Villa in Le Garn, Nr. Bagnols-sur-Ceze, Gard, Languedoc-Roussillon - Peaceful Location In Delightful Village 15 Minutes From The Gorges D'ardeche
Please see our reviews on tripadvisor - highest rated property in the region. 5**
Situated between the Ardeche and the Ceze valley, La Tourelle sits in a tiny quaint French village 30 minutes west of Avignon. If you're tempted by the thought of relaxing on the private terrace, wine in hand with the BBQ sizzling away, then this is the perfect place for you to enjoy your holiday. La Tourelle boast three double bedrooms (one en-suite), large family bathroom and a modern open plan kitchen, dining room and lounge. In the garden you will find a 10x4 metre private swimming pool.
About the Owner
La Tourelle is jointly owned by Rob Searle, Max and Fiona Eddy. We are all professionals who live in the Wimbledon area of London.
Guestbook comments from the manager
We had a great holiday. The villa was clean, comfortable and well equipped. It was also spacious with plenty of room for the 6 of us (2 adults and 4 kids). The pool was lovely and our children really enjoyed it. It is very peaceful there and we had a relaxing time. The area was stunning, with some amazing scenery and lots of interesting historical features, not too far away. It is a great place for exploring. There are lots of things to see and do and some great walks. It is well situated for a 'quiet get away from it' holiday but there are also lots of things to try such as cannoeing and places to visit. We would definitely go back again.
La Tourelle had the right balance of luxury and simplicity. Loved the open living space downstairs and the good size pool and furniture. The setting was peaceful and idyllic. Excellent value for money!
From the Owner
“We found the plot of land La Tourelle is built on in 2007 whilst visiting Robs aunty and uncle in Verfieul which is a 40min drive from Le Garn. We fell in Love with the village and everything moved very quickly from there. We love Le Garn for its tranquility and scenery. We only wish we could live there all year round!”
Activity and Interests
There are several airports to choose from.
Distances by car:
Avignon - 40 mins.
Nimes - 1 hr.
Montpellier - 1hr mins.
Marseille - 1hr 30 mins.
Eurostar/TGV from London to Avignon.
Car hire is essential.
Within easy driving distance are the cities of Avignon, Arles and Nîmes, as well as Aigues Mortes, the Camargue and the Mediterranean coast. Not to be missed more locally are the Cèze and Ardèche Valleys, the Pont du Gard and the beautiful medieval towns of Aigueze and Uzès.
The area itself is beautiful. The Ardeche itself is famous for canoeing - it’s an adventurer’s paradise. There are local markets, villages to explore, wine tasting around the Cote du Rhone and much more.
Le Garn is visited by the local boulangerie every morning apart from Sundays. A local butcher also visits on thursday mornings.
Pont-St-Esprit is 20 mins away and boast a large selection of supermarkets.
The nearest restaurants are 4km away.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 30 Apr 2017
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£300|
Please contact owner.
Changeover day is on Saturday.
Arrival time is from 4pm onwards.
Departure time before 10am.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Events Allowed
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome ...
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- winery tours
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Family bathroom with bath. Bedroom 1 en-suite. Downstairs wc.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot, Bunk beds x 2 - sleeps 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8+ (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with King size bed + ensuite Bedroom 2 with King size bed. Bedroom 3 with two full size adult bunk beds (4 x beds). All bedrooms are large with wordrobes, etc...
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Outside: La Tourelle boasts a large terrace with outside table and chairs, barbecue and pergola. The private pool is Kidney bean shaped and is 10m x 4m and 1.5m in depth. The pool has built in stairs that also create a seat effect. Around the pool are 4 loungers and a small table and chairs. The garden has a a children's play area with swings. Utility Room: A full range of childern's equiptment - stair gates, car seat, pushchair, high chairs, etc.. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: La Tourelle is cleaned the morning before your arrival. Towels and linen are provided and changed again on your departure.