Village House in Cheilly Les Maranges, near Chagny, Saone-et-Loire, Burgundy, France - Peaceful Location, Five Minutes Walk To A Bar And Pizzeria.
A spacious and light village house is located in the attractive wine-producing village of Cheilly les Maranges in the Hautes Cotes de Beaune. With 2 large double bedrooms, one with a sofa bed on the 1st floor. There is also a sitting room with books and games and a modern shower room. On the ground floor there is a large comfortable lounge diner. Off the hall way is a modern shower room and a new kitchen extension with a high ceiling and French doors leading out to the garden. The private walled garden includes a patio, sun deck, and a small shaded area where you can keep cool under the Wisteria. It is a 5 minute walk to village bar and pizzeria. There are 8 wine producers in the village. Our neighbour Paul speaks English and manages the property. He lives opposite and is available not only for checking guests in and out, but to provide information and advice to make the most of your stay.
About the Owner
We lead busy lives in London and look forward to spending our holidays in Cheilly (pronounced shayee). We have spent many years holidaying in France and now feel like we are coming home as soon as we hit Calais.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Couple Buckingham May 2014
We cannot say enough about your lovely home! So comfortable and just feels like home. We have travelled over France to stay in gites for many years and whilst many are outstanding, this is the first one we have fallen in love with.
Couple Exeter June 2014
We found the house ideal in every respect for our needs. It is an ideal base for visiting the Burgundy area and provides a quiet haven for resting after more energetic days spent cycling and walking.
Couple July 2014
We have really enjoyed our stay in Cheilly. Your house was perfect.
Couple Chichester September 2014
We've had a wonderful perfect and relaxing week. The weather was ideal and we really appreciated the location and lovely house. It is just right for what we like doing, wine tasting (and buying) and bike rides, though not at the same time.
Two couples West Yorkshire and Cambrideshire October 2014
We have been coming to Cheilly for several years, but this was our first visit to your lovely gite. It's a little like a tardis, full of nice surprises inside.
1 holidaymaker review
Great location in peaceful village and glorious scenery. Great access to pretty towns and points of interest, helped by a multitude of fantastic cycle routes with varying levels of challenge. Wine-tasting available locally through several small vignerons. Comfortable and well-equipped gite with private garden space. Our one disappointment was our arrival...despite arriving when expected and comfortably within the agreement the gite was not fully ready with cleaners finishing off and a cold feel to the house. This was a bad experience and poor start after a long journey.
From the Owner
“Cheilly is a beautiful and unspoilt village, situated away from the main road over a canal bridge. If you're looking for a place to relax and chill out Cheilly is ideal, we certainly unwind as soon as we arrive at our house. The area is a superb location for walking and cycling along the 'voies vertes'. These are wide pathways which run through the village and you’ll be spoilt for choice between the old railway line or the canal path both with a smooth tarmac surface. These pathways will lead you effortlessly through stunning villages, vineyards and rolling hills as far as the eye can see. Near by at St Leger sur Dheune you can hire a barge to explore the Canal de Centre at a more leisurely pace.”
Activity and Interests
Nearest port: Calais or Boulogne, 6 hours driving distance. Nearest airport: Lyon, 2 hours driving distance. Nearest train station connecting to Paris: Le Creusot half and hour's driving distance.
Santenay: 1.5km. 1.5 miles Chagny: 8km, 5miles. Beaune: 21km, 13 miles. Autun: 35km, 22 miles. Chalon Sur Saone: 27km, 17 miles.
Nearest bank and cashpoint Santenay 2 km. Santenay 30 metre swimming pool 1.5km. Swimming Lake Nolay 3km.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£50|
Heating between 7am-12am is included in the rental price.
No smoking in the house.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“There are many historical towns within easy reach such as Beaune, Cluny and Autun with many cultural events taking place throughout the year. For shopping, especially bric a brac you are in easy reach of Chalon sur Saone. The autoroute from Calais takes just 6 hours, but should you wish a more relaxing journey, you can travel from St Pancras International to Paris and then take the Eurostar directly to Le Creusot (15 kms from Cheilly). A hire car can be booked before you leave home and collected at le Creusot/Montchanin TGV.”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Toys ...
- Video Library
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Modern shower room on the ground floor with large shower, sink & WC. Modern 1st Floor shower room with sink & WC adjoining the 1st floor sitting room and second double bedroom.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: 2 Large Double Rooms, One With Additional Sofa Bed Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with a King sized bed. Bedroom 2 with a double bed and sofa bed.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Tennis ...
- Notes on accommodation: Cheilly has the following amenities: bar, tabac, restaurant, pizzeria 'Les Maranges'. Butcher/charcuterie, where you can also buy bread. Stamps available at the Marie. There are also 8 wine producers, with tasting opportunities in the village. Santenay has a few shops including a chemist, and is well known for its casino. Chagny has a railway station, shops, supermarkets and an excellent street market on Sunday morning. Burgundy is a region particularly rich in history. Beaune is both interesting to visit and an important motorway junction (A6, A31,A36). There is a wide range of restaurants and wine cellars. Autun is a Gallo-Roman town with impressive monuments including pre-Roman Celtic buildings. It is well worth a day's visit and the drive there through the Morvan forest enables you to discover another aspect of the beautiful Burgundy countryside. Chalon Sur Saone is the administrative and commercial centre and the birthplace of photography(Niepce). Outside: Sunny walled garden, patio, decking, barbecue, table and 4 chairs, small table and 2 chairs, parasol, 2 sun beds. Utility Room: Washing machine, laundry basket, bin, hanger, blender, toaster, iron, ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Household linen (sheets, towels, tea towels) is provided and the bed is made up ready for your arrival.