Villa in Kaya Koy, Fethiye, Turkey - Stunning, Quiet Location In Famous Kaya Koy Valley Between Fethiye And Olu Deniz
Villa Camellia is ideal for 2 couples or a family with 3 children. Two large, en-suite bedrooms with air-conditioning. One of 4 villas on a sought-after, private complex in a rural setting with stunning gardens and a large pool. Combines the tranquillity of mountain views with easy access to beaches, restaurants and activities. Villa Camellia is located in the historic Kaya valley, which is between the harbour town of Fethiye and the famous beach resort of Olu Deniz on the south west Mediterranean coast of Turkey. Holidays here are for those people who want to get away from the hustle and bustle of busy holiday resorts! This little spot of paradise is to be found nestling between fields and mountains but is only a short walk from the village restaurants and a 10 or 15 minute taxi ride from all the shops, bars, beaches and boat trips. The Kaya valley is famous in Turkey being a protected area of outstanding natural beauty, and with its deserted and picturesque Greek village.
About the Owner
Bridget and Tim Levingston were both IT professionals, then were lucky enough to puchase this unique location way back in 1998. We built this small private complex of 4 detached villas and spent many happy months landscaping the gardens and fitting out the villas to the highest standard.
We lived in the largest villa, Kaya Vadi House, for nearly 8 years, then returned to Berkshire in 2006.
In 2013 we were delighted to sell the properties to our lovely manager, Gem. He is paying for them over the 4 year period to the end of 2016. Tim continues to run the marketing, holiday bookings and administration and the rest of his time is working on his golf handicap!
We visit the villas 2 or 3 times a year - it is always like returning home (except much better weather!).
From the Owner
“We travelled extensively in Turkey looking to buy villas, but couldn't find anything we liked in a location we liked. Our favourite place was the Kaya valley, but unfortunately foreigners are not allowed to own property there. So, we set up a Turkish company and bought land in the perfect spot, then built our 4 lovely detached villas the way we wanted them. They told our unusual story in the "Place in the Sun" book which accompanied the Channel 4 TV series. Good fun!”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
We are told that the Kaya valley is a good spot for bird watchers.
Walkers will also love it here, with many flat or mountainous walks straight out of our gates. The beginning of the famous Lycian Way starts just a few miles from us.
The nearest beach is Gemiler beach which is at the end of our valley. Our photo gallery pictures the stunning view of Gemiler Island which is just a mile offshore. This picturesque beach is off the beaten track so is quiet in the week (although busier at weekends with the locals). It can be reached by the step-on, step-off dolmush minibus service from our village center. The journey is about 8 km. The famous beach at Olu Deniz is about 20 minutes drive away, and can also be reached by dolmush.
Our nearest airport is Dalaman, which is almost exactly a one hour drive from the villa. We are pleased to arrange private airport transfers for our guests, or car hire, if required, either from the airport or delivered to your villa.
The nearest restaurant is the Kaya Wine House in a converted ancient stone cottage, and is only about 250 metres from our front gates. The main village of Kaya is a 1 kilometre flat walk, and has 10 or a dozen restaurants and a few small shops. Hisaronu is our nearest town at a distance of 9 minutes by car. The delightful harbour town of Fethiye is 15 minutes drive, and the beach resort of Olu Deniz is about 20 minutes drive.
There are masses of things to do for those with the energy! Our photo gallery illustrates some of them. There are water sports of all types including sailing, jet skis and diving. Wonderful boat trips round the islands. There is horse riding in the valley run by an English couple. There are Jeep Safaris, parascending, microliting, paragliding from the top of our local 6000ft mountain, numerous wonderful archaeological sites to visit, aqua parks, carpet factories to visit, weekly markets, restaurants of all types including alfresco barbecue restaurants in the village, sophisticated European style restaurants, and Chinese, Indian etc in the nearby towns. Wonderful walks, including the Lycian Way with its stunning views over Olu Deniz.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Sep 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
1 Nov 2016 - 30 Nov 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Prices include accommodation, bed linen, bath towels, beach towels, cleaning twice a week, gas, electricity and a well-stocked fridge in the villa.
We request a 25% deposit to secure your reservation. The balance becomes due 8 weeks before you travel.
The preferred payment method is by bank transfer to our company bank account. PayPal payments are also accepted.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“They say "location; location; location". Our villas are almost unique in Turkey - quiet, peaceful location surrounded by small farms, but only 10 minutes away from the beaches, towns and all the attractions.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- near the sea
- water parks
- bird watching
- horse riding
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- mountain biking
- water skiing
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Both bathrooms have recently been completely re-tiled and re-fitted. They both have a walk-in shower, loo and wash basin.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 5 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: One bedroom has a king-sized double bed, and the other has three singles. Both bedrooms have plenty of drawer and cupboard space; both have en-suite shower rooms, and both are air-conditioned.
- Outside: Villa Camellia has a private ground-floor terrace with table and chairs and a built-in barbecue. The rooftop terrace has lovely views over the valley to the mountains, and is completely private. The stunning Mediterranean gardens, the lawns and the pool area are shared by the 4 villas at Kaya Vadi. Next to the 14 meter main pool are 3 tumbled-down old stone cottages, and in one we have built an Ottoman style seating platform with scattered rugs and cushions. This is the perfect cool spot to relax with a book and perhaps a cold beer or a glass of wine. Next to the main pool we have a kiddies pool, and in the grounds there is a children's' play area with a climbing frame, Wendy house and swings. The grounds are walled and the pool area is fenced and gated, so little ones can play in perfect safety. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Included within the price we carry out a full clean and linen change weekly, and a mid week quick clean. We supply all bedding, kitchen towels, bath towels and pool towels. Every day the owner/manager delivers fresh bread and hangs it on your door knob. Other: The villa has a rooftop terrace with cool breezes and views over the valley to the mountains.