Villa in Lamalou les Bains, Herault, Languedoc Roussillon, France - Quiet location yet close to all the amenities
Villa with pool on the outskirts of Lamalou les Bains. The main house has 3 bedrooms and attached is a apartment with one bedroom. Lamalou les Bains is located in the National Park of Haute Languedoc, a spa town surrounded by beautiful hills, countryside and vineyards. The area is fantastic for walks, swimming and canoeing whilst the beach is 45 minutes away. The villa is on the edge of the town so restaurants, shops and even the casino are within walking distance.
About the Owner
The villa was purchased by Chris Newman as a holiday home in March 2011.
The location is wonderful in that a short walk can take you to the wooded mountains of Languedoc National Park in one direction or the spa town of Lamalou les Bains the opposite direction.
Having viewed many properties this was the place to be.
After lots of painting and decorating and 2 newly fitted bathrooms the house was completed in June.
We plan to visit several times each year-Beziers airport is a real benefit as it is so close.
We have a local English couple who do the maintenance and changeovers whilst the swimming pool is regularly maintained during the summer months.
From the Owner
“A holiday here can be as quiet or busy as you want it to be. The Med' beaches of Valras Plage and Cap d'Agde are about 40 minutes away as are several historic cathedral cities such as Beziers and Narbonne. Nearer are vast areas of vineyards as well as spectacular mountains. Great for all outdoor pursuits. Lamalou is a busy town in the summer months but the location is still very peaceful.”
Activity and Interests
There are beaches approximately 45 minutes drive away.
The nearest airport is Beziers about 30 minutes drive. Car hire is recommended though Lamalou is within walking distance and has many amenities. There is a bus service to Beziers and Montpellier.
Lamalou is less than 10 minutes walk.
Lamalou has many shops, a market, bars, restaurants and a local sports centre which includes tennis and swimming. There is also a casino and cinema.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Book through owner, a 10% deposit is required and payment 2 weeks before arrival.
Changeover day Saturday though there is some flexibility.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The first impression of the villa is the stunning mountain views you have from many of the rooms as well as the swimming pool area. A favourite place is the sun terrace which is secluded and in the shade. There is a large dining table here or you can eat by the barbecue terrace. The villa is all on one level with the appartment lower down with a separate entrance and facilities. The drive through the main gate can accommodate several cars though originally this was designed as an area to play 'boule'. The garden is secure and private with sun bathing and shaded areas.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- recreation centre
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom in the main house has twin basin, large bath with shower heated towel rail and separate toilet. The apartment has shower enclosure basin and toilet.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed and built in wardrobe. Bedroom 2 with double bed and built in wardrobe. Bedroom 3 with 2 single beds and wardrobe. Apartment bedroom with 2 single beds and built-in wardrobe.
- Golf ...
- Outside: The villa includes a terrace outside the dining room, swimming pool with loungers and a built in barbecue gardens and ample parking. Utility Room: The utility area is within the garage and includes a washing machine. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included. The property is cleaned at changeover. Other: The apartment has twin beds, shower room, and lounge / dining room including kitchen.