Villa in Alhaurin el Grande, Costa del Sol, Spain - Romantic Location For A Quiet Holiday, Yet Within Easy Reach Of The Social Scene
This rural holiday rental lies 10 minutes from the picturesque white village of Alhaurin el Grande yet only 30 minutes from the coastal resorts of Marbella and Malaga. With stunning views over the valley and the mountains, the house is in a peaceful, private, yet not isolated location. Surrounded by over an acre of delightedly planted gardens, there is a private pool and sun terrace, together with a covered patio for shelter from the sun, which provides an ideal location for alfresco dining or a romantic place to sit and 'listen to the quiet' while enjoying the spectacular scenery. The entrance hall leads to a spacious open-plan dining/living area with open fire for winter warmth and air conditioning for relief from the heat in summer. A fully equipped kitchen serves both internal and external dining.
About the Owner
Having owned the property for four years we have a good knowledge of the surrounding area, which we can outline for your enjoyment. What drew us to this area was the spectacular scenery, looking towards the Mijas and Nieves mountains and of course the olive and citrus groves that surround the property - fresh orange juice for breakfast and all the lemon you need for your drink!
Our good friends Sue and Bob are living close by and will deal with any query you might have - just give them a ring. We will also leave you a folder outlining places that are worth a visit and how you might get there. The villa is 1 km off the main road between Alhaurin el Grande and the 355 Motorway leading from Malaga airport.
Activity and Interests
There are numerous beaches along the Costa del Sol which are within 30 minutes drive from the property.
This is a rural retreat and hire of a car is essential. Driving time from Malaga airport is circa 30 minutes. There is a good bus service from both Coin and Alhaurin el Grande to Malaga and Marbella.
Enjoy a stroll around Alora and Monda, the white villages with their well preserved Moorish castles each approx 15 km. Ronda with its world famous gorge and bridge is a 50 km journey through the National park. Antequera, with its pink flamingos is a must and less than an hours drive Malaga for the Picaso museum and gallery is 30 km easy drive along the 355 motorway
A pleasant 2 hour drive to Granada to explore either the City or the Alhambra is a must for those interested in history.
The area is well serviced with local shops in both Alhaurin el Grande and Coin. Both towns have a good mix of restaurants, bars and clubs. In addition Dunnes stores is the anchor tenant in La Trocha shoping centre, which is 5 minutes drive from the property. This centre also has restaurants, bars and cinemas and at the week-end hosts a Sunday market. Fresh bread and good wine is so near at hand!
- Booking Notes:
All prices stated are on a weekly basis and are quoted in Euros. Payment can be made by bank transfer or cheque. A booking deposit of 30% is required with the balanced paid 6 weeks before arrival. A refundable security deposit of €100.00 is required against damage or breakage.
Changeover day during the high season is Saturday, but this is flexible and specific arrangements can be facilitated.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“At Finca las Palmeras you can enjoy the sunshine and the solitude, with the knowledge that you are very near every amenity you might need. If it gets too warm just relax in the pool and have a cool drink.”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- En-suite bathroom to master bedroom with bath/shower, WC, whb and bidet. Twin bedrooms share bathroom with bath/shower, WC, WHB and bidet. Ground floor WC and whb.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6/8 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom with double bed, en-suite bathroom, air-conditioning, large fitted wardrobes, chest of drawers, bed side lockers. Private balcony, 2 twin bedrooms, one with private balcony, fitted wardrobes, bedside lockers; sharing bathroom, baby cot.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: In Summer the air-conditioning in the living area and main bedroom help to make your stay comfortable while in winter the fire and electric heaters provided, keep this romantic retreat cosy and warm. The garden is secure and terraced, with automatic gates for vehicular access. Outside: Patio area with swimming pool, outdoor shower, sun loungers and chairs. Covered area with dining table and chairs, couches and coffee table; barbecue, secure parking, landscaped garden, orange, lemon and pomegranate trees, children's tree house. Utility Room: Outside utility room has additional fridge and storage for poolside furniture and toys. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bathroom, kitchen and pool towels are provided as is all bedroom linen. Property is cleaned and linen changed once a week. Additional cleaning and linen change can be facilitated at renter's expense. Other: Front porch with wardrobe for coats, shoes, golf clubs etc.