Villa in Thones, Nr Annecy, La Clusaz & Le Grand Bornand, H. Savoie / Rhone-Alps, France - Rural Location Ideal For Skiing In Winter/Cycling, Hiking, Swimming,Paraglyding, Sailing In Summer
Beautiful country villa near Annecy, La Clusaz & Grand Bornand, with an open fire place. It is a 20 minute drive to the ski stations of La Clusaz & Le Grand Bornand & equally a 20 minute drive to the medieval city of Annecy & its Pristine Lake. This spacious house (110m) offers a family/ group of friends luxury accommodation, secure garden for children, barbeque & balcony looking out over Mt Sulens valley & The Aravis Mountain Chain, while listening to the sound of cow bells. This villa is ideal for both summer & winter holiday. In winter, the open fireplace makes for cosy evenings. The ski stations are excellent, all levels, with lifts, ski schools, ski hire etc. The summer offers walking, cycling, sailing, swimming, tennis, horse riding paraglyding & climbing. This is a peaceful, mountain, country location, wildlife is in abundance & is ideal for nature enthusiasts. The villa is only a 5 minute drive from Thones. Thones is the capilal of Reblochon and Chevroton A picturesque town of 8,000 people has a weekly market, tennis , swimming pool , adventure park ,horse riding ,supermarket, banks, cafes,bars, a church and & lots of shops. and , the not to be missed, Museum of La Morette.
Top Traveller Review
Lovely welcoming chalet in great location
The mountain "La Tournette"can be climbed easily and one can stay in the refuge , which is about half way up,have your dinner, sleep overnight and head off after breakfast. The views are breathtaking !
Walking into Thones is difficult on the main road There is an ancient route which is less difficult in terms of traffic however there is one part that is very steep. I will highlight this route in the welcome pack for future holiday makers.
About the Owner
(3 traveller reviews)
Lovely welcoming chalet in great location
The chalet is furnished very prettily, with a new kitchen and good quality furniture and kitchen equipment. Very clean and fresh. The chalet gets the morning sun and you can watch the mist rising across the valley...Thones is a really nice little place only 5 minutes' drive away, with restaurants, supermarket etc. It has its own cheese-selling co-operative, complete with 24-hour milk-dispensing machine (really!). Location-wise, the chalet is near the bottom of the mountain named 'La Tournette'. There are some super walks around and the chalet owners have left lots of walking books for perusal. The only downside we found was that it is not possible to walk into Thones safely as the main road is a bit narrow and winding. We had a beautiful herd of Alpine cattle in the next-door field!
A spacious house in a beautiful, peaceful location
We had a lovely family holiday. Everyone from Grandparents to young children had plenty to enjoy. There were lots of fun activities in Thones from Adventure Parks to pony riding, and swimming in Lake Annecy was heaven ! The weather was perfect. We'd love to come again and really recommend the house and the surrounding area for a great holiday. The house had two bathrooms and a double garage which was a real bonus. Somewhere to keep bicycles, and enough parking for two cars.
A superbly equipped property in a great location
This property was perfect for our group of 5 (3 adults and 2 children) for our Summer break. It was superbly equipped, in a great location with stunning views. It was close to the local town, which had great restaurants, and a short drive to Lake Annecy for the beaches. Although the French-based agent didn't always respond as quickly as we would have liked, Jean was always contactable and responded to our queries really quickly. We would certainly recommend this property for anyone looking to explore the Annecy area.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The 2013 Tour de France will be passing close by and The Trial around Lake Annecy will be just a short drive / cycle away from the Villa. The area has 2 paraglyding schools, fantastic climbing, walking and mountaineering locally , guides available. Alpine flora and fauna guided walks also available. .
Lake Annecy is a 20 minutes drive from the villa. It has pristine water for swimming, sailing and canoeing (boats available for hire). Safe swimming areas for children, deeper pools and diving facilities. The lake provides a beautiful setting for cycling, walking and picnicking.Paragliding over the lake is very popular and there are 2 paragliding schools along the lake.
The nearest airport is Geneva International Airport. It is a 40 minute drive from the villa. It is recommended to hire a car from the airport.
Annecy has a small airport which is 25 minutes away.
The TGV arrives at Annecy, which is 20 minutes drive from the villa, from where it is recommended you hire a car.
The villa is 5 minutes drive from the town of Thones, with a well run swimming pool, tennis club , hores riding & Adventure Park.
It is 20 minutes drive from the beautiful medieval town of Annecy. Annecy has everything you could wish for including a cycle path along the shores of the lake, & many top class restaurents.
The 1000 year old Chateau of Menthon- St Bernard, looking down on lake is 15 mins away.
Talloirs, a beautiful lake side village with restaurents, shops & events, 20 mins.
Excellent facilities in the local town of Thones, supermarket, banks, post office, tourist office, restaurants, outdoor heated swimming pool, horse riding, adventure centre, cinema & tennis.There is a market every Saturday morning. This is a great area for cycling and mountaineering & for the less fit, hicking . Excellent guides , maps and information available from the tourist office in Thones. Lake Annecy has swimming, sailing, walks and a cycle track. Paraglyding is very popular in the area and there are 2 schools locally.Along the Annecy lakeshore are many restaurants of all standards, plus the famous" Marc Veyrat "and "Pere Bise" Michelin star restaurants.
Sorry, no pets no matter how lovely and well behaved!
Additional pricing information
|End of stay cleaning||£69|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£649|
Saturday is the preferred changeover day but this is flexible. Arrival and departure times are also flexible.
Notes on prices:
The prices are as follows;
Low Season 900 Euros per week
Mid Season 1150 Euros per week
High Season 1400 Euros per week
The chalet is available throughout the year.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Fireplace ...
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Hob ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- recreation centre
- water parks
- bird watching
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- ice skating
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- ski lift pass
- water skiing
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom upstairs with bath, shower, sink & wc. Bathroom downstairs with power shower ,sink & wc.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6(3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed. Bedroom 2 with twin beds. ( can be made into a double) Bedroom 3 with twin beds.(can be made into a double )
- Boat ...
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Tennis ...
- Notes on accommodation: This , stunning, 3 bedroom house, has a large living room with a beautiful open fireplace. 2 comfortable sofas,& armchair.Large dining area and a well designed kitchen.Upstairs there are 3 bedrooms. 1 double & 2 twins. (which can be double beds as required) 2 bathrooms, 1 with a bath, shower,sink & wc. The 2nd with a power shower, wc and sink. The bedrooms have plenty of hanging space,& drawers for your clothes & personal items. Outside there is a large balcony (equipped with a table and chairs for 8 people) garden with a barbecue area which gives the house lots of extra space for eating outdoors in summer. Large secure garage with room for ski, bike , sailing equipment etc. Outside: Private, secure garden with balcony, barbecue area and garden furniture, tables, chairs and sun - loungers. The balcony provides stunning views of the Val Sulens valley and the Aravis mountain chain.In the summer months you have the added pleasure of the sound of cow bells through the valley. The night sky, in both summer and winter, are a wonder to behold due to the lack of light pollution. Utility Room: Washing machine and dryer. Large freezer. There is a big garage with room for skis, boots, bikes,raquets , sailing equipment etc. And car parking ! Cleaning / Towels / Linen . Other: Spacious balcony with large table and chairs (seating 8) for delightful outdoor dining.