Villa in Roquetaillade, Nr. Limoux, Langudoc-Roussillon, France - The Location Is Very Private And Peaceful And Offers Lots Of Nice Walks
We are delighted to welcome you to our second home situated on the edge of the village of Roquetaillade near the famous festival town of Limoux The villa was constructed in the eighties and offers bright and airy accommodation, with a mixture of modern and antique furniture. The villa has double gates to the front with private gardens. Security lighting surrounds the back and front of the villa. The swimming pool is at the rear of the villa and can be accessed by steps which lead up to the pool.The pool has underwater night floodlighting. There is also a water jet current device fitted at the top of the pool, great for keeping fit! Sun loungers, tables, chairs and parasols are provided. There is a small outside summer kitchen attached to the side of the villa with barbecue and double sink with work surface and a gravelled area, ideal for eating outside.
About the Owner
Nick and Suzette. We moved to France in 2006 and are now full time residents in the South of France. We bought this villa in 2009 and because we loved it so much, we then made it out main residence. We travel between England and France for business purposes and sometimes stay at our flat in the south coast of England during the summer season, or tour around the Aude region of France.
We first experienced France in 2004 when we purchased a chalet near the 'Black mountains' in the 'Aude' region of the south of France. We spent our holidays there and also summer let the chalet when it was vacant.
From the Owner
“We bought this property in this area because of the fantastic location. Its near the airport (Carcassonne) which is about 35 mins drive. You have the famous festivel town of Limoux (10mins drive) and the old city of Carcassonne with its famous medieval castle & shops. There are plenty of things to do & experience & the region with its many cultures caters for all ages & tastes! Also we situated near the Spanish border so a trip to Spain and of course Barcelona is possible! The Pyrenees mountains are also nearby,so even going for a ski is possible.”
Activity and Interests
The nearest beech and seaside result is the town of Narbonne which has a beautiful unspoilt beach. This is about one and a half hrs drive away from the villa by motorway.
The nearest airport is Caracassonne airport which is about 35 mins drive from the villa. Ryanair offers budget flights from many airports in the U.K. directly to Carcassonne airport. ( about 1 1/2 hrs flying time approx ) Car hire companies are situated next door to the airport offer competitive car hire deals.
A car is recommended if you wish to go sightseeing. Other airports are Toulouse and Perpingnan airports, which are a bit further away.
The very lively festival town of Limoux is situated about 10 mins drive from the villa & has many cafes,restaurants,bars & places of interest. There are also many supermarkets,banks & post offices situated in Limoux. Carcassonne is about 35 mins drive from the villa & has the only fully ( almost) restored medieval castle in the world ( one of the many places of interest you must visit) in fact it now has world heritage status. The castle has medieval shops situated inside the castle walls.
Carcassonne itself is a very large town and has many shops and places of interest to visit. The Aude region of France ( we think ) is a very beautiful part of France,very diverse in its culture and its slow pace of life,an ideal holiday destination! There is a small shop in the village of Roquetaillade which sells groceries & beer.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Jun 2017 - 31 Aug 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
Reservations: Are confirmed by a non-returnable deposit of 25% when you book your holiday. Full payment is requested 6 weeks prior to your date of arrival. There is a 200 pounds cash deposit due on arrival which will be refunded at departure. If your booking date is within the 6 week period,payment in full at the time of reservation will be requested. Method of payment can be made by cheque (sterling) or by direct bank transfer if you wish. Restrictions: no smoking or animals.
Is normally Saturday, but we can be flexible if necessary. During the peak or high season the min booking time is 1 week and the max booking time is 2 weeks. Arrival time is 4 pm and departure time is 10 am.
25% due on booking accommodation and the balance paid 6 weeks prior to arrival. All monies paid by direct bank transfer.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The villa itself offers complete privacy and is situated just on the edge of the village of Roquetaillade, ideal for a quiet, relaxing holiday if you wish.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- live theatre
- naturist beach
- recreation centre
- water parks
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- gambling casinos
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- freshwater fishing
- golf pass optional
- mountain biking
- roller blading
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- The villa has a bathroom and also a separate shower room. The bathroom has a bath/shower over, hand basin and WC. The shower room has a large shower area, hand basin and WC.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: The villa has a master bedroom with king size double bed with double patio doors leading to a patio (front of villa). The second bedroom has a double bed (rear of villa) and the third bedroom has 2 single beds (rear of villa).
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The villa is very comfortably furnished throughout with good quality fixtures and fittings. The kitchen has double patio doors, which lead to a raised patio area. Also the master bedroom has double doors, which lead to a patio. Outside: The villa has a private swimming pool with a large terrace & offers complete privacy. The size is: 10m x 4m with steps going down & has good views of the surrounding countryside,ideal for sunbathing! The night flood lighting is great for those midnight swims. Outdoor furniture is provided. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen: All bedlinen, bath towels, hand towels and pool towels are provided. Other: Large hall/study with telephone and broadband internet access. Summer lounge: double patio doors lead from the lounge to the summer lounge. Pine breakfast room table and six chairs. Summer 2 seater and 2 single summer chairs.C.D player & electric barby.