House in West Runton, North Norfolk, England - Peaceful Location, Active Village, Short Walk Across A Common To The Sea, 5 Mins From Golf Course
Moorway is a 3 bedroom detached house in its own garden in the village of West Runton in an area of outstanding beauty of North Norfolk, a short walk to the sea, a Shire horse centre and golf course. It has front, side and back gardens with patio and barbecue. A balcony above this area is ideal for drinks and relaxing. Inside, it is spacious and comfortable with gas central heating. Ground floor: porch, hallway, spacious sitting room with satellite TV, DVD, video. Large well-equipped kitchen with archway to breakfast/dining room with patio doors to patio and back garden. Cloakroom with wc, hand basin. First floor: 3 bedrooms, separate wc, shower room, bathroom and French windows to the balcony. West Runton has a train service to London via Norwich and buses link the coastal villages, Cromer, Sheringam, Wells -next-the-sea etc. It is a walkers' and birdwatchers' paradise. The village has several restaurants which are well-worth sampling.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
5 based on 2 holidaymaker reviews
Just back from 3 great weeks. The house is very comfortable, loved the large kitchen, cooked some great meals. Having been to West Runton before we knew what to expect so we weren't disappointed, loved this house, our dog enjoyed the garden, will return for sure!
A wonderful house plenty of room. Lots of walks. Very quiet area.
We hope to use it again. Had family with us they want to do it again next year!
Activity and Interests
West Runton is a coastal village and one can walk or drive to the seaside. There is a pathway adjacent to the sea and on a good day one can enjoy the walk from West Runton to Sheringham or Cromer. There is ample car parking and also the shore has a large walking area where people can stroll or take dogs for a walk. On the way to the sea is a large grassy area which can be used for flying kites, walking dogs or playing with children.
Train: Rail station 10 minutes walk from Moorway.
Buses: Regular buses from Norwich and surrounding towns.
Airport: Norwich and Stansted for internal and international flights.
Moorway is in West Runton about 10 -15 minutes to the shops, pub and reastaurants.
Norwich 45 mins by train.
Coastal towns by car or bus.
Wet Runton shops inlude: newsagent, butcher, green grocer, Spar open until 9pm, post office, petrol station, pub, cafe, Links hotel with its golf course, restaurants and carvery.
Cromer has a Morrison's supermarket, Boots, Superdrug, hospital, GPs, dentists, branches of many major banks and building soceities, cinema, main post office and many restaurants and cafes. The pier has its own intersting walkway where both children and adults go crabbing and at times enter competitions among themselves. There is a restaurant at the entrance to the pier and a gift shop and towards the end is a bar and theatre which shows a variety of shows and plays especially in summer time. At the end of a pier is the Lifeboat station and museum with guided tours at times. There is a yellow seaside train for children taking them around the seaside and town. There are the usaul seaside attractions - clock golf, putting and boating. The promenade offers relaxing strolls to watch the ships, surfers and paddlers. There is a zoo and also a museum demonstrating the history of the area. The tourist office in Cromer provides not only information but access to the internet free of charge. A popular carnival takes place in August and attracts visitors from far and wide.
Sheringham is a seaside town with its own restaurants, cafes, promenade, theatre, fire station with open days, GP and a variety of shops. It has the ever popular Poppy Line steam train - a fun ride to Holt. These two towns are about a 10-15 minute drive from Moorway.
Holt is a regency town with quaint streets and many antique shops, deli, restaurants and very popular with tourists. Not too far away are towns such as Wells-Next-the-Sea, Blakeney, Cley-Next-the-Sea, Holkam with its vast sandy beach and many other seaside resorts all with easy reach by public or private transport. The Broads and Norwich offer visitors a pleasant day trip for shopping, eating and sight seeing.
For full details of availability please contact the owner.
- Booking Notes:
Moorway can be booked on a weekly basis or for longer periods by negotiation. Visitors are required to pay a deposit to secure the booking. Six weeks prior to arrival the balance of the rental plus a deposit for damages and breakages are required when details will be sent. The house is cleaned prior to arrival and should be left as it was found. The D&B will be returned after a satisfactory caretaker's report. Pets are accepted by negotiation. No smoking indoors.
Changeover day is Saturday and arrival time is after 4pm. Departure time is 10am unless discussed earlier if it is practical to make any change. The caretaker will be there on arrival and departure.
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Toilet 2 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom: bath with shower attachment and separate power shower at other end, shaving point with a mirror to side, handbasin in vanity unit and a heated towel rail. Window above handbasin. Separate shower room. Separate wc. Cloakroom wc and handbasin.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 5 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 1: double bed, dressing table, wardrobe, side tables, bedding chest, vanity unit. Low bed under main bed. 2: double bed, wardrobe, side table, vanity unit/drawers. 3: bed can be used as single, double or 2 singles, wardrobe and drawer unit. Child-gate.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Moorway stands in its own land set back from the road by the front garden. A garage is available at an extra charge. A gated driveway winds up to the front of the house and a car port to the side of the house. The garden has a variety of bushes, flowering bushes and fruit trees. The house itself is entered by a porch with side windows. A hallway with sideboard and mirror above leads to the sitting room, cloakroom and kitchen. The pre-war style staircase leads to the first floor's landing leading to bedrooms, bathroom, shower and separate wc. French windows open to a decked balcony with plants and overlooks the garden. Two of the bedrooms have inset hand basins with vanity units and mirrors. The bathroom has a power shower, mirror, shaving point and heated towel rail. Throughout the house there are radiators which supply heat from the gas boiler central heating. The showers have good power as there isn't a cold water tank in the house and the pressure is supplied by the mains water. Outside: There is a front, side and back garden with a patio and barbecue at the back and a decked balcony above the breakfast/dining room accessed from indoors. Gates and fence separate the front garden from the side and back garden to prevent young children from getting to the road. The front garden is fenced with a rustic gate securing the driveway. Under the carport there is a washing line in addition the the free standing dryer in the utility room and a side door which opens to the utility room. Pine trees next to the front garden fence screen the garden from the road. Utility Room: Large room with freezer, washing machine, sink, free-standing clothes dryer, basket and pegs, iron, wall and base units, side door to car port/outside covered drying area. Door to boiler room with ironing board along with sweeper and other cleaning items. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen + towels available for an extra charge. The house is cleaned prior to arrival and should be left in the same condition on leaving. Other: From the kitchen there is an archway which leads to the eating area (breakfast/ dining) with table, chairs, high chair, easy chairs, standard lamp, house plants, side table and windows covering 2 walls. A patio door opens to the patio and back garden.