Luxury Cottage in Lympstone, Devon, England - Beautiful Cottage In The Heart Of The Village Of Lympstone, Which Offers Uninterrupted Water Views
Immaculate home offers 3 bedrooms: 1 master double on the second floor, approached via cottage-style stairs, enjoying flatscreen TV, with a window seat, perfect to enjoy the uninterrupted estuary views. 1 further double with flatscreen TV and estuary views, 1 single bedroom that offers an additional guest bed (on request), both located on the first floor. Bathroom: located on the first floor, offering bath with shower over & WC, with an additional separate WC. Lounge/diner: boasting integrated cinema, projected to approx 6ft x 4ft, also enjoying wall mounted flatscreen TV with DVD and SkyTV, above original open wood fire, and offering over 60 DVD’s and also benefitting from another comfy window seat to watch the comings and goings up the slipway opposite. Kitchen: offers integrated appliances throughout with oven and gas hob, fridge/freezer, microwave, washing machine & dishwasher. Outside: Property offers enclosed rear courtyard with patio furniture, BBQ and room to store canoes. A £150 refundable damage deposit is chargeable with each stay.
About the Owner
About the owners: We live in England. Together we run a successful charity, so we have the privilege of being able to be based in both Staffordshire and Devon. We adore Devon so as soon as we arrive we feel instantly at home. As our home has water views, as soon as you open the window or doors you get the smell of the sweet sea air, and you instantly get that I'm on holiday 'feeling', it’s very special. Unique benefits of the property: It’s a 4* character filled, interior designed, luxuriously appointed house.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Guest 1: We love this house, We love Lympstone! Its the perfect place to relax...A sense of tradition, of timelessness. Richard & Sue.
Guest 2: The perfect seaside home! Stunning views, village life & a beautiful house. We'll be back! Hayley & Justin & Family.
Guest 3: We were lucky to find such a nice cottage with fantastic views across the river. We thought Lympstone was idyllic & a fantastic location for exploring places such as Branscomb, Beer & the local area. Chris & Amanda, Ingrid, Filip and William.
Guest 4: What a beautiful house in an idyllic village. We had a wonderful week and loved coming back to such a beautiful relaxing house. The village is so friendly - the local pubs are fabulous, and a full nights sleep every night. I wish we could stay here! Thankyou for everything, its really appreciated. Katie, Steve and Jan.
Guests 5 - This truly is a 5* house, total luxury & a real home away from home! The only problem....You never want to leave! Adelle & John.
From the Owner
“Our family relocated to the area, so our aspiration was always to own a 2nd home near them. We discovered Lympstone one afternoon, and instantly loved it (we call it an Enid Blyton Village as it’s so perfect). We then purchased our dream home there! Netherexe is in the heart of the village, directly opposite the slipway onto the water. The Post Office, Deli/Store & 3 pubs are all on the doorstep. Lympstone also has a harbour (where you can watch the boats sail for hour upon hour!), a garden centre, an exquisite church (the delightful sound of the church bells echo around the village), a children’s park, a bistro and of course rows of gorgeous cottages & grand houses. Lympstone is ideally located: 15 mins to Exeter, 5 mins to Exmouth, 10 mins to Topsham, 15 mins to Budleigh Salterton.”
Activity and Interests
The cottage sits directly opposite the Exe which has a lovely shoreline to walk along. Exmouth is located a 5 min drive away and this has a stunning beach. Budleigh Salterton is located a 15 min drive away, and again this has a wonderful beach which is famous for the many fossils you can find in the pepples and stones.
Exmouth - 5 Mins
Budleigh Salterton - 15 Mins
Dawlish - 30 Mins
Sidmouth - 50 Mins
Torquay - 35 Mins
Dartmouth - 60 Mins
Brixham - 50 Mins
Plymouth - 65 Mins
Exeter Airport is 25 Mins away. The Village has a railway station for those who wish to arrive or explore the area without the use of a car.
Lympstone is perfectly located between Topsham & Exmouth.
From Junction 30 of the M5 take the A376 towards Exmouth. Follow this road to the roundabout & turn right, continuing on the A376 towards Exmouth. Continue for approx 3 miles until you reach the traffic lights (with the Saddlers Arms Pub). Turn right into the village of Lympstone.
By Car: Exmouth, 5 mins. Exeter, 15 mins. Topsham, 10 mins. Budleigh Salterton, 15 mins. Torquay, 35 mins. Dartmouth, 60 mins. There are hundreds of tourist attractions and towns/villages to visit. Some of our favourites include: Darts Farm, 5 min drive - Local food, restaurant, home interiors and clothes. Powderham Castle - 25 min drive (can be seen from the house across the water). Crealy Adventure Park -15 mins - A great day out for all the family.
Paignton Zoo - 40 mins.
The village has a local deli/food store, which sells most essential items.
Tesco's is located in Exmouth (approximately 10 minutes drive), Sainsburys is located approx 20 minutes in Pinhoe, Exeter. M & S Food can be purchased at the Exeter Service Station or in Exeter City Centre (15 minutes). Most banks can be found in Exmouth, Exeter, Topsham and Budleigh Salterton. The Village Post Office also offers some banking services. Restaurants are a plenty. 4 in the village (at the pubs). Exeter is home to many famous restaurants (Incl: Michael Caines Michellin starred restaurant), as is Topsham.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
October Half Term
22 Oct 2016 - 28 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Autumn to Winter
29 Oct 2016 - 23 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Christmas and New Year
24 Dec 2016 - 6 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Bookings are made directly with the owners, after they have checked availability with their main holiday letting agent. Payment must be made at the time of booking and is non-refundable (so the owners recommend you take out holiday insurance). Netherexe is only available for select weeks in the year, so swift booking is recommended. If guests wish to book a 2nd holiday at the cottage within 12 months of a previous stay a 10% loyalty discount is offered (outside of main school holidays).
The main changeover day is Saturday; however mid week lets are available outside of main school holidays.
Notes on prices:
Payment must be made at the time of booking and are non-refundable.
The owners recommend you take out holiday insurance. Rates are set by the owner’s main holiday letting agent. Netherexe is only available for select weeks in the year, so swift booking is recommended. If guests wish to book a 2nd holiday at the cottage within 12 months of a previous stay a 10% loyalty discount is offered (outside of main school holidays).
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 0% refund for cancellations more than 0 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Netherexe is decorated to the highest of standards, with modern fabrics, plush furnishings & fabulous finishing touches. The traditional open fire place in the lounge is the perfect place to snuggle up with a loved one, or to read the Sunday papers in front of. 2 of the 3 bedrooms offer stunning water views, as does the lounge so you will never forget that you are staying in breathtaking surroundings. The house offers all the latest in technologies, with DVD players and flat screen TVs in each of the double bedrooms, and the lounge not only offers a large wall mounted flat screen TV (with Sky+), but also a 6ft x 4ft cinema (with a DVD library of over 50 films). Netherexe truly is the perfect Holiday Home.”
- children welcome
- limited accessibility
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Bathroom: located on the 1st floor, offering the latest in modern design with a shower/bath (with thermostatically controlled shower) and WC. The house also offers an additional separate WC and sink, also located on the 1st floor.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: 2 Double & 1 Single Rooms (+ Guest Bed) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1: Double Bed with Flatscreen TV and Freeview/DVD and Window Seat with Uninterupted water views, Bedroom 2: Double Bed with Flatscreen TV & Freeview/DVD, again with stunning views, Bedroom 3: Single Bed with pull out Guest Bed.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Lympstone (former winner of the ‘Devon Life’ village of the year) is situated between Topsham & Exmouth. The village centre has been designated as a conservation area due to its historic importance and outstanding natural beauty. Lympstone also benefits from a village railway station so guests can explore the local area without the reliance on the car. The property is also perfect for those wanting to explore on bikes, as the house sits on the edge of the cycle path that connects Lympstone to Exmouth. If you can tear yourself away from the immediate area, Netherexe is an ideal base from which to visit the wealth of local activities in either direction along the picturesque coastline. Road side parking is usually available within the village or within the village pay & display car park (£20 per week or £4 per day - correct at the time of advert going live). Free WiFi, Pets - 1 small dog accepted October - March Only, £50 pet fee + £100 (Refundable Damage Deposit) + Damage Agreement Outside: The Courtyard/Garden is a suntrap. A large dining table, 6 chairs & a parasol are positioned in the pride of place in this character filled walled garden. There is also a barbecue for those who enjoy alfresco dining. There is plenty of room for storing canoes & windsurfs for those who enjoy water sports. At the front of the cottage is the village Green, which is a small terraced area with a bench, where the locals come & sit to chat. Just over the slipway is a further patio area which has a picnic bench and several benches. This is the perfect place to sit & enjoy the stunning views of the Exe, Powderham Castle and the lovely harbour. Visitors & local residents can often be found here enjoying a bottle of wine whilst watching the breathtaking sunsets, which happen nightly. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All bedlinen and towels are included. The cottage is cleaned prior to your arrival. Midweek cleans are available on request (for an additional charge).