Converted barn in Horsington, Wincanton, Somerset, England - Peaceful Location, 20 Minutes Walk From Nearest Village
This is a charming converted stone barn. It is set back from the quiet country road down a long (half mile) shared drive through and is surrounded by open pastureland, providing ample opportunities for country walks. The house is within sight of plenty of wildlife including deer, squirrels and buzzards. The country lanes in the area are generally flat providing excellent cycling opportunities as well. Coarse fishing is available nearby within a 10 minute drive. Within an easy drive of a number of ruined castles, country houses and several national tourist attractions including: Longleat safari park, Haynes motor museum, the Lyme Regis Jurassic coast and Exmoor.
About the Owner
I am a barrister, and my wife and I live in the neighbouring property to the cottage. My wife will be available most days to provide advice and assistance as and when required.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"Thank you so much for a great week. The house is beautiful and what a wonderfully peaceful spot... It's a very friendly and relaxed place and thank you for making us feel so welcome."
"very comfortable accommodation in beautiful surroundings"
"Had an amazing week - the cottage is wonderful - down to the last detail! We felt at home straight away with all the attention you've paid to making us feel comfortable"
"The gardens and orchard are beautiful - its difficult to tear ourselves away"
1 holidaymaker review
From the Owner
“We bought the property because this is an area of some of the most beautiful countryside, surrounded by pastureland and oak trees. The area is extremely quiet and peaceful and offers lots of opportunity for rest and relaxation.”
Activity and Interests
Nearest beach is c. 1 hour's drive (south coast of Dorset / Lyme Regis).
Use of a car is essential. Nearest airport: Bristol International Airport (c. 1 hour's drive). Nearest mainline station: Templecombe (5 minutes drive, mainline to London Waterloo - c. 2 hours 10 minutes).
Nearest villages: South Cheriton or Horsington (including family friendly pub) - each c. 1 mile away.
Nearest town: Wincanton c. 3 miles.
Wincanton (c. 3 miles) offers a choice of 2 supermarkets (Morrisons / Lidl), delicatessen, butcher, and a range of other useful shops and restaurants / takeaways.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
22 Oct 2016 - 29 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Contact owners to confirm availability. Deposit payment by BACS/internet to secure booking.
Changeover day is flexible in low season, but Saturday is preferred. Saturday only changeover during peak season. Arrival from 4pm and departure by 10am (unless otherwise arranged).
Notes on prices:
£1000 - £1500 per week.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Room
- DVD Player
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower)
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Ensuite bathroom to bedroom 1 with bath and shower, wc. Additional bathroom for bedrooms 2-3 with bath, wc Downstairs wc
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 1
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed. Bedroom 2 with twin beds. Bedroom 3 with twin beds.
- Notes on accommodation: Outside: The property benefits from a private garden. There is plenty of space (and furniture) for outside dining. There is use of a bicycle shed if required, and use of 5 acres of private meadowland adjoining the property. Utility Room: Washing machine, iron & ironing board, clothes horse. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen included. If the property is taken for a minimum of 14 nights, then the house is cleaned and towels & linen changed weekly. Other: Large hall. Downstairs wc.