Apartment in Nice, Alpes Maritimes, Provence Alpes Cote D'Azur, France - With 2 Terraces And Plenty Of Character, Just 2 Mins Walk From The Port And Seafront In Nice.
Located on the top floor of a 2-storey 1900s townhouse, this home away from home sits in a peaceful cul-de-sac by the Port of Nice, perfect for resting and relaxing whilst enjoying all the advantages of downtown living less than 5 minutes walk from the seafront. Staying here feels much more like living in a house than an apartment.
AND YOU CAN SUPPORT A GOOD CAUSE! We donate 20 euros for every week booked in 2012 to Cambodian charity Krousar Thmey.
The Port area is Nice’s unsung treasure and we have lots to recommend for your stay in our favourite neighbourhood: dozens of excellent restaurants including the Michelin starred Ane Rouge; swimming and snorkelling at Coco Beach; coastal footpath to idyllic Villefranche-sur-Mer; scuba diving; the Italian architecture and outdoor cafés of Place Garibaldi, the entrance to Old Nice within 10 minutes walk; MaNolan’s Irish pub. Buses to Nice airport and Monaco 2 blocks away. 12 minutes walk to Riquier train station. 10 minutes to the tram.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Your landlords (that's us!): He’s French, she’s Scottish, this was our beloved home for 8 years until we moved to Singapore. Now we are pleased to share this special place with you and make it your home away from home on the French Riviera.
Suzanne & Jean-Francois Roy
Guestbook comments from the manager
Just back from a very relaxing and enjoyable holiday which was made easy to book by the prompt and helpful responses from Suzanne. The apartment is secure and in a quiet area and has everything required. It is spacious and airy and the ceiling fans in the bedrooms are wonderful as is the rain shower in the bathroom. Nancy is lovely and very patient and helpful. We have visited Nice many times but this was our first in this flat and will hopefully be back next year, thank you both.
1 holidaymaker review
The property was as described, very comfortable and very well situated for wining, dining and relaxing in Nice. The holiday exceeded expectations and we would love to return. The croissants from the local bakery gave us a good start to every day, and there were about 6 places to choose to eat at within 100 yards, plus many more a street away overlooking the port.
From the Owner
“After living in a 5th floor apartment with no lift in noisy central Nice, we wanted peace and quiet whilst still enjoying all the convenience of living downtown. After 10 years living within 5 minutes walk of the sea (she in Nice and he in Miami), we could not contemplate anything further inland. The Port is perfect – it has the blue Mediterranean Sea on its doorstep, all the character of this former Italian city, and our cul-de-sac has none of the crowds of the old town and no noisy traffic. It’s a real community (and the croissants are the best in town!).”
Activity and Interests
5 minutes walk to Nice’s best kept secret: the bijou beaches and rocky inlets east of the port, and the scenic coastal footpath to idyllic Villefranche-sur-Mer. Swimming, snorkelling, scuba diving and sailing all on your doorstep. Stroll around the port to the Chateau hill for breathtaking panoramic views then down to Old Nice for a sunset aperitif.
Car not essential. 20 mins drive from Nice airport. 40 mins with the airport bus (stops 2 blocks away).
30 mins drive to the Italian border. 3 hrs to Cinque Terre and Portofino. 1h30 to ski resorts, national park & wolf reserve. Ferries to Corsica on your doorstep. 30 mins drive to Saint Paul de Vence. Buses to Villefranche, Eze, Monaco, Menton and the airport at the Port. 12 mins walk to Riquier train station for trains to Cannes, Grasse, Monaco, Marseille, Paris. 10 mins walk to tram.
Old town 1.9km. Villefranche-sur-Mer 4km. Monaco 16km. Cannes 33km.
Saint Paul de Vence 21km. San Remo, Italy 55km. Ski resort (Isola 2000) 78km.
Over 30 scuba diving sites and dive certification with Nice Diving: boat leaves twice daily from the Port. Boat trips to the Iles de Lérins and Saint Tropez. 2 Vélo Bleu bicycle rental stations nearby. Car rental on the Port. Excellent local shops: bakery (La Perle d’Amour), fishmonger, organic butcher, grocer and deli next door. Supermarket 2 blocks away.
Our neighbourhood picks: Lac, ranked among the top 10 chocolatiers in France – not to be missed! Cave Rembrandt – wine seller, wine bar and typical French cuisine at reasonable prices. Local restaurants include French, Niçois, Italian, fish & seafood, vegetarian, sushi, Indian, Iranian, Irish, Lebanese, Moroccan and gourmet cuisine.
Place Garibaldi is 10 minutes walk away for more outdoor cafés and restaurants, ice cream parlours, modern art museum and English language cinema.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
Mid season 2016
3 Sep 2016 - 28 Oct 2016
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
Low season 2016
29 Oct 2016 - 22 Dec 2016
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
Xmas & NY 2016
23 Dec 2016 - 6 Jan 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
My Standard Rate
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
Changeover Day: Flexible.
Late arrival fee of 20 euros for guests checking in at the apartment after 9pm.
Notes on prices:
Please contact the owner for special requests. We strive to be flexible whenever this is feasible.
STAY FOR A CAUSE!! For every week booked, we donate 20 euros to the charity Krousar Thmey, a grassroots organisation in Cambodia supporting children in many ways, including access to free education and schools for deaf and blind children, both sorely needed in this beautiful country that deserves a brighter future.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“A haven of peace in downtown Nice, a stone's throw from the sea, a heavenly stroll or bike ride into Vieux Nice or Place Garibaldi, and that's if you even manage to leave the house! Frankly, between the sunny flowery balcony and the vast, shady terrace with hammock and dining table, and siesta time in the super king sized bed, why go anywhere else? In the 2003 heatwave, we lived on the terrace and did not suffer at all! We feel so privileged to own this home that we feel compelled to give something back. That’s why we donate 20 euros for every week booked to charity, so your booking can help provide Cambodian children with access to free education and schools for deaf and blind children. Your holiday can help secure their future.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
- children welcome
- non smoking only ...
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
- city centre
- near the sea
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- 80 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Two washbasins and a bath with rainshower.
- Large bathroom with double sink, bathtub and rain shower. Large window to private terrace. Separate WC.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, Or 2 single beds. Travel cot available.
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Large Double Bed, Child bed and travel cot available.
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4-5 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 has a super king size bed or two single beds; large closets; ceiling fan. Bedroom 2 has a queen size bed (160cm); ceiling fan and desk for starting that long awaited novel you’ll feel inspired to write here! Spare single bed & cot available.
- Balcony ...
- Terrace ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Private entrance: leave a pushchair or bicycle safely on the ground floor. Parking can be arranged. Cool in summer: This house was built in the 1900s using traditional Mediterranean techniques to keep it cool in the summer: external louvered wooden shutters can be partially or fully closed to keep out sun and heat, and the walls are insulated using local materials. With windows and French doors on the east, south and west sides of the apartment, you can always maintain a flow of air through the apartment to keep it cool. In addition, all bedroom windows are double glazed, and glass wool insulation in the attic keeps heat out in summer. The 15sq.m terrace is partially covered by the eaves of the house and enjoys a pleasant breeze, making it an ideal living space for the summer months. Outside: 15m2 terrace plus second balcony, both with plenty of room for dining. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linens included. Cleaning on departure included. Maid service on request for an additional fee. Other: Spacious 15m2 terrace equipped for al fresco dining. Ideal for a lazy afternoon in the hammock and a breath of fresh air even in the height of summer. Washing machine and clothes drying area. Wifi equipped.