Apartment in La Grande Terche, Portes du Soleil Nr. Morzine - Ideal Ski And Summer Apartment Located Next To The Ski And Mountain Biking Lift
Beautiful, modern style apartment is ideally located in a family orientated resort. Finished to an high standard and is fully equipped for 6 people, including Wifi, washing machine and flat screen TV.
Large living area opens onto a sunny balcony with stunning views across the Valley. Ideally located, only 200m to nearest lift and you can ski out in the winter season.
La Grande Terche is a small,family friendly resort, located in the Portes du Soleil, with a good road up from the valley to Avoriaz (20 mins), providing a larger terrain including late season high altitude skiing. Highly recommended for families with young children, or beginners or advanced skiers: excellent safe off piste, and a 20km red circuit.
The village has a small centre with shops including bakery, supermarket, restaurants, tourist office, ski school and equipment hire shops. Spectacular views!
About the Owner
About Harriet Gray Stephens
I am a medic from Oxford, who enjoys travelling and the great outdoors
Harriet Gray Stephens purchased this apartment in 2009
Why Harriet Gray Stephens chose Portes du Soleil area
Having often skied in Les Portes du soleil when I was younger I fell in love with the small village of St Jean D'Aulp. After a year spent in Geneva, spending many happy holidays in the village we decided to buy our apartment. We love our apartment and its location. We love the fact it is close to the shops, restaurants & ski slopes. The views from from the apartment are magnificent and like nothing better than sitting on our balcony, enjoying a glass of wine.
What makes this apartment unique
We love the fact that in summer there are so many places nearby to visit. Every year we find new places we never new existed- there is so much to do and explore. In winter the skiing is fantastic!
This property doesn't have any reviews yet!
From the Owner
“Having often skied in Les Portes du soleil when I was younger I fell in love with the small village of St Jean D'Aulp. After a year spent in Geneva, spending many happy holidays in the village we decided to buy our apartment. We love our apartment and its location. We love the fact it is close to the shops, restaurants & ski slopes. The views from from the apartment are magnificent and like nothing better than sitting on our balcony, enjoying a glass of wine.”
Activity and Interests
Lake Geneva 30 min drive: Beautiful sailing and swimming possibilities. Outside Olympic size swimming pool situated in Morzine. Swimming lakes within 5-10 mins drive, including lake Montriond.
Nearest Airport Geneva. Transfer time 1 hour. 15-30 flights from UK daily in season. Good shuttle transfers available. Drive time from, Calais 8 hours. Car recommended for longer stays and skiers wishing to explore Avoriaz and further a field ski resorts, although they can be easily reached by bus
Nearest shops and restaurants (La Grande Terche Town Centre): 200m
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
Low Season (Skiing)
15 Apr 2017 - 6 May 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£260|
Arrival: After 4pm, departure: 10am. High season: Saturday only. Mid/low season: Flexible scheduling.
Notes on prices:
Property prices all updated!
10% discount for 2nd week rent.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
From the Owner
“We love the fact that in summer there are so many places nearby to visit. Every year we find new places we never new existed- there is so much to do and explore. In winter the skiing is fantastic!”
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
- horse riding
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- golf pass optional
- ski lift pass
- ski pass optional
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Downstairs: Bathroom with shower and toilet. Upstairs: Newly Fitted WC including washing machine.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 2/6 (1 Bedroom): 2 doubles, 1 adult-bunk be Notes on bedrooms: Downstairs: 1 double sofa bed. Upstairs: 1 double, bunk beds (adult size) with large wardrobe and drawers. (baby gate can also be provided).
- Notes on accommodation: The apartment enjoys a sunny position and from the private balcony you can take in the unrestricted and breathtaking views of the mountains across to the peaks of Avoriaz. Outside: At the side of the property there is ample parking at the property which is reserved exclusively for guests cars (up to 3). Utility Room: Storage room in basement: 1 x Ski locker, 1 x large cave. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen & towels for up to 6 people can be provided at r €20/person. Cleaning is not included in this cost, but can be arranged. We provide all basic non-food items e.g. kitchen towel, toilet roll, washing up liquid, washing powder etc free of charge. Other: I currently have an agent (Stephanie, Alpslocation.com) looking after the apartment. She lives in the village, and is available to welcome you to the apartment, show you where everything is, and act as a 1st point of contact in case of any problems.