pick-up and drop off is available at Corfu Airport.
Shops/tavernas/bars internet facilities and boat hire are all available in Kassiopi - about 1 km away. Water sports are available in Avlaki - about 2 km away.
Kelia is a small tranquil hamlet with hardly any traffic. Kassiopi is a busy but still attractive little harbour town, a good centre for shopping, entertainment and excursions, where tradition and tourism meet, with happy results. Teenagers love Kassiopi for its lively nightlife and trendy shopping. Parents love it because it keeps the children happy.
Aqua land is the biggest water park and is near to Corfu Town. A smaller water park is near to Acharavi - about 20 minutes away.
Scooter/bike/buggy rental is available in Kassiopi. Horse riding is available in Avlaki.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Requests please by e-mail. To confirm your booking we require a 25% non-refundable deposit with 7 days of your booking. The balance is required 4 weeks before departure. A security deposit of £200 is also required at this time which will be refunded on confirmation that all is OK at the property on your departure.
The preferred changeover day is Saturday or Sunday. House to be vacated by 10 am on day of departure. Arrival is from 4 pm.
Notes on prices:
If the mezzanine is required, sleeping two,there will be an additional charge at the following costs on a per person, per week basis: May, June, September October -£150. July, August - £300.
If the Annexe is required, sleeping two, there will be an additional charge at the following costs per week basis: May, June, September, October - £300. July and August - £500.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“We love our house and Corfu very much. We have emjoyed many happy times around the peaceful pool area, well away from the road and traffic. But within easy reach of Kassiopi, Avlaki, and St. Stephanos.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool ...
- non smoking only
- autumn foliage
- horse riding
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- pier fishing
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Ensuite to master bedroom with shower, wc, and basin. Seperate bathroom with shower, wc, and basin. Large shower room in annexe with shower, wc, and basin.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Large Double Bed, this bedroom is in a separate annex
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Large Double Bed, This bedroom is in a separate annexe
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 5 - 1 Large Double Bed, Mezzanine.
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 2/10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom with en-suite and king size bed - french doors to terrace. Bedroom 2 - Twin beds. King size bed in Mezzanine Gallery Separate annexe with king size bed No. 1. Separate annexe with King size bed No. 2.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The bedrooms have air-conditioning with remote controls (not mezzanine area) and the windows have built in mosquito nets. LCD flat screen TV with DVD Player. All English TV Channels. Sony Docking station. All bedrooms have hairdryers and a Safe is in the Twin room. Children welcome cot and highchair are available. Kassiopi with its bars/tavernas and shops is only 10/15 mins walk away. Free Wi-Fi included. Outside: Helona has a low walled terrace outside the living and kitchen area with a table and chairs. 3 steps down take you to the lovely private infinity pool (9.5m x 5m and 1.05m - 1.60m deep with built-in marble steps) with sun-beds and parasols and a very attractive shaded outdoor dining area with a large round marble table and chairs. There is also some natural shade from the Olive Trees. There is a large portable Webber BBQ. Please note: There are some 'Corfu' cats that live near this house. Utility Room: Washing machine in pool pump room. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bath towells and linen provided. The linen is changed twice weekly. Maid up to 2 hours, 3 days per week. Other: Mezzanine Gallery - above dining area and sitting room - opens onto a small juliet balcony. Guest annexe with small kitchenette and microwave, 2 ring hob and fridge. large shower room.