Villa in Alcalali, Jalon Valley, Alicante, Costa Blanca North, Spain - Peaceful Private Setting, 10 Minutes Walk From Village
Three bedroom 30 year old traditional villa sleeps up to 7. Located on quiet hillside development with spectacular views lying just outside the wonderful stone built old Moorish village of Alcalali. Established garden with pine trees and terracotta tiled terraces. Super 10 x 5 m pool with water slide enables proper swimming , not just a dip ! The slide is particularly popular -with all age groups.! Situated 3km from the old market town of Jalon with its famous Saturday. 'Rastro' market and Bodegas (where wine can be purchased from the barrel- take your plastic containers with you, or buy some there). Wonderful area of vine growing, citrus fruit, almonds figs and olives. Big honey producing area with a new specialist shop recently opened in the village. Beautiful blossom displays and mountain walking to be had in the early Spring.
About the Owner
Hello,our names are Alex and Tracy, and we own this wonderful traditional villa in Alcalali.
The beauty of holidaying in the villa is that you are completely in charge of the pace of the holiday:its possible to just retreat and hardly venture out, spending your days enjoying the wonderful view,the sun and large pool,with lazy evenings barbecuing or strolling to a choice of local restaurants : alternatively strike out to visit the attractions and sights to be found in the area- caves, waterfalls, seaside resorts,fortified mountain towns, horse-riding, paragliding, cycling, etc. We normally opt for a mixture of the two styles!
The fantastic clean air, glorious views, and wonderful food and wines of the area await our guests coming to stay in Alcalali.!
Guestbook comments from the owner
'Fantastic villa, thank you very much'.
'Wonderfully relaxing, we recommend the bar/restaurant in the middle of Alacalali with tables outside next to the church'.
'Superb location and view'.
From the Owner
“We had often visited Casa La Solana when our children were babies, having immediately fallen in love with the fantastic location and view, and with beautiful old Alcalali. When a few years later the chance to purchase came along, we just could not pass it by ! Lying as it does almost equi-distant from Alicante and Valencia means that the Halon Valley is ideal for easy access from the UK : flights are offerred by a choice of budget airlines to both these airports . However being an hour or so's drive from either airport means that most of the tourist crowds are left far behind and 'Real Spain' spreads itself out ahead of you for exploration from the doorstep. With 4 children of varying ages, we have found that there really is something for everyone in the area.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Cycling is very popular in this area, as is horse-riding, paragliding from the Col De Rates mountain on the other side of the valley, and walking along ancient established paths such as the 'moorish steps' featuring ancient steps cut into the hillsides. Wine tasting (and drinking) is another speciality.
Approx 15-20 minute drive to the beautiful sandy beaches of Calpe, the stunning Arenal beach at Javea, with its vibrant nightlife, or Denia with its more historic feel, bull-running festival and visiting circuses.
Super snorkelling to be had at Granadella beach south of Javea, or Les Rotas beaches south of Denia.
Alicante airport approx 11/4 hours drive. Valencia airport 11/2 hours. Car hire is definitely beneficial if intending on doing much sightseeing (the mountain stronghold town of Guadelest, or to the stunning mountain river and swimming in the Fuertes de Algar for example). There is the recently built tramway system from Alicante which serves the coast. This, coupled with taxis and the Valencia railway, can get visitors to and from the airports without having to hire a car.
Alcalali Moorish village/ museum/church/ restaurants etc 1km. Jalon historic market town and wine centre 3km. Parcent- attractive neighbouring small town with some fine restaurants (our villa looks out across the valley to Parcent) 2km.
Halon ('Jalon' or 'Xalon' in Spanish or Valencian) has a large supermarket, various clothes shops, gift shops and restaurants. Chemists with good knowledge of heat rashes, ear aches and the like are to be found in Alcalali or in Parcent. Ensure you remember the siesta- religiously maintained in these parts between 1.30 and 5.00 pm, so visit either before or after, although the supermarket does stays open in the afternoon. There is a bank (CAM) in Parcent 3 km away-only open in the mornings. There are good charity s/hand shops in Halon and in Alcalali and Parcent, where you may find cheap replacement items for those things lost or left behind!
The closest Spanish restaurant to the villa is now Castelvi's, who offer an excellent Menu del dia for very reasonable prices, and who love children, as do the Spanish generally. Restaurant Paraiso on the far edge of Parcent is worth the 3km drive offering more up-market food at very reasonable prices. Just before Parcent is an outdoor centre offering rope adventures with high level tree walks etc.The sea-world (MundoMar) just north of Benidorm offers spectacular dolphin displays and the chance to swim with these wonderful animals.There are various other amusement parks in this area. Natural limestone caverns with impressive stalagtites and stalagmites at Bendioleg offer a cool and interesting break from the heat of the day.There is a wonderful brand new theatre at Ondara built on an elevated site with far-reaching views, and it is worth checking to see whats playing there for a very pleasant evening.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
1 Nov 2016 - 28 Feb 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
1 Apr 2017 - 15 Apr 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
24 Jun 2017 - 9 Sep 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
When we have agreed the dates and price, we will require payment of 25% deposit to secure the booking, with the balance to paid in full by 6 weeks prior to start of the letting. Payment can be via bank transfer or cheque. We are resisiting online bookings as these the costs to our guests substantially
Saturday is the preferred change-over day, but can be flexible to fit with cheap travel/flights, however there may be a premium of 10% to help cover lost rent resulting..Arrival after 4 pm/ Departure by 10 am ( unless pre-arranged otherwise)
25% booking Deposit is required immediately to secure the booking.
A breakages deposit of £100 is required to be paid along with
the balance of the rental cost, which must be paid 6 weeks prior to commencement of the stay.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Casa La Solana lies along a cul de sac road that ends when it hits the cliff of the mountain which is the backdrop beyond the villa,-this means that it is very secluded without neighbours overlooking the terrace or pool. The cliffs provide ledges and nesting spots for a number of different bird species and the raptors are particularly fascinating to watch from sitting on the terrace-dont forget to bring your binoculars! Bats, gheko lizards,and many other fascinating creatures can also be seen . Casa La Solana is about a 10 minute walk from Alcalali old town which has a number of good restaurants and bars, and there are many more just within a few kms in Halon or Parcent. Alcalali has a bakers, 2 small supermarkets, a cash machine,newsagent, small market and free wi-fi access.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- The fully tiled main bathroom has wc and wash basin, a bidet, and a very roomy bath with good over bath shower and glass screen. The fully tiled small shower room has corner shower enclosure and wc and handbasin.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: The master bedroom is up its own stairs and enjoys spectacular views and boasts wooden local pine floors and furniture. The twin and three- bed rooms are downstairs adjacent the bathrooms and living areas
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: There is on demand hot water from the gas water heater. The windows have external security grilles so windows can be safely left open .The windows fold right back against the wall internally, and the curtains can then be pulled across to give ventilation without attracting insects. All rooms are equipped with floor standing fans which have timer operation so can be left on at night to turn off later. The Naya has candle lanterns, a ceiling fan, and an insect zappa, and the large table can be further extended to seat up to 12 people. Outside: There are quality sun loungers and cushions, heavy quality plastic dining chairs with fitted cushions, parasol umbrellas, a large heavy duty barbecue with full utensils etc (charcoal and firelighters are available in the local supermarkets in Halon), the patio has recessed led uplighters for night time illumination.There is a raised area of garden to the rear of the villa which can be visited up the steps for a stunning view up the valley towards the local town of Orba. The garden has established cactii and pine trees and a beautiful old Carob tree, and plants in large pots adorn the terrace around the pool. The pool measures a generous 10 x 5 metres and ranges in depth from approx 1m to 2m. There is a plastic slide with water jets situated at the shallow end, and is very popular with all ages of guests! A sun-warmed open air shower adjacent the pool is very useful for acclimatising and removing sun creams and for washing off after a swim. Utility Room: Non -present. Cleaning materials are in main kitchen. Spare gas cylinder/s are in external water boiler cupboard. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels are provided for all guests, as are large poolside/beach towels. The pool and other maintenance is organised by Ernie our local agent. Fresh bedding and towels are provided every week during longer stays upon request. Other: Interesting furniture, beautiful ali-baba pots ,wall hangings and pictures give the villa a comfortably ethnic feel. There is a selection of beach toys and umbrellas, cool box, and a selection of outdoor and pool toys, including snorkel equipment.