Villa in Castro Marim Golf Resort, Eastern Algarve, Portugal - Perfect Holiday Location for Families and/or Golfers
Staying at this charming, spacious, air-conditioned villa, you will enjoy a private pool on a large south-facing terrace, in-built BBQ, poolside shower and private balcony off the master bedroom. The villa has stunning views of the scenic 27-hole golf course, Spanish coastline and Formosa nature reserve. You will be only minutes away from 5 Flag beaches between the historic towns of Vila Real and Tavira. The villa is located 45 minutes from Faro airport and 75 minutes from Seville airport in Spain. You will be within easy reach of the charming heritage towns of Castro Marim, Monte Gordo, Vila Real de St Antonie and Tavira. Also nearby are the fascinating Spanish towns of Seville and Ayamonte. Monte Gordo offers a vibrant nightlife during the summer months. The villa is on the 11th tee of the Atlantic course and the two Championship courses of Seve Ballesteros' Quinta do Vale and Jack Nicklaus' Montey Rey within a 15-minute radius.
About the Owner
We are an Irish couple with 5 adult children and 3 young grandchildren from the east coast of Ireland. We have been visiting the Algarve for 25 years and in 2006 we bought this property in what undoubtedly is the most beautiful part of the Algarve.
The following is a story that might be worth sharing. In 2004 while travelling around the south coast of Ireland with my wife, we met a local seaman who talked at length about his many years of travels around the world. We asked him where was the most beautiful place he had visited and he replied without hesitation "A place called Villa Real de Santo Antonio in the Eastern Algarve". We wanted to see for ourselves what was so special about this place so we took a trip and have not looked back since.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"My husband and I stayed in this villa in Castro Marim with our six-month old daughter and had an absolutely gorgeous holiday. Thanks to the good set-up, we spent some days lounging by the pool at the villa and we also found great local restaurants where we ate fabulous seafood on the square and along the marina in Vila Real. The beaches in the area are just incredible and great for kids, we can't wait to go back." Suzanne Maguire, Wicklow, Ireland.
From the Owner
“This part of the Eastern Algarve is closely located to many beautiful villages and towns such as Tavira, Monte Gordo and Vila Real. Castro Marim is only 3km from the Spanish border and the beautiful authentic Spanish town of Ayemonte. In each of these places you will find local food markets,restaurants with exquisite fresh seafood and relaxing outdoor cafes. In the larger towns, such as Monte Gordo there are a variety of restaurants, bars and nightclubs for those in the mood for a night out. The 25km of white sandy beaches is within a 5 minute drive and perfect for walking and swimming. There is great ease of access along the motorway from the villa to the airport. Seville airport is only 75 minutes away and it is only a 45 minute drive to the Algarves main airport, Faro.”
Activity and Interests
Our villa is a 5 minute drive to 25km of incredible white sandy beaches.You will be only minutes away from 5 Blue Flag beaches between the historic towns of Vila Real, Monte Gordo and Tavira. These beaches are the ideal spot to keep children entertained for days on end and provide plenty of opportunity for long inviting walks.
Faro airport is 45 mins drive from Castro Marim but you can also arrive from Seville which is 75 mins drive away. There are frequent trains from Faro to Vila Real which is around 10 mins away by taxi. Nearest bus stop is 2km away. Airport transfer to and from the villa is available on request. We can also provide details of car hire to you on request.
The historical Moorish Castle of Castro Marim is only 5 mins away. The heritage town of Vila Real de San Antonio, with the beatiful plaza and marina, is 10 mins drive. Monte Gordo, 10 mins drive, has a thriving nightlife with a major casino and excellent restaurants and bars. Tavira, the oldest town on the Algarve, has many old buildings of historical importance and is 20 mins away. The ancient Moorish town of Seville is 75 mins away across the Spanish border.
The clubhouse at the golf club is the nearest restaurant and boasts a beautiful terrace for al fresco dining. In this part of the eastern Algarve you will find excellent value for money in all the local restaurants of Vila Real and Monte Gordo. This region is also famous for it's superb fresh local seafood and you can enjoy an authentic Portuguese meal in gorgeous surroundings for excellent value for money.
If you wish to barbeque or cook in the villa, you will find supermarkets and outdoor markets in the local towns.
- Booking Notes:
A 25% (non refundable) deposit will be required at the time of booking and full payment due no less than six weeks before the intended date of occupancy. A breakages/key deposit of €200 will also be required at that time and this will be returned within a week after the date of leaving, assuming no damages. Cancellations within six weeks of occupancy will forfeit the full rental payment.
Payments can be made through bank transfer or Paypal.
Any day of the week can be accommodated, thereby allowing guests to enjoy lower flight fares by travelling midweek, if desired. Arrival after 4pm and departure by 11am requested.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The villa is situated on the 11th tee of the Castro Marim Atlantic golf course. The views of the unspoilt rugged landscape from the outdoor south facing terrace and main bedroom balcony are spectacular. The front of the villa faces the direction of the Spanish boarder and also enjoys fantastic views especially at nightime when you can see the lights of Ayamonte sparkling across the Guadiana river. It really is a taste of heaven on earth! The private pool of course is a great advantage in the hot summer days. We can supply towels & pool side safety equipment for children including arm bands and ring buoys. We are more than happy to help you with any queries you may have and have no doubt that if you do chose to holiday at our little piece of paradise you won’t be disappointed! Thank You.”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- En-suite to master bedroom with WC, jacuzzi bath, walk-in shower and twin vanity units. En-suite to bedrooms 2 and 3 each with bath, power shower, WC. Under-floor heating in all bathrooms. Ground floor cloakroom and external pool shower.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (1 double & 2 twin bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: First floor master bedroom with twin beds, en-suite, jacuzzi bath and private terrace. Bedroom 2 with twin beds, en-suite, opening on to pool area. Bedroom 3 with twin beds, en-suite. All rooms fully air-conditioned and all bed linen supplied.
- Golf ...
- Outside: The private terrace is located to the rear of the property with private 8x4m swimming pool for sole use of guests. The sitting room and downstairs bedroom open onto the private pool and patio area. The terrace is equipped with wooden patio furniture, sun loungers with cushions and a BBQ. The pool overlooks the 11th hole of the Atlantic golf course at Castro Marim. Where children are concerned it is imperative there is strict supervision leading to a safe and enjoyable holiday. Utility Room: Washing machine, tumble dryer, iron and ironing board in the utility area. Outdoor clothes line also. Storage cupboards for golf clubs. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen, bathroom and pool towels are provided and will be changed once a week by the maid service. Other: The villa is fully air-conditioned with insect-repellant screens on all doors and windows. Airport transfer to and from the villa is available on request. We can also provide details of car hire to you on request.