House in Cavalaire, St Tropez Area, Var, Provence Alpes Cote D'Azur, France - A Charming Home With Terraced Gardens Close To Beaches And Restaurants And St Tropez
The villa stands proudly in the most magnificent position on the coastline between Le Rayol and Cavalaire. Le Dattier above is a hamlet of 20 houses set in beautiful protected natural countryside. There are lovely walks direct from the villa along the coastal paths and up to the hills. The villa has 5 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms, all of which are en-suite. Three of the rooms are on the ground floor and 2 bedrooms a are in a separate sous-sol. Four of the beds and the sitting/dining room have sea views as do the kitchen and study. The house is equipped to a high standard with satellite TV, wi-fi internet access and a modern kitchen. The ground floor has been completely redecorated with the result that it feels extremely well-presented. The garden is set on 3 terraced levels, each with plenty of space to lie in the sun or have a drink. There are 2 outside dining tables and a third in a covered section. There is a BBQ outside in a covered walkway outside the kitchen.
About the Owner
We've owned Villa Bonne Esperance for 25 years. In that time we've changed and improved almost everything in order to make it a really comfortable and modern house. We think of it as home and we let it just as we live in it, with every mod con we need ourselves offered to the tenants. It's nice that about 50% of each year's lets come back again the following year: one family came back 12 years in a row before buying their own house in St Tropez and another is coming down this year for the 10th time!
The position is quite unique. We think of it as paradise, completely private , right by the sea, totally natural. Yet the bright lights of St Trop are only 30 minutes away.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Approx 50% of all tenants return the following year. One client returned 12 years in a row before buying his own villa in St Tropez. Another client is returning for the 10th time this autumn.
From the Owner
“Position, position, position! You'll never find another property in a position like this. The area is charming, natural country all around with marvellous walks along the cliffs or up into the hills to be made direct from the villa, and others by car if one wishes. Nearby is all the entertainment you could want: golf, tennis, restaurants, beaches as well as interesting places to visit including St Tropez, Gassin and Grimaud. Further afield is Aix en Provence - about 1 1/2 hours.”
Activity and Interests
The sea is reached by taking steps down the garden and then following a path to flatrocks from where you can swim. The cove is very private and natural and with snorkels which are provided you will see a mass of fish swimming in the bay.
The hameau of Le Dattier is 300 feet above the villa and, from there, there are lovely walks along the coast in both directions or up the hills behind the hameau. Much of the land is owned by the French equivalent of the National Trust and is protected.
Toulon/Hyeres is 40 minutes to the west with Ryanair flights. There is also a new service from London City airport.
Nice is 1 1/2 hours to the east and serviced by many airlines including BA and Easyjet.
Marseilles is 2 hours to the west and Ryanair have several flights per day.
If you drive, it takes 11 hours from Calais - if you observe the speed limits!
Cavalaire is 2 kms to the east and beyond is Grimaud (25 mins) Port Grimaud (25 mins) and St Tropez (30 mins). To the east is Le Rayol (10 mins) and Le Lavandou(35 mins)
Cavalaire has 2 supermarkets and many shops. Also several restaurants, specially in the port. Le Rayol has a charming brasserie for coffee in the morning, lunch, drinks at the bar or supper in the evening.
St Tropez has all the smart shops and expensive restaurants and the Plage de Pampelonne next door is where you find all the beach bars, ranging from very smart and expensive (Club 55) to less expensive.
There are many vineyards nearby where you can taste and buy.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£896|
A booking is confirmed by signing a booking form which confirms the dates and price, together with the conditions. 20% is paid at this time with the balance paid 8 weeks in advance of the let. All payments are made by bank transfer. On arrival a deposit of 1000 euros is paid by cheque or cash to the Manager. This is to cover damage and breakages. This is repaid to the client within 10 days of departure unless any sum is owing.
Saturday is changeover day unless a separate agreement has been made.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Direct access to the sea with swimming in a secluded bay. Privacy, natural coastline, walking, sunshine, sport, eating, boating/sailing. All mod cons including wi-fi, Sky and Orange TV.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- pets considered
- Ocean View
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- En suite bathroom to bed 1 with bath/shower, separate shower, twin basins, wc En suite bathroom to bed 2 with shower, basin, wc En suite bathroom to bed 3 with shower, basin, wc Bathroom for beds 4 and 5 with large shower, basin, wc.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with 6 ft double bed and sea view Bedroom 2 with twin beds and balcony + sea views Bedroom 3 with 5ft 6in double bed Bedroom 4 with double/twin bed and sea view Bedroom 5 with twin beds and sea view
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Outside: French doors from the sitting room open out on the main terrace: french doors also lead to the main outside dining area from the kitchen and study. The gardens are set out on 3 terraced levels, each below the other. From the bottom level a flight of steps leads down to the rocks and to a path leading to a natural bay. From here there is direct access to the sea where one can swim or lie in the sun on a flat section of rock. The bay is effectively private and offers near-privacy. The terraces all face south and, framed by a craggy point on the right, enjoy a marvellous view out to the Isles du Levant. There is a Weber BBQ in the covered walkway outside the kitchen. There are several sun loungers, and dining chairs for each of two outside dining tables. There also chairs for a covered dining table so there is plenty of choice as to where to eat. Utility Room: Ironing board, iron, toolkit. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen and towels including beach towels provided. The property is fully clean on arrival. If cleaning is required during a 2 week let, this can be arranged at the tenants cost. Other: Study with Wi-fi and computer. Small garage for storage of loungers for sun chairs and rocks.