4 bedrooms(2 ensuite), private pool, veranda, olive grove, mountain and sea view
Note: Many reviews on Tripadvisor. Simply in 'Find' enter 'Villa Estia' and in 'Near' enter 'Makry-Gialos, Greece'.
Villa Estia is a magnificent architect designed home, surrounded by the stark beauty of Cretan mountains with views of a warm and inviting sea.
Comfortable Estia nestles in landscaped gardens and a maturing olive tree grove, far enough from neighbouring properties to leave you in a private, calm world of your own.
Your family and friends can unwind by the pool or soak up the sun on comfortable sunbeds before cooling off in the shaded seating areas. At the end of a great day, eat a relaxed meal cooked to perfection on the open-air barbecue or dine more formally inside where there is still plenty of space for the family to spread – your choice on a warm Cretan night.
The villa includes a modern, well equipped kitchen (including 2 dishwashers), washing machine, TV, music system, Wi-Fi (with internet access) and hot and cold air conditioning throughout. There is a full range of patio furnishings available.
Just a 15 minute walk to the nearest sea and a five minute drive to the tavernas, bars, shops and safe family friendly beaches of Makrygialos.
The villa is managed by Lagada Management Company (LMC) with English, German, French and Greek speakers available. LMC is only 2 minutes away and there is someone available during most waking hours. A LMC representative will meet you, give you the keys and show you round the property.
A car is essential but you can manage with taxis to/from Makrygialos
The villa has a Greek EOT License - 1040K92003097501.
Many Reviews on TripAdvisor - put in 'Villa Estia', Makry-Gialos, Crete!
About the Owner
Martin & Sue Pearce live in Yorkshire.
We have two grown up children - one is a teacher in an independent school, the other is a Chartered Civil Engineer. We have one grandson and one granddaughter.
Sue is a retired physiotherapist and Martin is a retired Consultant Civil Engineer.
sue.pearce purchased this villa in 2009
Why sue.pearce chose Lassithi
The ability to relax and focus on the family in luxurious surroundings away from the world and yet easily join the hustle and bustle when you want to.
What makes this villa unique
This area of Crete, with its friendly and laid back people, has its own 'micro-climate' (SE Crete has more sunshine hours than any other part of Europe) and is famous for its jaw dropping scenery, stunning beaches, wonderful weather, olives and locally produced wine. It is less bustling and noisy than the north of the island yet still with plenty of things for an active family to do.
From the Owner
“The ability to relax and focus on the family in luxurious surroundings away from the world and yet easily join the hustle and bustle when you want to.”
Activity and Interests
The nearest beach is approximately ten minutes walk away, down hill. This beach has no facilities at present. A five minute drive into Makrigialos enables you to access the beautiful sheltered blue flag beach and bay of the town itself. Tavernas and bars are located adjacent to the beach and provide sunbeds and showers in addition to welcome refreshments.
The nearest airport is Sitia which is being enlarged & developed. Currently it takes regular flights from Athens and as of April 2012 will be taking direct flights from Amsterdam.
Most airlines use Heraklion Airport which is approximately 90 minutes drive away.
The use of a car or motor bike is strongly recommended if staying at Villa Estia.
Makrigialos is the nearest town and is approximately 3 Kms away.
Ierpetra & Sitia are approximately 30 mins drive away - both towns offering a greater range of shops, bars and restaurants.
This is a tourist spot that is hardly touched by the package holiday trade as the aim is to protect the local culture and prevent large scale development. It is unpretentious, charming and close to nature with a special 'feel'. There are only a couple of large hotels in Makrigialos.
Some of the best weather in the whole of Europe is in this area due to its own micro-climate. Beaches are unspoiled. Take a drive round the nearby coast. There is a seemingly never ending succession of beautiful secluded bays and coves. Drive up into the mountains to see breath taking views of deserted sandy beaches with crystal clear water.
Situated on the south east coast of Crete, Makrigialos is only 30 minutes from the local working towns of Ierapatra (south east coast) and Sitea (north west coast).
Some of the best beaches in Crete all gently lapped by crystal clear waters of the Mediterranean sea.
A mountain range runs West to East across the island which shelters the south coast and provides this fantastic climate - possibly the best in the Med.
Makrigialos produces the best olive oil and has a very high specific gravity and is treasured by restaurants worldwide. The local produce is all of the highest quality and is available in all local restaurants, particularly lamb, fish, chicken, fruit, feta cheese, vegetables, wine and the world famous olive oil.
Makrigialos is surrounded by thousands of acres of raw, majestic, Cretan countryside and mountains.
On your doorstep:
Diaskari Beach - very quiet.
Pervolakia Gorge - scenic walk with smells of the herbs.
Mona Kapsa Monastery.
Dragons Cave - 2 km east along the coast road, looking back towards Makrigialos and the mountain backdrop.
Diaskari Taverna - on the waters edge, shaded by trees with wonderful simple fresh food.
Porphyra - Great Greek Meze and traditional Cretan food.
Remains of a Roman villa and the Minoan Villa is within easy walking distance from the village.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
23 Apr 2017 - 26 May 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
27 May 2017 - 14 Jul 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
15 Jul 2017 - 8 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
9 Sep 2017 - 4 Nov 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£600|
Booking Notes: Please note that the rental includes mid-stay cleaning only if two weeks or more are booked i.e. cleaning and linen/towel change after one week. If a mid-stay mid-week clean is required then this is to be arranged and paid for locally.
No preferred change over day. Arrival is not before 15.00hrs and departure should be by 10.00hrs. This can be negotiated to suit flight times.
Long stays e.g. 2,3 or 6 months are available. The price of which is negotiable.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
From the Owner
“This area of Crete, with its friendly and laid back people, has its own 'micro-climate' (SE Crete has more sunshine hours than any other part of Europe) and is famous for its jaw dropping scenery, stunning beaches, wonderful weather, olives and locally produced wine. It is less bustling and noisy than the north of the island yet still with plenty of things for an active family to do.”
- Away From It All
- Air Conditioning ...
- Fireplace ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Toaster ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Satellite / Cable
- Television ...
- Toys ...
- Video Games ...
- Video Library ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- near the sea
- naturist beach
- bird watching
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- pier fishing
- bay fishing
- surf fishing
- water skiing
- water tubing
- 200 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Large en-suite fully tiled bathroom.
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Large en-suite fully tiled bathroom.
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Large fully tiled bathroom.
- Toilet 1 - Toilet, Downstairs bathroom.
- Master en-suite with twin basins, WC & large shower. Second en-suite with basin, WC & large shower. House 'wet-room' with level access shower, WC & basin. Downstairs cloakroom - WC & basin. Note: there are no baths in this villa.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed, Room for a cot.
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Large Double Bed, Room for a cot.
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed, These are bunk beds - but suitable for adults.
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8/10 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bed 1 - King size bed with en-suite bathroom & private balcony with seating. Bed 2 - King size bed with en-suite bathroom & private balcony with seating. Bed 3 - Twin bedroom with shared balcony and seating. Note: an additional bed can be provided in this room i.e. mattress or cushions on the floor. Bed 4 - Bunk-bed room with shared balcony and seating. Note: an additional bed can be provided in this room i.e. mattress or cushions on the floor. Living Room - Large Sofa-bed (privacy screens are available). Cots are available.
- Balcony ...
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
- Veranda ...
- Water Sports Gear ...
- Max. occupancy: 10
- smoking allowed ...
- pets considered ...
- Events Allowed
- children welcome ...
- Notes on accommodation: The villa provides a very high standard of accommodation suitable for families or groups of friends. It has hot and cold air-conditioning throughout thus suitable for cooler times of year. Relaxation, either in doors or out is provided for by comfortable indoor and outdoor soft seating. Dining too can be either in an indoors or outdoors. The very well equipped kitchen will enable the cooks to produce mouth watering feasts using local ingredients or the same local produce can be cooked outside on the large stone BBQ. The villa is not overlooked and has views to the sea and the mountains. The pool terrace provides opportunity to relax in the sun, whilst those who prefer shade can relax on the veranda. A large corner of the garden has outdoor sofa's and tables enjoying views of Lagada Ridge and the sea. Each bedroom has access to balconies (private to main bedrooms) with more seating and tables. Recommend no more than 8 adults. Outside: Pool is 7m x 5m x1.6m and is accessed by either steel ladder steps of two shallow steps in the shallow end. The pool is not heated but is warm in the summer months. It is cleaned and checked every two days by maintenance staff. The surrounding tiled area is all non-slip, with garden on the periphery. Eight sun loungers are provided along with cushioned seating for up to a dozen people. A number of large sun parasols are also provided for shade around the pool. There is also an ten seater marble table with a wooden pergola to provide shade for this dining area. The adjacent BBQ has its own work area i.e. lighting, sink and water supply. Utility Room: Storage cupboards, work surface, washing machine, clothes airer, clothes basket, ironing board & iron. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen and towels are provided and will be changed after seven days. Additionalyl pool towels are provided for use outside. A mid week clean & linen change is not included but can be arranged at extra cost - paid locally. Other: Dining area with oak dining table and eight matching chairs with leather upholstered seats. 'Family area' - with three sofas and a sofa bed, two occasional tables & bean bags. Two highs chairs and two cots with bedding are available.