Apartment in Villamartin, Orihuela. Costa Blanca South. Spain - Very Quiet, Not Over Looked, Less Than 1 Min Walk To Pool And 5 Min Drive To Lovely Beaches
Our lovely air conditioned apartment is a 2 bed, 2 bath (one ensuite), ground floor apartment with large private garden. The accommodation is 76 sq metres and the garden is 110 sq metres. Accessed via own private entrance door, car parking is right outside the property. The entrance hall leads to a well equipped open plan lounge dining area, with kitchen and utility areas off of it. Via a small lobby, you access the two bedroom and main bathroom. From the lounge you lead directly to a fully covered terrace, then down a few steps to the garden area. Located towards the end of a cul-de-sac, the location is very quiet and as the garden overlooks a lemon grove, it is very private and secluded! The garden has the sun all day and is surrounded by a 3 feet high wall for safety. The lovely pool is less than 1 minute walk away and is accessed using key only and is used by only about 12 other properties and so it remains very quiet and almost private at times!
Top Traveller Review
Great apartment in quiet area.
About the Owner
We are Stuart and Haley Cook, living in Hertfordshire, England and have owned our Spanish property from new - 2003. Stuart owns a small Architectural Practice in Welwyn Garden City, specialising in Home Extension Designs - HED. Haley works as an administrator for Home Extension Designs. We have two children - Kari 21 and David 19. Both us and the family often visit Spain and stay at our lovely apartment, to enjoy both the weather and tranquility of its location.
Guestbook comments from the owner
At our apartment, there is a guest comments book, full of lovely comments, so please complete before you vacate - thank you.
5 based on 1 holidaymaker reviews
Great apartment in quiet area.
The apartment is great with all you need. The street is very quiet with a lovely communal pool within a minutes walk along the street. We had the pool all to ourselves the majority of the time, however when there was another family there they were very friendly. The Dial Prix supermarket and the square which has plenty of bars and restarants was only a 10 - 15 minute walk. We also hired the car which I would highly recommend as there is plenty of places to visit such as Campoamor beach, this has just about every water sport and more, Playa Flamenca has some great bars and also hosts bingo at some, Villa Martin plaza is also great for people of all ages. I would highly recommend Helly's cafe in the square for breakfast and Cheswick's cafe across the road from Villa Martin plaza, great value for money. Shakira's Indian restaurant was fab as was Fa Li Du Chinese restaurant which are both situated in the near by square.
From the Owner
“We wanted a location which has great weather and which could be visited all year round. Spain fits that bill perfectly, with about 360 days a year of sunshine !! With four Championship golf courses on our doorstep, its even better !! The apartment is set towards the end of a quiet cul-de-sac and we therefore felt it was perfect for family holidays - quiet, safe and with hardly any passing traffic ! It is also located only 80m from the pool, which is shared between a few other properties. The garden is a good size and is not over looked - fabulous !!”
Activity and Interests
There are many beautiful beaches within a 10 minute drive! Our nearest, at la zenia, is superb and is only a 5 minute drive away! The beach has a lovely restaurant alongside and in peak season, a great beach bar, serving drinks and snacks - open to well after midnight during summer! There is a large kids play rope frame, beach volley ball nets and toilets. There are sun-loungers and parasols for hire.
Murcia airport (Luton Ryan air )l is a 20 minute drive south and Alicante (Luton or Stansted easy jet ) is 40 minutes north. We can arrange airport runs if you do not wish to hire a car - please ask for rates. Car hire is available at both airports.
Main large town of Torrevieja is a 10 minute car drive. Alicante is a 40 minute drive. Cartagena is about one hours drive, as is the main city of Murcia. Elche zoo is about 40 minute drive.
A water park is located at nearby Torrevieja and go karting is a 5 minute drive on the n332 towards Torrevieja on left side of road. Golf, horse riding, scuba diving and therapeutic salt mud bathing are also nearby. Our favourite restaurants are located at he nearby La Fuenta commercial centre, which is about a 15-20 minute walk along the canal.
- Booking Notes:
We require a £100 non-refundable deposit to confirm your booking, plus a £100 refundable security deposit with full payment eight weeks before your holiday. Deposit refunded after inspection of property after you vacate. A 50 euro cleaning/linen change charge is payable to our managers at time of arrival. Air conditioning is available for a fee of 30 euros per week.
If available, change over days can be flexible, to allow you to choose best flight options.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“We enjoy a very quiet time at our apartment, yet we are close to two or three Commercial Centres, which have a great variety of shops, bars and restaurants. These are located between 10 and 30 minutes walk away - perfect for a cool late evening walk! With the pool being close, the children can safely walk the 80m on one path without crossing the road, so again, it is very safe and convenient!”
- Air Conditioning ...
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Car Available
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Main bathroom with full size bath / shower over, WC, bidet and basin set in to a large vanity unit. En-suite with large walk in shower, WC, bidet and basin set in large vanity unit. Both have large well lit mirrors and heaters.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4/6 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with king size bed, large built-in wardrobe and two bedside draw units. Mirror, shelf and ceiling fan. Bedroom 2 with 2 single beds. Large built in wardrobe and draw unit. Mirror, shelf and ceiling fan.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Our English speaking managers, will meet you at the property, to show you around and answer any questions. Cot and high chair can be provided, at extra cost -please ask for details. The air-conditioning cost is an additional 30 euros per week. A safe is also available for use, free of charge. The manager’s telephone number will be given to you, in case you have any problems or questions. They will also ask for the 50 euro cleaning/linen change charge and leave a set of keys with you. Outside: Large terrace with table and four chairs, leads down a few steps, to large 110sq metre walled garden. This over looks lemon grove and is quiet and private. A parasol and a few beach toys are available in outside storage unit. Garden has a large palm tree and shrub borders - remainder laid grass. Utility Room: Adjacent to the kitchen, this area has washing machine, iron and ironing board, plus other cleaning utensils. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: On arrival, the apartment will have been cleaned and prepared for you. Freshly made beds and clean towels will be left out (except beach towels). Tea, coffee, sugar, milk, water, bread, butter, jam and juice can be arranged at an extra cost. Other: Hall area - coat, shoe and storage area.