Farmhouse in Palleggio, Bagni di Lucca, Tuscany - Tranquil Country Location Overlooking Hillside Village
Christian, Emma, Charlie & Nico Flackett welcome you to their beautiful Italian home. Lo Scopeto is a 5-bedroom (all en-suite), traditional Tuscan farmhouse (the oldest parts of which are over 400 years old), which can comfortably accommodate up to 10 guests. These can either be arranged as 5 doubles or 2 doubles and 3 twins. There are 5 bathrooms and a downstairs loo, kitchen, large dining room with table and 12 chairs, hall and sitting room with open fire. In addition, there is an outdoor pergola and terrace for alfresco dining. The local village (San Cassiano) has a general stores, butcher, trattoria/pizzeria/bar, a church & a post office. The picturesque historic spa town of Bagni di Lucca is approximately 15 minutes away, Lucca about 1 hour away, Pisa 1.20 & Florence 1.5 hours.
About the Owner
We are a married couple in our thirties, with 3 young children. Lo Scopeto is a very family-friendly and child-friendly place and we take the house for 3 weeks every summer. Always happy to talk to people if they've got any questions.
From the Owner
“Lo Scopeto is a stunning and imposing house providing lots of space and privacy. The location is beautiful and easily accessed from a number of international airports. We love the great food, stunning views and charming locals.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The area is very well known for walking. Prato Fiorito (flowery mountain top where Byron and Shelley used to relax) can be accessed on foot (2 hours) or be driven to. You can set off straight from the house and walk on designated paths (or off them), straight into the National Park. You can see buzzards, eagles, deer etc.
For spoiling spa treatments, go to the thermal spa Jean Veraud in Bagni di Lucca (15 minutes away). Underground caves of Grotta del Vento (40 mins away). Puccini festival at Torre del Lago (1.25 hrs away). Horse riding or canoing at Ponte Diana (5 mins away).
Viareggio or Forte dei Marmi beaches are an hour away.
From all airports, car hire is best.
Pisa airport 1 hour.
Florence airport 1.5 hours (or less).
Bologna airport 2 hours.
Genova airport 2 hours.
Lucca railway station 40 minutes.
Fornoli railway station (20 minutes).
Pisa 1 hour.
Lucca (sightseeing & excellent shops) -40 minutes.
Florence (sightseeing & excellent shops) -1.5 hours.
San Cassiano di Controne (bar, restaurant, pizzeria, shop, butcher) 5 mins.
Bagni di Lucca (supermarkets, spa treatments, restaurants) 15 minutes.
Barga (beautiful medieval town with cathedral) 40 minutes.
Abetone (ski resort) 45 minutes.
The local village of San Cassiano (20 minute walk or 5 minute drive) has a general shop, butcher and bar / restaurant / pizzeria. It's very basic (no menu) -but excellent.
Vico Pancellorum (10 minute drive away) has an excellent restaurant (Buco di Bildabo). Montefegatesi (20 minutes drive into the hills) has an excellent bar / basic pizzeria. Montefegatesi is the gateway to Prato Fiorito (flowery, meadowy mountain top -great for picnics, with views of Abetone, the Mediterranean and Massa Carrara marble mines) and the national park (Orrido di Botri). In Lucca 940 mins away) you can hire bicycles or tandems very cheaply and cycle round the top of the 16th century walls (very leisurely), eat very well and visit the most amazing shops. The churches, amphitheatre and cathedral are stunning too. Bagni di Lucca (15 minutes away) has great restaurants and bars as well as supermarkets.
Torre di Popiglio (ruined old towers) 20 minutes away in the Abetone direction.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
29 Oct 2016 - 23 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please see website.
Change over day is Saturday. To allow time for cleaning please arrive after 4.30pm and leave before 10.am.
25% to confirm booking. Balance due 1 month prior to holiday.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Peace, tranquility and plenty of hot water!”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 4 - Shower Enclosure
- 5 ensuite bath/shower rooms each with basins & a WC. 2 have baths with thermostatically-controlled (TC) showers over them. 3 just have TC showers. In addition, there is a downstairs loo and a pool hut with shower, basin & WC.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 in 5 double/twin ensuite rooms Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 double, 1st floor, ensuite bathroom. Bedroom 2 twin/double, 1st floor, ensuite shower room. Bedroom 3 double, 2nd floor, ensuite bathroom. Bedroom 4 twin/double, 2nd floor, shower room. Bedroom 5 twin/double, 2nd floor, ensuite shower room.
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Steep driveway. Outside: Plenty of space to run around. Excellent walking locally (on edge of National Park). Private infinity pool with large terrace around it for sunbathing, playing poolside games (e.g. giant jenga etc). Utility Room: Modern washing machine. Tumble dryer. Large outside washing line. A small clothes horse is also provided. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bedlinen, bath towels and swimming towels provided. Linen changed and house cleaned weekly. Additional cleaning may be available on request. Other: Outside dining area under pergola with table & bench seating for 12. Built-in barbecue.