House in Bridport, Dorset, England, UK - Peaceful Location, Easy Reach Of The Jurassic Coast And The Vibrant Town Of Bridport
4 star quality accommodation. Now with free WiFi. A fully equipped house, used by us and our family. Master bedroom with en-suite, also a twin bedded room, a single room with bunk beds and a family shower room. Kitchen/diner, lounge, conservatory and ground floor cloakroom. Rear garden with patio and garden furniture. Off road parking for two cars. Full central heating, gas and electric inclusive as are linen and towels, high chair and travel cot available. Walking distance from restaurants, pubs, coffee bars, cinema/entertainment venue, arts centre and the buzzing bridport market, the second saturday of each month featuring the famous farmers market. (we have selected a changeover day of friday so guests can enjoy these markets). Well established family run shops thrive on the high street alongside the modern supermarkets. There are many beaches to chose from within a few minutes’ drive, the nearest beach being west bay just over 1 mile away.
Top Traveller Review
perfect home from home
About the Owner
Now retired, enjoying life and keeping our hand in with the tourism business following running a successful B&B a few years ago.
We have spent the last 6 months decorating and revamping the house, and have redesigned the garden for us and our guests to enjoy.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"Another relaxing time, took no time to settle in, thanks for making our time so pleasurable" G, Co Durham
"We had a lovely time, everything we needed, a great holiday house" D&A, Bucks
"Nice tidy accommodation, good location" C, Nottingham
"Lovely holiday, lovely house" G, E Yorks
"We have been so comfortable, will come and stay again" H, Kent
"Very comfortable and clean house, ideal location to town and seaside, everything we needed for a lovely holiday. Would recommend" R&J Kings Norton
"A very relaxing house and a wonderful place Bridport is, everything you need and all on the doorstep" L&R B'ham
"This is a fantastic place to stay with small children, and the most comfortable and well equipped holiday rental we've had yet" S&P London
"I would recommend your house to anyone" C Derby
"Wonderfully clean & tidy home in a delightful little town" M Sussex
"Spotlessly clean, an excellent location" S Surrey
"All is well organised and cared for" G Oxford
1 holidaymaker review
perfect home from home
My partner and I came down to Dorset with my parents for the weekend, when we arrived at Bills house we were so impressed with everything, it looks exactly like the pictures advertised, very clean, the house is equipped with everything you need for a comfortable stay, The owners were brilliant, we booked our stay with them over the phone, very friendly, and the correspondence came through quickly. It is an ideal place to stay in Dorset, just off Bridport high street and a mile up the road from the beautiful West Bay, and not far from Weymouth and Portland Bill, which I highly recommend a visit. I recommend this property to anyone planning a visit to Dorset.
From the Owner
“Dorset, the Jurassic coast and Bridport in particular is a beautiful part of the country and we love to spend time relaxing and enjoying the many facilities it has to offer, with our children and now our grandchildren. The garden is ideal for our grandchildren to play safely whilst we take it easy, or we can all walk to Buckydoo Sq. on a Saturday to be part of the hustle and bustle.”
Activity and Interests
Nearest beach - West Bay 2.88km - by car 5 mins or can be walked along footpaths across the fields or the disused railway track in 30 - 40 mins.
West Bay also has a picturesque fishing harbour with cafes and bars. Boats can be hired to go sea fishing or fish from the beach.
Hive beach is a little further at Burton Bradstock and has ample parking (charges apply) with a beach cafe/icecream parlour.
Other Jurassic beaches include Charmouth, Seatown, and Lyme Regis all ideal for fossil hunting.
By road: A35 Bridport town centre.
By rail: nearest Axminmster 21km alternative Dorchester.
By air: nearest Exeter 56km alternative Bournemouth.
By ferry: nearest Weymouth 36km.
Bridport Town 0.3km.
Castles and Houses: Sherbourne castle, Portland castle, Forde Abbey (SE of Chard) Athelhampton House (east of Dorchester).
Gardens: Bennets water garden (Chickerell), Abbottsbury sub tropical garden, Animal parks/sanctuary : Abbottsbury swannery, Sea life (Weymouth), Kingston Maurward (Dorchester), Monkey world (Nr Wool).
Museum: Tutankhamun exhibition, Terracotta warriors, Teddy bear and Dinosaur museum (Dorchester), Bovington tank museum, Tolpuddle martyrs museum (Nr Dorchester).
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
21 Oct 2016 - 27 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
28 Oct 2016 - 15 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Christmas & New Year
16 Dec 2016 - 5 Jan 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
SHORT BREAKS ARE AVAILABLE (Excluding all school holiday periods), subject to availability on calendar. Minimum of three nights with full payment on booking. Please contact owner for details.
All bookings subject to the terms and conditions of a normal booking contract. Holiday reservation accepted with 1/3 deposit. Balance due 6 weeks before arrival. Last minute bookings discounts available 14days before holiday date. For "last minutes bookings" payment in full required with booking. Payments accepted by Cheque or Bank transfer.
Change over day Friday.We would recommend a Friday to Friday holiday if you wish to take full advantage of the Bridport Saturday market but we will try and dovetail other holiday start/end dates wherever possible.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Bills-House is close enough to the sea to make beach holidays a pleasure and being so close to the town centre makes shopping possible without the car. Having independent butchers, bakers and greengrocers takes us back to a 1960's shopping experience and is almost a holiday in itself. An evening stroll gives us so much choice from a variety of restaurants we have yet to sample them all, [although we do have our favourites].”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite: shower, WC, handbasin. Family shower room: shower, WC, handbasin. Ground floor cloakroom: WC, handbasin. A baby bath with stand is also available.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - double aspect room with double bed and en-suite. Bedroom 2 - 3ft twin beds can be pushed together to make king size bed. Bedroom 3 - 2ft 6ins bunk beds full size but ideal for children Travel cot with mattress available (bring own bedding)
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Suitable for 3 generations of a family or couples holidaying together, ideal for children. Free WiFi internet access. There are two off road parking spaces: 1 to the front of the property and 1 to the rear in front of the garage.(sorry garage is not available to guests) No pets, no smoking. Should you require it for toddlers there is a lightweight travel safety gate available. Hair dryers in bedrooms 1 and 2. Radio alarms in bedroom 1 and 2. There are two (desk top) electric fans. Lockable utility cupboard, useful for beach/fishing/walking equipment etc. Outside: The front garden is laid to lawn and shrubs, with one parking space. The side gate leads to the walled rear garden with a paved patio, gravel and flower beds. The rear gate leads to the second parking space. There is a garden table with 6 chairs and a swing seat. There is also a bike shelter for 2 or 3 bikes. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Duvets, linen, towels and tea towels provided. (please bring own beach towels). Bookings of two weeks or more linen and towels changed on a weekly basis - mid holiday house cleaning can be arranged if required. Other: Conservatory - cane upholstered 3 piece suite - roof and window blinds. Sliding patio doors to walled garden. Selection of toys for toddlers.