Farmhouse near Mielan, Gers, Midi-Pyrenees - Peaceful location. 5 minutes drive to nearest village for shops and 10 minutes to Mielan
Burgues is an 18th century farmhouse covered with grape vines set in 3 acres. It has a magnificent view towards the Pyrenees from the south-facing covered back terrace which is a great sun-trap and a perfect place for barbecues as the sun goes down along the mountains. The walled and paved courtyard has an alarmed swimming pool 11m x 5m and a covered barn wing for summer shade. Inside the converted barn is a full-size antique snooker table as well as a dartboard. The mezzanine lounge with colombage screen has comfortable seating and TV, DVD etc. Outside, under the barn, there is a basketball ring, table tennis equipment as well as petanque boules and a badminton set. There is an orchard stocked with kiwi, fig, plum, pear, cherry, apple and pear trees. Also a pond and a disused protected well.
About the Owner
My late husband and I bought Burgues in 1999 as a holiday home for our young family. We spent many years travelling around France before deciding on Gascony - for us it had everything we wanted - rugby, skiing and hours and hours of sunshine, as well as the excellent food and Armagnac! Over the years I'm delighted to say that all our visitors have thoroughly enjoyed the peaceful tranquility of the area and have returned home refreshed and relaxed. I hope you'll feel the same.
Activity and Interests
St Jean de Luz is 2 hours drive with a superb sandy, child-safe beach. Biarritz are 2 hours drive and well worth a day trip.The Rhune mountain (905m) with its funicular railway takes you the top in 30 minutes with a wonderful view over into Spain.
Lourdes airport is 30 minutes drive.
Pau is 45minutes drive.
Toulouse is 90 minutes drive.
Biarritz airport is 2 hours drive
The farmhouse overlooks Montegut sur Arros. Villecomtal sur Arros is 5 minutes drive for all shops and the Rive Droite restaurant. Mielan is 10 mins drive as is Rabastens de Bigorre. Vic en Bigorre is 20 minutes drive. Tarbes is 20 minutes away and Lourdes is 30 minutes. Auch, the capital of Gascony is 45 minutes drive with its magnificent cathedral - beautiful stained glass windows and amazing carved choir stalls.
The International Jazz Festival in Marciac (15 mins drive north) takes place every August and is the 2nd largest of its kind in Europe. Mirande hosts the Country Music festival every July.
Trie sur Baise hosts the Pig Snorting competition (Pourcailhade) in August and is a whole day devoted to the pig - including a huge hog roast.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Initial booking by phone/email at which point a booking form and invoice will be sent. 25% deposit and refundable security deposit of £200 per week is payable at the time of booking and the balance is due 8 weeks prior to commencement of holiday.. The full amount becomes due if the booking is made within 8 weeks from the start of the holiday.
CHANGEOVER DAY IS SATURDAY
Saturday changeover. You can access the farmhouse from 4 pm on the day of arrival and you must vacate the farmhouse by 10am on the day of departure.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Toilet 2 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite to bedroom 1 with shower, wc + bidet Large shower room upstairs Separate wc upstairs Bathroom downstairs with bath + bidet Separate wc downstairs
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 12 + baby (6 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - double bed + en suite shower room - overlooks pool Bedroom 2 - double bed + cot + twin aspect windows Bedroom 3 - double bed - overlooks pool Bedroom 4 - double bed Bedroom 5 - 3 single beds Bedroom 6 - 1 single bed
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: Thick walls and shutters to the front make the house refreshingly cool in the Gascony hot summers. Outside: Alarmed swimming pool 11metres x 5metres with sun loungers and parasols. Plenty of outdoor tables and chairs. Patio outside kitchen and dining room is perfect for breakfast. Covered barn provides shade all day. South-facing covered patio is ideal for evening barbecues and watching the birds migrating over the mountains. The lawn is ideal for playing badminton and there is a floodlight for those late night matches ! 3 acres of land including orchard, pond, and surrounding field. Plenty of room for parking on the drive and at the side of the farmhouse. Utility Room: 2 washing machines, iron and ironing board, hoover etc. Wine cave has an extra fridge/freezer and tumble drier as well as storage space for all games equipment. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Changeover day (Saturday) cleaners prepare the house for the new visitors. Towels and linen included Other: Converted barn has full-size antique snooker table, dartboard, tables and chairs. Upstairs there are comfortable sofas, coffee tables, TV, DVD, oak bookcases along one wall full of books, games, maps etc.