Trullo near Ostuni, Brindisi, Puglia - Spacious Living, Spectacular Views, Superb Infinity Pool, Satellite TV, Aircon & Wifi Near Ostuni
Situated at the top of a winding track, Trullo Alto has wonderful views of the countryside yet is within easy reach of the beautiful towns of Ostuni, Cisternino and Ceglie Messapica, and just a short drive away from the coast. It has three double bedrooms, one twin bedroom and three bathrooms, one of which is en-suite so it can comfortably accommodate a large family or group. The large living/dining room and well-equipped kitchen means that there's plenty of lounging space inside, plus a hectare of land around it and a roof terrace with gorgeous views gives lots of options for catching the rays and star gazing. The new 10x5m infinity pool is wonderful with a large terrace around it and shady al-fresco dining. The house is furnished simply and it has so much space that two families or a large group can comfortably holiday together. There are two wood-burners for cooler months so it has appeal for rental outside of the summer holiday season.
About the Owner
We fell in love with Puglia as soon as we came here - the landscapes, the towns, the coast, the food and the people all make it a very special place.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We stayed for two weeks in Trullo Alto which is a lovely villa set on a hillside deep in the beautiful Puglian countryside. The villa was well set up for everything we needed, with a terrific pool and patio and was only 2 mins from a local store or 10 mins from a small town like Ostuni or Cisternino. It is well placed between various great sights and also close to the coast. We were completely taken with Puglia on our first visit to the area; its Trulli (cone shaped houses) and the lovely rural countryside. This is still a part of Italy which has not been overwhelmed by tourism (outside some of the towns like Alborabello which, while amazing, was also a tourist nightmare). Fantastic food, good weather consistently in July (30-37 degrees every day). Overall a great destination, area and super villa.
3 based on 1 holidaymaker reviews
zwembad goed, binnen is het huis erg verouderd
We waren de eerste week van mei met 8 personen (5 volwassenen en 3 kinderen). De locatie is mooi. Lekker afgelegen maar wel weer redelijk dicht bij Ostuni en Martina Franca. Het zwembad is prima. Mooi aangelegd met heerlijke ligbedden. Het huis binnen is echter erg verouderd. De badkamer op de foto is wel recent opgeknapt, maar de ruimte is zo klein dat de slaapkamer nat wordt al je doucht. De andere badkamers zijn uit de jaren 70, erg klein, onhandig ingericht en allemaal erg verouderd (de douchekraan had je opeens in je hand). De slaapkamers zijn ook klein. Dit geldt tot slot ook voor de bedden (1,90). Mijn voeten lagen steeds buiten het matras. Matras was tevens erg hard. Keuken is prima. Van alle gemakken voorzien. Woonkamer ook prima. Alleen niet gezellig. Zeker in april is dat jammer omdat de avonden koud zijn en je dus binnen moet zitten. Ook jammer was dat de buitentafel en stoelen van plastic waren. Ook dit maakt het niet gezellig. Al met al is het een mooie plek en prima huis. We vonden het echter te duur voor wat je kreeg. De foto's gaven ook geen eerlijk beeld van het huis (binnen). De gastvrouw Andrea was wel top. Heel hulpvaardig. De paar kleine opstart problemen loste ze direct op.
From the Owner
“Trullo Alto, or The House on the Hill, is in a brilliant location for getting to all the pretty towns surrounding it and is also close to the sea. It's a big house so is great for large groups - there's plenty of space for everyone inside and out.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Activities including yoga, cooking, pottery, textile design and wine tours can all be arranged for guests
The Adriatic coast can be reached in about 20 minutes where there are miles of beaches to choose from. The Ionian coast is about 45 minutes drive away.
Brindisi airport is closest - around 45 minutes away, Bari airport is about 1.5 hours away. Naples airport is about a four hour drive and Rome about a six hour drive.
The stunning town of Ostuni is about 10 minutes' drive away, as is the gastronomically renowned Ceglie Messapica. The towns of Cisternino and Martina Franca are also within easy reach. There is a swimming pool within five minutes' drive and there are miles and miles of coastline to choose from.
Activities available include walking, cycling, pottery, yoga, shiatsu massage, and wine tours. There's a good golf course nearby, and boat trips and scuba diving can be booked. There's a big zoo/safari park/amusement park to entertain children, as well as playgrounds in every town.
Shops are generally open from 9am-1pm and then from 5-8:30pm Monday to Saturday. Banks are generally open Monday to Friday 8:30am-1pm and 3-3:45pm. Post Offices are usually open morning only Monday to Saturday.
It's hard to eat badly in Italy and there are restaurants everywhere as you would expect! Please note that pizza is generally served evenings only.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
1 Jul 2017 - 1 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A 10% deposit is required on booking and the balance payable nine weeks before the start of your holiday.
In the summer holiday season changeover day is Saturday, otherwise we can offer flexibility. Check-in is at 4pm and check-out by 10am.
Notes on prices:
Trullo Alto offers two price bands and flexible booking outside the months of July and August:
- For up to four guests the villa costs £1,400 per week.
- For 5+ guests the villa costs £1,800 per week.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Events Allowed
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- There are three bathrooms, one of which is en-suite to a bedroom, one is downstairs and one upstairs. All the bathrooms have a loo, basin, bidet and shower.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: There are three double bedrooms and one twin room, one is on the ground floor and the others are upstairs. One of the bedrooms has a small en-suite shower room. A cot is available.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The shallow end of the swimming pool is 120cm deep so guests with children should be aware that little ones will be out of their depth. Outside: The beautiful infinity pool is 10x5m with the shallow end starting at a depth of 120cm. The water is treated using a salination system with the addition of some chlorine. At the front of the pool is a shaded area with table and chairs for al-fresco dining. There are plenty of sunbeds and swimming towels are provided. The house is surrounded by rocky Mediterranean land and great views of the countryside surrounding it. Utility Room: There's a large garage/utility room to the side of the house with a washing machine and plenty of logs for the wood burning stoves. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included and changed weekly. Other: The TV room has satellite TV and a dvd player