House in Livarot, Calvados, Normandy, France - Peaceful Location In The Heart Of Normandy
The manor house has kept its authenticity it has exposed beams, old tiled floor, wood panelling on the first floor. Kitchen/dining room and living room have large fireplaces. The elm staircase is from the 18th century. The house is fitted out with all the modern facilities (gas central heating, bathroom with bathtub and shower, fitted kitchen, independent utility room with washing machine and drier). It also includes ADSL broadband with Wi-Fi , Sky satellite dish and digital terrestrial television, video tape recorder, DVD and CD players. The golf course is situated in the fields which surround the house. It currently includes 9 holes on a 7 hectare ground. It is 1330 metres long and can suit both beginners and senior players who are looking for a training round with real difficulties. This countryside ground is not meant to compare to professional ones, it is more similar to small grounds, which are typical of the English countryside.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
4.3 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
Fantastic house in an amazing location. Enjoyed using the golf course with the children and exploring the local area. We had a great week visiting beaches, villages, markets and the cheese factory! Ate and drank lots and enjoyed being outside at this amazing farm house. Perfect for our two families to share. We hope to come again one summer.
'Un petit coin de paradis'
A beautiful house in a magical setting. Perfect for markets, outings to the coast, incredible cheese and total rest as it is so peaceful. We had a very happy time with our two teenage sons, enjoying the house, eating outside, playing table-tennis in the garden and losing countless balls on the little golf course. Marie and Daniel could not have been more welcoming and thoughtful and that made our stay all the more enjoyable. We will be back!
A beautiful property in a rural setting which just oozes character & provides the opportunity for complete relaxation.We booked a long weekend & our only regret was we couldn't stay longer, we did nothing but chill, drink good French wine, BBQ & sit outside admiring the view. We did manage a few holes of golf on the course which is an added benefit. The house has so much character, a beautiful kitchen & everything you need for a great holiday, the only thing it would benefit from would be a bathroom or loo upstairs but it certainly didn't impact on our stay & is a preference rather than anything else. The current bathroom is downstairs. Both Marie & Daniel were fantastic hosts, thank you both. We'll definitely return with the golf mad parents as it's a little gem in fantastic surroundings which gave us an opportunity to recharge our batteries.
Activity and Interests
The nearest beach is the famous Deauville beach, with its wooden boards.(45 minutes drive.)
The nearest channel port is Ouistreham (45 minutes drive). The use of a car is essential.
Nearest villages: Livarot (6 kilometres) and St Pierre sur Dives (9 kilometres)
Nearest town : Lisieux (20 minutes drive) with its famous basilique. The landing beaches are 1 hour's drive.
Leisure activities in the area include: kayak, swimming pool (in St Pierre sur Dives), tennis (in Livarot), horse riding ( local farmer), hiking (numerous pedestrian paths).
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£683|
A contract is sent by email, together with the general renting conditions, they must be filled in and signed and then sent back by the tenant with a deposit of half the total amount of the fare, 56 days before the beginning of the stay.
The rest of the fare must be paid 35 days before the beginning of the stay.
Please note that the current prices are for 8 people, the fares vary according to the number of people. The conditions of refunding are on our website.
The changeover day is normally Saturday, arrangements can be made on request. Arrival time: 4 pm. Departure time: 10 am.
Notes on prices:
The prices edited here are for 8 people, but they vary according to the number of people, the minimum being for 5 people and the maximum for 10. Contact us or for more details.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- horse riding
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- 120 m²
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Bathroom 1 - Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom with shower and bath. Separate WC. WC bathroom with shower in small house.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 5 - 1 Sofa bed/Futon
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Louis XV bedroom, with double bed and fireplace. Children's bedroom with twin beds, African bedroom with double bed and baby bed and fireplace, Indian bedroom with twin beds, small house with double bed (sofa bed) and fireplace with wood stove.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The double beds in the manor house are 160x200 cm. All the beds are fitted with high quality bedlinen and bedspread (latex Dulopillo matresses). The beds have bed warmers for the winter. Pets are not allowed in the house. Outside: The property sits on a 7 hectare ground, where the golf course is located. The garden itself is 2000 square metres. Utility Room: Washing machine,tumble dryer, ironing board, sink. Outbuilding with barbecue, deck chairs, outdoor table and chairs. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bedlinen included and changed every week. The property is cleaned before and after each rental, possibility to hire a cleaning lady.