Villa in Montelparo, Le Marche, Italy - Very Peaceful Location, Close To Village, Beach 35 Minutes, Mountains 30 Minutes - Take Your Pick!
The house has a capacity for 10 people (two on an extendable sofa) plus a baby. It is a large, recently and sympathetically, restored farmhouse, 5 minutes drive down a country road from the historic town of Montelparo. The house sits on the north-eastern slopes, commanding spectacular views across the rolling hills supporting the many and varied medieval hill towns of the south-eastern Marche. The house retains many original features and is on 3 levels. The ground floor contains a large, well-equipped kitchen and dining area leading out to the garden. A large double bedroom, a second bedroom with 2 single beds and family bathroom are also on this floor. The 1st floor, also accessed by a separate outside stair, has an entrance hall leading to the spacious main living area with wood burning stove, a fully equipped kitchen, a large bedroom with double bed and a family bathroom. The 2nd floor has a large double bedroom with an en-suite bathroom and shower and a small office/dressing area.
Top Traveller Review
séjour au calme
About the Owner
1 holidaymaker review
séjour au calme
Sympathique villa au calme, magnifique vue depuis la piscine. La maison est très propre et très agréable. Le propriétaire et le gestionnaire sont très sérieux et font le nécessaire pour que votre séjour se passe pour le mieux. Il y a des petits producteurs locaux auprès desquels vous achetez des kilos de fruits et légumes pour pas grand chose. Séjour idéal en famille ou entre amis car la villa est isolée, c'est le calme absolu en pleine nature.
Activity and Interests
The closest beach is at Pedaso, approximately 35 minutes away, but the more popular beaches at Porto San Giorgio or Grottamare are reachable in roughly 45 minutes.
Flights are available to Ancona or Pescara airports via Ryanair from Stansted airport, these are the fastest– and almost certainly the cheapest – routes. Currently there is one mid morning flight a day to both Ancona and Pescara from Stansted. Montelparo is pretty much half way between these two airports and travel time by motorway is around 1 hour 20 minutes from either. Rome (Ciampino) and Bologna, both also with direct flights from Edinburgh are around 3 hours drive from the house.
The closest village, Montelparo, is around 1 km distant. Montalpero offers a taste of real Italy with Ascoli Piceno to the south and Macerata to the north and plenty more towns in between. There are mediaeval villages visible on almost every hilltop and all are deserving of a visit. The situation is ideal for those wishing to explore the region. Historic towns such as Assisi, Urbino and Perugia are 2-3 hours drive away through majestic scenery.
Montelparo has 2 supermarkets, an excellent butcher, 2 bars, a bank and a post office in addition to a number of other businesses. There are a large number of restaurants located in the villages local to Montelparo for which further information can be supplied on request. There are a number of wine and olive oil producers and distributors in the local area selling produce of a variety of qualities and prices - further information can be supplied on request.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
8 Oct 2016 - 31 Mar 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
We require a deposit of 25% of the rent on booking and the remainder within 8 weeks of the start date of the letting. This deposit is non refundable if cancellation takes place less than 8 weeks before arrival. There is a £300 breakage and cleaning deposit payable on booking - fully refundable if the property is left in the condition in which it was found. The cost of damages and telephone calls - if any, will be deducted from this charge and the remainder returned within 6 weeks.
Normally changeovers are on a Saturday but it may be possible to make alternative arrangements.
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Ground floor family bathroom with shower, sink and toilet. 1st floor family bathroom with shower, sink, bidet and toilet. Upper floor private suite with shower, sink and toilet. External shower adjacent to pool.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8/10 plus cot (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: A private upper floor suite with en-suite facilities, double bed and office/dressing space/sleeping space for a baby. Bedrooms 1 and 3 with twin beds adjacently located , bedroom 2 with separate twin beds. All bedrooms have wardrobes and storage space.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Outside: The garden, containing the private unheated pool measuring approximately 7 metres by 4, is bounded by the house and veranda on the western side, is shielded by a line of elder and fig trees on the northern side, open to the valley with unrestricted views on the north eastern side, is enclosed by fencing (with privacy mesh) on the southern side and a laurel (bay) hedge on the eastern side. There is ample space on the patio for the supplied loungers and patio furniture and the verandah has sufficient capacity for in excess of 12 persons dining alfresco. The verandah features an integral bbq and the kitchen is conveniently adjacent. A separate, elevated patio, with direct links to the kitchen is accessed from the garden or from the verandah and is exposed to the sun in the morning but shaded for the remainder of the day. Parking is available in 2 locations with one area - providing space for 2 cars - being shaded continuously beneath the Mulberry tree which gives the house its name. Utility Room: Utility room with central heating/hot water boiler, washing machine, iron and ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: House towels (not beach towels) and bedlinen are included. For guests staying longer than a week these can be changed and the house cleaned after one week (price on application). Other: Large shaded veranda with internal access from downstairs kitchen. Integral barbecue - access to second elevated patio affording open views to the east and extensive poolside area. Private parking in 2 areas.