Holiday Home in Falmouth, Cornwall, England - Beautiful Holiday Cottage In Falmouth
Wisteria Cottage has been completely renovated with full gas central heating, flag stone and slate floor, Oak flooring, original fireplaces and Georgian windows. Outside there is a beautiful walled garden with seating in the sun trapped south facing garden. It is located on the Fal Estuary with some views from the upstairs bedroom. Centrally located for all the visitor attractions in and around Falmouth with good selection of shops, pubs and restaurants.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
We have lived in Falmouth for 18 years after moving from London. We have been renovating the main house and now are moving onto the cottages attached. We have 3 children who have grown up enjoying all the water sports and activities. There are so many things you can do from walking along the natural coastline, to water sports, visiting gardens and galleries. There is always something going on Sailing regattas, oyster festivals, river festivals and art exhibitions and they are all through the year.
Guestbook comments from the owner
4.7 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
We have just returned from a fabulous week at Wisteria Cottage. A perfect cottage with everything we needed. Location is beautiful and just a short walk from the town. We didn't want to leave and would love to return sometime :-)
My dream home
Have just returned home after a glorious long weekend at Wisteria Cottage - what a find! A beautiful old cottage full of charm, with window seats to while away the time & all the mod cons to make life easy. The setting was perfect too; quaint entrance just off the sea front, so you feel like you're in a hidden paradise, but still get to enjoy the walk along the seafront into town. Can't wait to return.
Second visit to this property (10 years apart!) Just as lovely as we remembered, and the new bathroom and shower room are great.
Fabulous position for exploring Falmouth and getting further afield.
Hope it's not so long before we return!
Activity and Interests
Royal Cornwall Yacht Club 5 minutes by foot.
Prince of Wales Quay for trips on boats 10 minutes by foot.
Gyllyingvase Beach 30 minutes by foot, 10 minutes by car.
Newquay Airport 1 hour, Falmouth Town Railway 5 minutes by Taxi. Truro 10 miles. Lizard Point 19 miles. Land's End 34 miles.
Boat House pub 5 minutes walk. Greenbank hotel 5 minutes walk. Tesco metro 10 minutes walk. Marks and Spencers 10 minutes walk. Sainsburys 5 minutes by car.
Wisteria Cottage is situated in a quiet location along the Penryn River leading to Falmouth bay with the smell of the sea and sound of the gulls. It is only a short walk into the town where you will find the National Maritime Museum, Rich Steins fish and chips restaurant and various other restaurants and bars. If you proceed further you will come to Gillyingvase beach the main beach in Falmouth with it's modern beach restaurant.
The Cathedral city of Truro with its designer shops, museum, pavement cafes, bistros, restaurants, theatre and cinema is 10 miles. This area of Cornwall was famous for its copper and tine mines and there are various old mines which have guided tours down the mines and in the engine houses. These are now protected by The National Trust.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
Autumn half term
21 Oct 2016 - 27 Oct 2016
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
28 Oct 2016 - 22 Dec 2016
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
£200 per week deposit by cheque or in bank account will secure your holiday. The remainder to be paid 4 weeks before the holiday starts.
We do not accept pets
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Family bathroom, with two sinks on wood cabinet, shower cubicle and roll top bathroom, stripped pine floor. Downstairs shower room, cloakroom sink, wc and large shower cubicle, flag stone flooring.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6/8 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1, double pine bed and furniture, stripped wood floors, original fireplace, Georgian window. Bedroom 2, twin pine beds and furniture, wood floors, original fireplace, Georgian window. Bedroom 3, twin pine beds and furniture, stripped floor.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: No pets, parking on the street. Cot and High Chair can be provided upon request. No smoking. Outside: Georgian walled garden, with raised lawn and patio area, outdoor mosaic table and chairs on patio with barbecue. Two wicker chairs outside the lounge area. Additional table and chairs on the lawn. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are provided once a week. Other: Second reception room, radiator, Georgian window overlooking garden, oak flooring, double sofa bed. TV, games and books.