Farmhouse in St Front, Aquitaine / Lot et Garonne France - Peaceful Location, Situated On A Hill Over Looking The Lemance Valley
The farmhouse, and three further separate en suite chambres, are situated around the pretty, private courtyard. The Farmhouse has a newly refurbished, fully fitted kitchen/diner featuring all amenities. The kitchen opens up to a large patio/bbq area. Steps from the patio lead to the pool. From the kitchen, stairs lead up to the living space with its high vaulted and beamed ceiling. The living room features TV/DVD and hi fi. The large bathroom looks out across the valley and features a 4 piece suite. Stairs from the living room lead to the double mezzanine bedroom area. The three separate double en suite chambres set around the courtyard are all newly refurbished with high quality fittings. The exclusive solar heated 12mx5m pool with heated shower overlooks the valley. Adjacent to the pool is a further al fresco, shaded dining area. The orchard yields cherry, plum, peach, apple and pear, all to be enjoyed.
About the Owner
I have owned Ferouailles for six years now and have rented to some wonderful people during that time. I live in an adjacent barn with my own pool and dog Scotty.
He is extremely friendly but if you don't like dogs, he won't bother you. You may see as much or as little of us as you choose. There is exclusive use of the Courtyard, pool and surrounding buildings. I am available to help with any queries and to assist with recommendations for activities in the local region. I can organise chefs to cook, and an excellent beauty and holistic therapist, who offers a variety of treatments, to visit for the day. The information and prices are available in the Farmhouse. Where we are situated, you can make as much noise, or be as quiet as you wish!
Please visit our website for more info.
Guestbook comments from the manager
From the Owner
“Ferouailles once belonged to a friend of many years. I visited for many years and fell in love with the location. High on a hill with magnificent views and total privacy, it was always a welcome break from a hectic business I ran in the UK. I watched Ferouailles develop with its two swimming pools and refurbsihed Farmhouse. Then came the barn where I now live. Since 2006 I have developed the remaining outside barns, into 3 double en-suites, and the project is complete. The area has been a favourite of mine for many years as it is steeped in history. I feel extremely blessed to have been able to buy the property with its land, and am looking forward to many more years here.”
Activity and Interests
The nearest airport is Bergerac approximately one hour from Ferouailles. Car hire is essential for our region. Driving from Calais via the Euro tunnel is approximately 11 hours
The nearest village Sauveterre is a five minute drive down the hill and has an organic butcher, boulangerie, chemist, bar and two minimarkets selling fresh fruit and vegetables, cheeses and household goods. Major supermarkets are a 15 minute drive to the local town of Fumel. Some places of interest are detailed on our website. We have information of events and local interests supplied in the Farmhouse.
Local leisure interests such as quad-biking, fishing, golf, tennis, cycling, boat trips are all detailed in the information booklet in the farmhouse.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£356|
Our booking form is available on our website. Payment is in Euros and we can supply bank details for this purpose. This information is private and we will supply this if relevant. We require your deposit of 30% together with the booking form within 7 days (this is a non-refundable deposit) and the balance is due six weeks prior to arrival at the property.
Changeovers can be flexible should the property be available. Arrival time 4pm and departure time 10am. If there are difficulties with this we will accommodate as best we can.
Payments can be made by bank transfer or PayPal.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Above all peace and tranquility, with a taste of genuine French rural life. The property is designed to provide both great communal space, and privacy from each other, if and when required. The town of Sauveterre, 5 minutes drive, offers an organic butcher, boulangerie, chemist, general store and bar. Large supermarkets are just 20 minutes away. A 10 minute drive takes you to the famous Bonaguil castle, with three restaurants situated there.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- pets considered
- autumn foliage
- theme parks
- water parks
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- The farmhouse bathroom features a bath, WC and bidet. 3 x en-suites each have showers, WC and sinks. Central heating is available during the winter months.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Double bedroom with en-suite. 3 double en suites, each in separate buildings located around the courtyard. A double can be converted to twins. These rooms are newly refurbished, and al feature well fitted showers and WC.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Outside: The swimming pool is totally private and is solar heated. There is a solar heated shower to the side of the pool. The pool is cleaned every morning. There are adequate sun-beds and tables for the pool. There are tables and chairs for both the dining terrace off the kitchen and the pool dining terrace. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Beds will be made on arrival. Additional bed-linen can be supplied for a two or more week booking. Additionally we supply bath and hand towels and pool towels. These are included in the rental price. Other: Three bedrooms centred around the courtyard each have a seating area and are equipped with wardrobes and chest of drawers.