Villa in Benidoleig, near Denia and Javea, Costa Blanca
If space, tranquility, breathtaking views, high quality contemporary accommodation, alfresco dining and a large swimming pool are high on your wish list, then this is for you. Nestled cosily on a south-facing hillside with panoramic views over rolling countryside, the Mediterranean and Montgo - the 2,400 ft mountain and local landmark that rises majestically to the south, colours ever changing depending on the sun’s orientation - the setting is magnificent. To eat alfresco beneath the Indonesian style “naya” having grilled delicious fresh prawns (for which the local town of Denia is renowned), sardines, lamb chops, steaks, pork…the list is endless, on the gas barbecue a few feet away - gazing across the pool and out over Marina Alta, sipping from a glass of vino tinto or blanco day or night (with the subtly placed and soft lighting), has to be experienced to be believed. It is memorizing, troubles and worries evaporate. Space is very generous both inside and out.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
The Villa was everything we could have hoped for and more. To relax in the beautiful surroundings with a glass of sangria and the children playing in the pool looking over the magnificent views was the icing on the cake to a truly lovely holiday. The McCoull family August 2012.
"I just wanted to write a quick note to say how much we all enjoyed staying at your villa last week - the weather was wonderful, and the accommodation fabulous - a true holiday retreat!" Georgina - June 2012
“Our second year in this beautiful villa and another fantastic holiday. Sitting under the naya in the evening, over freshly barbecued, locally caught fish and prawns is idyllic. We all love the pool including our two kids – who often didn't even want to leave the villa to go to the beach or a day out. The villa is so spacious that it’s easy to avoid getting on top of each other and cool enough for those who need to shade from the fabulous sun. Everything you need is here and there are gorgeous beaches.
Activity and Interests
The beach resorts of Denia and Javea are only 15-20 minutes drive away. Javea is charming with exceptionally clean beautiful soft sand. This is an ideal beach for children having volley ball nets and a children's play area. There is an excellent choice of restaurants lining the beach front providing a wonderful day for all the family. Denia boasts the largest beach in the area. There are watersports and a great choice of restaurants and bars, cobbled streets and 12th Century castle.
Both Alicante and Valencia airports are very accessible being a little over 1 hour's easy drive away. Extensive car hire facilities are available at both. Car hire is recommended.
There is a private club-house 500 metres from the villa with a communal tennis court and bar which serves both snacks and full meals.
Benidoleig, 5 minutes drive, has a range of bars and all the usual facilities usually found in a Spanish village including - bank, bakery, small supermarket, post office etc.
If a more significant selection is required then, 10 minutes drive away, there is the new La Marina shopping centre with over 100 shops an Eroski Hypermarket and a 10-screen cinema.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£300|
On booking a non-returnable deposit is payable equivalent to 30% of the total cost. The outstanding amount is due 8 weeks prior to the start of your holiday. A security fee of £300 is also payable which will be refunded within 2 weeks from departure subject to satisfactory property inspection. This is to cover any damage to the property or its contents/fixture and fittings.
We have no fixed changeover day and, depending on availability, we are flexible.
Notes on prices:
NB: Prices may be subject to change. Prices for Christmas/New Year on application.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 with marble finishes, WHB, curved glazed corner shower and WC. Bathroom 2 with marble finishes, WHB, bath and shower. Both are finished to a very high standard contemporary finish and have independent water heaters (located in the under-build)
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed, two glazed doors opening to large terrace and swimming pool. Bedroom 2 with double bed and fabulous curved windows with great views. Bedroom 3 with 2 single beds. Bedroom 4 with 2 single beds. All bedrooms have fitted wardrobes
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Superbly modernised throughout and designer finished to the highest specification. The accommodation is very spacious. The large bright lounge has two 3-seat sofas and a contemporary wood-burner. All four bedrooms have matching fitted beech wardrobes and colour coordinated bed covers and curtains. There is a travel cot available. The bathroom and shower room are stunning. The kitchen is fully fitted with a granite worktop. All ceiling lighting is brushed metal recessed fittings with dimmers. In 2011 we added added: flat-screen TV, DVD, Sky HD Box, WiFi, Bosch dishwasher and microwave. In 2012 we redecorated internally and externally, improved the pool area, terrace and gardens, replaced duvets, lines, towels and replaced and added to kitchen cutlery, crockery and glasses. The property is fully air-conditioned and heated by an independent electric slim-line panel heater system. There is also a contemporary wood-burner for those cooler but cosy nights in during the winter months. Outside: Outside, and to the front of the property, the focus is the large 10 x 5 metre private pool, the huge terrace, and the covered Indonesian style "naya" for alfresco dining: breakfast, lunch and dinner – all are equally enjoyable but very different experiences – breakfast on coffee and fresh bread bought from Benidoleig and soak up the morning sun, perhaps a fresh snack for lunch and tranquil evenings under the stars eating straight from the barbecue, the under-side of the naya’s roof softly but sufficiently lit to allow for intimate dining is a rewarding experience. All features are orientated to take maximum advantage of the views with Montgo ever-present in the background. There are sun loungers, outside dining seating for 8 with dining table and a gas fired BBQ. To the rear are very pretty terraced Mediterranean style gardens, parking for 2 vehicles and a further pebbled and planted garden area. The plot is some 1,000 sq m all in. Utility Room: The utility room is below the kitchen and used as a store for terrace furniture and pool accessories. There is a washing machine. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and towels are included. If the stay is for longer than 1 week, the linen will be changed with prior arrangement. There is a "meet and greet" service and a welcome pack is also available.