Country House near St Antonin Noble Val, Midi-Pyrenees, Tranquil, Private Location Within Stunning Aveyron Gorge
Restored country house with spacious rooms in rural location facing fields of corn or sunflowers and fruit orchards and the high cliffs of the Aveyron Gorge; Las Soles sits high above the river in 2 acres of tall oak trees and gardens. While private, Las Soles is near lovely villages and hamlets with wonderful walks. A large sun drenched terrace overlooks the 12 x 6 metre free-form pool. There is a covered terrace with extra dining space and table tennis. Inside, if you can pull yourself away, you will find the dining table converts to a pool/billiard table to test your other pool skills.
House plus apartment will suit both large group, two familes or family with grown children.
About the Owner
Owners (British/American) acquired Las Soles to have a place to escape from the frenetic pace of London and found a little piece of paradise. This is the 14th year that we have owned Las Soles and the 12th year we have shared it with others. The house was furnished as our second home and as a result is warm, peaceful and inviting. Also, you will see elements of the our interest in history, especially Napoleon - on the book shelves and the walls. We are also very interested in films and have a large collection of DVDs. We have had many repeat guests over the years and feel certain you too will want to return once you have been to Las Soles.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"One of our all time best holidays ever!" Anna & Family 2014
"We've had an amazing two weeks here. The house and the pool have been fabulous." August 2011
"Best holiday I've had in years and definitely the best in France." (15 yrs old) 2011
"We have thoroughly enjoyed out time at Las Soles. Having stayed in a few holiday homes, this has to be the best." June 2011
From the Owner
“We found the Aveyron Gorge region by a chance visit and have been capitvated by its beauty and peacefulness ever since the winter of 2002. You have the drama of high cliffs, green rolling hills and a meandering river plus charming medieval villages and towns and lively markets. A part of real France which can be reached within a reasonable amount of time either by driving or flying from London.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
St. Antonin Noble Val medieval town 10 km away.
Other notable medieval villages and castles close.
Canoeing down the rapid Aveyron river.
Excellent walking country with many marked paths.
Approximately 2 to 2.5 hours from the Mediterranean and Atlantic coasts.
River swimming available in the Aveyron within walking distance
Nearest airports are Toulouse approximately 75 minutes or 90 kilometres. Rodez about 90 minutes or 115 kilometres. Use of car essential
Nearest town: St Antonin Noble Val, 10 minutes (9 kilometres) with shopping, restaurants. Outstanding Sunday market and tourism. Nearest city is Montauban, 30 minutes with shopping and tourism. Toulouse is 75 minutes.
Albi, Cordes Sur Ciel, Penne, Gaillac, Moissac, Cahors and other medieval villages and cities all within 5 to 60 minutes away.
Las Soles is along the Aveyron River, where there is swimming, relatively easy and safe kayaking and fishing (with Permit). There are many wonderful walks around the house and in the region; guidance information and walking plans are provided in the house.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£350|
Please contact the owner for confirmation of availability and pricing. Discounts may be offered out of season. Please contact the owner for a booking form. A 25% deposit of the total rental cost is required to secure a booking. The outstanding amount plus a security deposit of £350 is required no later than 8 weeks prior to the start of the booking. The total rental amount, plus the security deposit is required if booked less than 8 weeks before start of the rental.
Changeover day is Saturday. Guests may arrive from 16:00 and are expected to depart from the house by approximately 10:00. The owners may be able to exercise some discretion outside of the summer season. Contact the owners to discuss.
Notes on prices:
Prices shown are for the main house only. For apartment prices contact the owners. Couples / 2 people should contact the owners regarding possible reduced prices outside high season (July/August)
Deposit of 25% of total rental secures booking. Final payment of remaining amount plus the Security Deposit due 8 weeks before start of the rental period. All payments should be made by bank transfer to the Owner.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The region still remains the real France and Las Soles is located in a rural area with a view towards the clifts of the Gorge directly from the house. The neighbours are mainly local farmers and residents. The atmosphere is casual and friendly. The nearby town of St Antonin offers all the necessary requirements for food, bakeries and cafes as well as interesting sites and a great Sunday Market. Las Soles offers all modern conveniences expected: such as a dishwasher, microwave, Smeg cooking range and full laundry room (separate washer and dryer); heated towel rails, Broadband wi-fi internet access, complete linen set, including pool towels. Also you have extensive parking to the side and rear of the house and a large terrace facing south over looking the 13m pool, getting direct sun from morning to night. Most importantly, you will find privacy and quiet without feeling isolated plus wonderful starry night skies.”
- Air Conditioning ...
- Fireplace ...
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Music Library ...
- Ping Pong Table
- Pool Table ...
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
- Video Library ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- Events Allowed
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Apartment - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Large family bathroom on first floor with WC, full bath and overhead shower plus electric towel rail; Ground floor shower room with WC. Apartment has full luxury bathroom.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 1 - 3 Single Bed, 1 Cot, Superking size bed separated into 2 singles
- Bedroom 4 - Apartment - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 5 - Apartment - 1 Double Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7 (3 Bedrooms) main house/ Apt sleeps 4 Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with 1 super king or 2 singles, plus extra single bed. Bedroom 2 with 1 double bed with small balcony. Bedroom 3 with 1 double bed. All bedrooms face the terrace.
- Balcony ...
- Terrace ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Garden ...
- Tennis ...
- Notes on accommodation: Each bedroom has a fan, hair dryer and alarm clock. Additional fans are provided for the downstairs as needed. Smoking is absolutely not permitted in the house or apartment. Pets, unfortunately, are not allowed. There is a separate apartment with 2 double bedrooms that is never rented separately though may be rented for larger groups needing extra space. Please discuss any interest in the apartment with the owners. Outside: Extensive stone terrace above and around the private free form pool (12 x 6 meters; 10 loungers and 4 parasols; teak tables with 10 chairs on upper terrace; wrought iron small table, bench and chairs under the covered terrace; additional chairs available in storage room; 3 adult and 2 children bicycles available for use. Table tennis provided under the covered Terrace and with sensor lighting if required. Large gas barbecue available for use. Utility Room: Ground floor separate utility room across from the shower room with modern LG washing machine and tumble dryer, nearby hall closet has an iron and ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All bedlinens and both bath and pool towels are provided. The house is cleaned on a weekly basis and all linens changed. Additional cleaning may be arranged in advance for an hourly rate of £15.00 per hour. Other: Separate TV room down 2 large stone steps from the kitchen and directly off the covered terrace with sofa and 2 chairs plus large TV with more than 100 DVDs.