Villa in la Garde Freinet, Nr. St. Tropez, Cote D'Azur - Peaceful Secluded Countryside Location, Very Close To The Village Shops Bars And Restaurants
A newly built modern one bedroom cottage. Set in private and secluded grounds. Wonderful views of the village of La Garde Freinet. Peaceful sun-lounging from early morning till well in to the evening by the private swimming pool with relaxing gardens, sun terraces and bbq area with ample room for alfresco dining. This accommodation offers affordable luxury in an ideal position close to all amenities but also secluded from other tourists situated in its own extensive grounds with ample car parking. Within easy access of the village shops bars and restaurants, twice weekly market and close to St Tropez with its exciting night life and beautiful beaches only about 20kms away. There are many golf clubs close by and it is also great for walking/ hiking holidays. We also have 2 double rooms available within the main villa for any extra guests that you may have. These rooms share bathroom facilities between them but cooking facilities are shared with the cottage. Each room is £80 per night.
Top Traveller Review
A 'find' in The MidiA 'find' in The Midi
Hope to see you both back very soon.
Best wishes to you and Kitty.
Jo and Lenny
About the Owner
(1 traveller reviews)
A 'find' in The Midi
We hugely enjoyed our week in this cottage just outside La Garde Freinet - literally a 7 minute walk away. The cottage is very well-equipped, spacious and comfortable. Although the owners live next door and use the pool, they are extremely welcoming and are careful to create some seclusion around the lovely pool. We used it as a base for touring the area and would entirely agree that it is a great place from which to explore this beautiful region of France. The village of LGF is delightful and has enough shops to keep you supplied with all the basics and provide a range of dining alternatives. We hope to return soon. If you are looking for a good value, comfortable, welcoming base from which to explore Le Midi, look no further.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
There are some fantastic walks in the area for the ardent hiker and for the strollers, up to the cross, which can be seen from the viller is a very popular walk, from where you can see the village and the surrounding area, the scenery is breathtaking.
The sun drenched beaches of st. Tropez is just 20 kms away - there are many coastline beaches to enjoy with delightful restaurants and bars.
Toulon airport is probably the nearest to fly in to being about 45 minutes drive away it is also a lovely small airport. Nice airport is about 1 hour 20 and Marseille is about 1 hour 30. If you are not too keen on flying you can get the train in to les arcs which is only about a 15 minute drive away. If you want to sight see you will need a car but if you are content to live the village life yu may not need to hire a car as we are well within walking distance of the village.
The village of la Garde Freinet is a 7 minute walk away, for me, I walk there almost every day. Grimauld is about an 8 minute drive and Cogolin is about a 10 minute drive, St. Tropez is about 20kms from la Garde Freinet.
The owners of the villa will be on hand to give you information on restaurants, bars, shops, banks, opening times, places of interest and anything you need to know about, we can also make recommendations on places to eat or visit that we have experienced.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Booking by phone or email. You can pay either by on-line banking or by sending a cheque. I take 50% deposit on booking and 50% 4 weeks prior to your arrival I will be there to great you when you arrive, make sure you get settled in, give you your keys and show you where things are. A deposit of 250euros is taken to cover any damages that may occur, redeemable on departure.
If you would like to book between November 2013 and next April prices are on request by email.
Change over day is Saturday, please arrive between 3-6 and vacate by 10am.
We take care of all the cottage laundry but would appreciate that you leave the property in the same condition as you find it.
Notes on prices:
Prices include cottage. There are 2 rooms on the ground floor of the main villa which can be rented to accommodate any extra guests you may have at a price of £80 per room per night. There are shower and toilet facilities to accommodate these rooms but cookiing facilities will be shared with the guests in the cottage.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower cubicle, loo and sink just next door to the bedroom.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2
- Bedroom 1
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 2 (1 Bedroom) Notes on bedrooms: The bedroom is a nice sized room, with a high beamed ceiling, door leading out on to the patio and swimming pool area, there is a bedside table, chest of drawers, wardrobe and a double bed, the toilet and shower room is just next door to the bedroom.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: This accommodation offers a very private location with ample parking within easy access to the village of la Garde Frienet, close to the villages of Grimauld, Cogolin and St. Tropez. Outside: Beautiful terrace for sunbathing, dining al fresco reading or what ever you fancy. There is a swimming pool of 5x 8.5 which is not heated but the sun gets it to about 24 degrees in the summer so it is a lovely temperature. There are plenty of sun loungers and easy chairs, a large dining table and bench chairs under a marque and various seating areas around the grounds of the villa, there is also a BBQ. The swimming pool and gardens are secluded, so you will enjoy privacy, peace and tranquility. For those who wish to smoke there is a designated smoking area out side, but to comply with French laws and the no smoking ban now in place, smoking inside the villa or cottage is strictly forbidden. Utility Room: Washing machine, iron and board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included, changed on a weekly basis, the cottage is also cleaned on a weekly basis.