Cottage Nr. Port Isaac / Polzeath, Cornwall, England
Set overlooking the ocean on a winding private track you will find this amazing, totally secluded holiday retreat. The photos will speak for themselves, showing Lower Hendra Cottage to be somewhat different from a run of the mill holiday home. With an instant wow factor the house has often been referred to as quirky, individual and non conventional. Driftwood replaces Formica, Carabiners replace curtain hooks and slate replaces porcelain. There is an incredible feeling of space and light here, with 20 out of a total of 22 windows having a sea view, including the one by the bath. If you want to walk to the beach this place isn't for you but if you want to come home to an amazing house in complete seclusion with stunning sea views, it is. You can be as loud or as quiet as you want here with no one to disturb you. Whether it is tea on the deck after a day on the beach or drinks on the terrace with the sun going down over the ocean, the only thing you can do is relax.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
2 holidaymaker reviews
We received a very warm welcome from David and the house is imaginatively and beautifully crafted, with wonderful views out of every window. It is very well set up for guests. There is a steep climb down to a small cove, but otherwise lifeguarded beaches are 15 minutes away. The location means uninterrupted views and beautiful sunsets, but also that it can be windy! But a very happy family week with 9 of us staying. Thank you.
A very relaxing time
After a very hard year we were all looking forward to a relaxing break and boy did this place deliver !.
The views are stunning not to mention the Sun sets .
The owner is a very genuine caring and considerate person whose only intention is that you have a very pleasant stay in his house, he leaves you details of local restaurants and lovely quiet seaside coves.
Padstow and Newquay, Bodmin and Tintagel are all close by .
You will not be disappointed if you book a holiday here
Activity and Interests
Polzeath 15 minutes drive. Trebarwith Strand 10 minutes drive. Daymer Bay 15 minutes drive. Widemouth Bay 25 minutes drive.
Newquay Airport 10 miles (Gatwick, Newquay and Stanstead, Newquay).
Car Hire available at Airport.
Bodmin Parkway Train Station 25 minutes by car.
Port Isaac 2 miles.
Polzeath 5 Miles.
Rock 7 Miles.
The house is exceptionally well located for touring Cornwall & North Devon and is within 1/2 hour of all the finest gardens and beaches.
- Booking Notes:
There is a phone number and email contact on the homepage.
Notes on prices:
Please contact owner. Off season and short week prices possible depending on availability.
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- 1st floor bathroom: bath with ocean view, shower over bath, large sink. 1st floor separate W.C. Ground floor separate W.C. Ground floor shower.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1: kingsize double, ocean view, balcony, vaulted ceiling. bedroom 2: kingsize double, ocean view. bedroom 3: twin. bedroom 4: single, ocean view. bedroom 5: bunkbeds and single.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: High chairs and cots will be provided at no additional cost if guests have babies. Please let us know when you book how many you require. Outside: Front and rear gardens laid out to grass. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All bedding is provided, egyptian cotton linen. Towels are not provided. Linen is changed weekly. Other: Lockable storeroom for surfboards, prams, golf clubs etc.