Villa in Algodonales, Cadiz Province / Inland, Spain - Tranquil Hillside Location With A 10 Minute Walk To Country Restaurants And Bars
Private secluded country villa with own private pool all set on one level. Extensive terraces and walled garden with palms, orange, lemon and pomegranate trees. Set in 5 acres of olive groves with spectacular all round views of mountains and a tranquil river valley. Views of the historic Moorish town of Zahara with its castle floodlit at night. Large area of shaded terraces with its patio amenities next to the pool make it an ideal house for outside living. Short walk to 5 country bars/restaurants and a 5 minute drive (or 30 minute walk)to the town of Algodonales with its beautiful town square with many bars and restaurants. The villa offers undisturbed tranquillity for a relaxing holiday.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Retired English couple living in Algodonales.
Guestbook comments from the owner
A beautiful house five minutes from the village of Algodonales. We were a party of nine paragliders and the house and facilities were more than adequate. Close to all amenities with plenty of parking and complete privacy. We will be back next year. Marek and party Poland
This is a lovely and extremely well equipped villa in a quiet setting with magnificent views all around.The pool and accommodation are all very child friendly and we have no hesitation in reccommending the villa as a base to explore Andalucia.The owners Trevor and Sue provide a warm welcome and are a valuable source of information about the local area.
Paul and Fiona
1 holidaymaker review
We had a great stay in this amazing house this september. We used the house as a base for hiking in the Grazalema area. The house is fully equipped with everything you need and has a stunning view from the terrace, the surroundings is just beautiful! The houseownwers live nearby and is really helpful and nice people. I can truly recommend this house!!
Activity and Interests
Marbella, Estepona, San Pedro (Costa del Sol) 1.5 hrs. The less spoilt and secluded beaches of the Atlantic coast, Cadiz, Conil. Chiclana etc 1hr 15 mins. well worth exploring especially Cadiz. Portugal two and a half hours.
Malaga 1.5hrs.Jerez 1 hr. Seville 1hr. Santander (ferry)11 hours.
The beautiful old town of Ronda with its ancient bull-ring is 25 mins away. Seville and Jerez 45 mins. Granada and Cordoba-a pleasant 2 hours drive and my favourite Cadiz with its old town and beautifull beaches an hour away. There are many small picturesque towns and farming villages within a 15 minute drive.
Five minutes from the town of Algodonales with its many restaurants and bars serving cheap tapas and drinks. There are shops, banks and supermarkets and a market on the first 3 Thursdays of the month. Ideal centre for artists,cyclists, walking, horse-riding, paragliding etc. We are on the edge of Grazalema National Park (the villa gives views over its mountains). The beautiful lake at Zahara with its man-made sandy beach is a 10 minute drive. The tourist town of Ronda is 25 minutes away and has large supermarkets, shops and tourist shops etc. There is a market there every Sunday morning. Algodonales has a large town square with restaurant tables and umbrellas spilling into the streets into the early hours of Summer evenings. Algodonales is a 5 minute drive or a 30 minute walk.
WHAT PREVIOUS GUESTS HAVE SAID ABOUT OUR VILLA
"We had such a relaxing time in Algodonales – when we said we wanted a bit of piece and quiet I couldn’t believe that it would be so quiet! The view of the mountains from all around the house, on the terrace and through the large windows was spectacular.
The outdoor BBQ was very easy to use and the kids played in the pool while I cooked. The shades were perfect for resting under outdoors during siesta time, and my eldest loved trying to spot the vultures and paragliders above us.
The town is a five minute drive and is small, unspoilt and welcoming with a lovely central square well serviced with tapas bars and restaurants and friendly, helpful locals. Had a couple of long lazy breakfast while the kids played on the square.
The house felt like a home rather than a ‘holiday house’, from the furniture to the fireplace and the open beams. Great to get away from it all (but also splendid to have wifi when I needed it!)."
Tom and Lucy, Cornwall
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
A deposit of 25% is required upon booking with the remainder payable 8 weeks before arrival where practicable. A deposit of 150euro against breakages will be required,to be refunded upon departure. Transfers from and to airports can be arranged.
Changeover day is Saturday but may be flexible in quieter periods.
Notes on prices:
All prices are per week and are negotiable and flexible.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool ...
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with wc. separate large shower, pedestal wash basin, wall mounted hair-dryer, electric heater. Bathroom 2 with shower, WC, pedestal wash basin and electric heater poolside WC and shower.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Plus Cot Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 and 2 with double bed (flexible). Bedroom 3 and 4 with twin beds (flexible).
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Bedroom 1 has en-suite and satellite TV. and DVD player and it has a log-burner for cosy winter evenings. There is a small library and a cupboard full of CD.s and DVDs.Ceiling fans in all bedrooms and the lounge.Two satellite TVs. Fridge-freezer,sink-unit with cooker on the terrace c.d.player with wall mounted speakers for outdoor entertainment.Extra beds cots bunks are available. Outside: Ideal property for outdoor living with swimming pool(closed October to April inc) surrounded by 180 sq. Metres of terrace 80 of which are shaded. All with mountain views. Both the pool and the house are private and not overlooked. The pool has a bbq area with large Pizza Oven, sun loungers, dining tables, etc. Outdoor lighting all round with the pool and walled garden area beyond being floodlit. There are 5 acres of olive grove to explore or sit under in the shade with a glass of wine and enjoy a game of boules. Utility Room: Washing machine, sink unit, tumble dryer. Toilet. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen supplied including poolside towels and are changed weekly. Cleaning once a week. Other: Large dining area with solid wood table and chairs seating 8.With picture window and pendant light above the table.