Villa in Islamlar, Kalkan, Mediterranean Region, Turkey - Fifteen Minutes From Kalkan, Turkey
Located in the hills near the village of Islamlar, Villa Lukka is particularly suited to those looking for somewhere private and quiet yet within easy reach of Kalkan. The most outstanding feature of the villa is its magnificent views. From the pool terrace and bedroom windows, one looks to the east across the Xanthos Valley to Patara Beach and distant mountains; due south, to Kalkan bay and islands; and to the east, the head of the beautiful Islamlar Valley. These views are truly mind expanding! The house is set on a 1,600sq.m hillside plot at the end of a private drive that is shared by three other properties. Given this location, there is no sound of traffic to disturb the silence. Another advantage is that given its mountain location (altitude 550 metres) it is always about 4 degrees cooler than in Kalkan, and significantly less humid.
About the Owner
A long term expat, I had the house built as a holiday home for family and friends during my retirement. I enjoy the outdoors, so get in a lot of hiking during the cooler months. The local people are hospitable and charming, the scenery is magnificent, the history fascinating, and the weather superb. I hope you enjoy it all as much as I do.
Guestbook comments from the owner
What a wonderful location and a gorgeous villa! We’ve really enjoyed driving up and down the mountain every time we’ve gone out. It’s far better up here than staying in Kalkan – with such wonderful views and a true sense of Turkish village life all around. Thank you for a very well equipped home, good service from your office. Hoping to revisit. Susie and Matt Briggs, August 2010.
We’ve had a brilliant time at the villa. The villa is lovely – well equipped and of course in an outstanding location. Colin, Jane and Fraser Clements, September 2010.
Having done the sites/sights on other trips, we decided just to relax this time. Easy to do in this superbly situated, well laid out house!...Can’t think what would improve this wonderful house!...Hope to come again. Julian and Jo LeVay. September 2010.
We've rented a number of villas but Villa Lukka is by far the best. Thank you... we hope to come back.
Jane, August 2012
Thank you for renting out your villa – it's Paradise! Luke a
From the Owner
“I love the sea but I also like mountains. So this is about as good as it gets. The house is ideal for anyone wanting complete peace and quiet but within easy reach of the town.”
Activity and Interests
It takes 15 minutes by car to get to Kalkan (about 7km). Most of the way is along a quiet village road that winds down through a valley filled with grape vines, orchards and olive groves. The nearest beach is the one in Kalkan located near the harbour. The picturesque beach of Kaputas, famous for its golden sands and turquoise sea, lies only a few kilometres outside Kalkan. The best known beach, however, is the 12km long Patara Beach which is about a 30 minute drive from the villa.
Dalaman and Antalya are the two nearest airports. Dalaman is a one hour forty-five minute drive away. The drive from Antalya airport takes about three and a half hours.
A car is essential for anyone staying at the villa and car hire can be arranged through the Termessos Agency in Kalkan, the agency that looks after the upkeep of the villa. Whether or not one hires a Termessos vehicle, guests are asked to report to the agency office in Kalkan from where they will be taken to the villa.
There are plenty of places of interest within easy reach of Kalkan. Here are a few suggestions: Scenic coastal drive to laid back Kas (34km), Saklikent Gorge for a splash up a spectacular ravine (35km), Kekova Island with its beautiful enclosed bay for a boat trip and swim (60km). In addition, for history buffs there are numerous ancient ruins from the Lycian period nearby, one of the most interesting being the ruins of classical Patara which one passes by on the way to the beach (18km).
Kalkan is a picturesque upmarket resort with steep narrow lanes, colourful boutiques, and a great variety of open air cafes and roof top restaurants. Boat trips and scuba diving are on offer in the harbour, plus there are a number of beach clubs for day time dining, sunbathing and swimming. The upper part of the town is where business is done. Here there are all the modern amenities of banks, cash points, pharmacies, super-markets, and so on.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Changeover day is flexible. Where there are back-to-back bookings, it is essential that those leaving do so by11am and those arriving do so after 4pm.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Far and away the most outstanding feature of the property is its location. Someone needs to study why we all like great views so much. Perhaps there's some evolutionary explanation. Anyway, the expanse of space around the villa is quite liberating.”
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- bay fishing
- water skiing
- water tubing
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- All three bedrooms have their own en suite bathrooms comprising shower cubicle, wash basin and WC. There is a fourth WC at the foot of the stairs.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 Notes on bedrooms: There are two large bedrooms upstairs, one with double bed the other with two single beds. Both these rooms open on to a shared balcony. Bedroom three downstairs has two single beds. The bedroom furniture was made locally. All bedrooms have great views.
- Outside: The house has a dramatic setting with magnificent views all round. On one side is a steep hillside with trees covered in grape vines. From the veranda, one looks down this slope across fields and a rocky outcrop to the head of the valley and the opposing ridge of Kisla Dag. To the front of the house is forestry land covered in maquis and scattered pines. To the west is open ground with an unbroken view across to Patara Beach in the far distance. Immediately behind the house is a neighbouring villa with several other villas further up the hill. The house has two open garages. From here, a short flight of steps takes one up to the front door, the veranda and pool terrace. The terrace is furnished with six sunbeds and a couple of large umbrellas, while the veranda has a table and four chairs for outdoor dining. In addition to this, there is another table and barbecue on the far side of the 7 x 4 m swimming pool. Utility Room: Ironing board and iron plus household cleaning material is kept in a small store room under the stairs. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bedlinen, bath towels, bath mats and thin cotton pool side towels are provided. Linen and towels are changed weekly when the villa is thoroughly cleaned. Rubbish is removed early every morning by the pool maintenance people. Other: The balcony adjoining the two upstairs bedrooms has a table and comfortable folding wooden chairs. There are two open garages below the living room level of the house.