Apartment in Calella de Palafrugell, Costa Brava, Spain - Quiet Location Perfectly Placed Only 3-5 Mins Walk To Beaches And Cente Of Calella De Palafrugell
This is an exceptional opportunity to rent this luxury, 5star professionally redesigned apartment, located within one of the most beautiful coastal regions of Spain. The apartment interior has been reconstructed throughout, to a very high specification. Stylish interior design and furnishings have to be seen in order to fully appreciate its true quality. Breathtaking panoramic 180 degree sea views from the terrace are outstanding. Set in this tranquil location, beaches and the centre of Calella de Palafrugell with its waterfront restaurants and cafes are only a 3-5mins walk away.
About the Owner
Unique benefits of the property: We first discovered Calella/Llafranc by accident over 9 years ago, and fell in love with the region. We spent so much time there in the first few years that we decided to enquire about purchasing an apartment, but the main specification was that it had to have a sea view, never expecting to find this apartment with its ideal location and magnificent 180 degree sea views. However, the interior required total reconstruction, which took over 7 months to complete, but the 5star finished product was well worth the wait. We spend hours just sitting on the terrace at night, turn on the floor lighting, relax with a glass of wine and watch the sailing boats and cruise ships slowly sail by. We have spent the last 4 years turning the apartment into our second home.
Activity and Interests
Calella de Palafrugell has many pretty coves, the nearest to the apartment is Port Pelegri 3 mins walk.
Other beaches within walking distance are Port Bo 4-5 mins walk, El Canadell 5-6mins walk, El Golfet 15 mins walk.
Llafranc has a large, flat beach with a small marina, sun beds and parasols can be hired daily, 20-25 mins walk from the apartment or 5mins car drive away.
Other beaches within 15 mins drive include Tamariu, Begur, Castell, La Fosca, Pals and Palamos.
Girona is the nearest airport, 45mins by car and largely serviced by Ryanair.
Barcelona airport is approx. 1 hr and 30 mins away. Perpignan airport is 2hrs by car.
Palafrugell is the nearest market town, with fresh fish, meat and vegetables daily (except Mondays). A number of larger supermarkets can also be found in and around Palafrugell 5-10 mins drive. Palamos the nearest port town is 10-15 mins drive. There is a well stocked supermarket (open from Easter till the end of Sept). 2-3 mins walk from the apartment.
Set between the towering headlands of El Golfet and San Sebastian, Calella is a stunning natural fishing village, very little has changed over the years, a hidden treasure which has escaped mass tourism and high rise, (no English bars and restaurants), which is why the area is so pupular with Catalans.
There are numerous sheltered coves and beaches fringing a crystal clear turquoise sea.
The ancient Carni de Ronda, smugglers paths run the entire length of the coast and offer the most beautiful coastal walks imaginable.
Calella offers a fine selection of family run cafes and restaurants all within 4-5 mins walking distance from the apartment.
Well worth a visit are the Botanical Gardens at Cap Roig, near El Golfet, with fabulous views out to sea, here in the summer months of July and August, there are a number of open air concerts, where famous stars from around the world perform.
There are numerous walks with spectacular scenery, take the short coastal walk to Llafranc or simply laze away the hours on one of the nearby beaches.
Take a short drive to the lighthouse at San Sebastian (5-10mins), at the side of El Far hotel, the views from here are truly stunning, have a drink or lunch inside the El Far hotel conservatory.
There are beach front restaurants at Llafranc, ideal for lunch or dinner, or simply to sit and have a drink.
Calella de Palafrugell is best known as the home of havaneres, performed on the beach during summer and in some cafe bars on an evening.
Take a short 5-10 mins drive to Palafrugel, sit in the main square which is always a hive of activity, have a drink and watch the world go by.
For the more active scuba diving is available, in Calella on Port Pelegrini beach 3mins walk from the apartment and in Llafranc there are 2 diving centres 5mins by car.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£213|
Please e-mail or telephone for booking enquiries. 25% non refundable deposit is required at the time of booking. Balance in full plus 250Euros refundable breakages deposit payable 8 weeks prior to commencement of rental. Breakages deposit will be refunded after completion of rental.
All facilities and equipment being maintained in good, safe and clean order and breakage free, subject to terms and conditions of booking.
Changeover day is Saturday, although some flexibility can be made during low season months. Check in times 4pm, checkout times 10am. (Please note check in times during August is 5pm).
25% with booking with balance due 9 weeks before arrival all payments by bank transfer
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- near the sea
- botanical garden
- scenic drives
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Main bathroom with walk in shower, WC and wash bowl, heated towel rail, frosted glass walls and panels. En-suite bathroom with walk-in shower, WC and wash bowl, heated towel rail, frosted sliding glass door, frosted glass wall.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4/5 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master double bedroom with en-suite. Sea view. Bedroom 2 with double bed. Bedroom 3 with 1 single bed. All with built in wardrobes, mirrors, bedside tables, beds with Tempur style mattress and pillows, double beds are reclining.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Electric central heating, there are wall mounted electric heaters in every room for use in the cooler months. Living space 66mtrs sq, terrace space 6mtrs sq. This is a no smoking apartment. No pets. There are no cot or high chair facilities, no storage facilities for pushchairs, therefore unsuitable for young children. Outside: The property has a large shared oval shaped fresh water swimming pool, situated in the grounds of the private communal gardens, ample space around the pool for sunbathing. Views of the sea from this vantage point. Private car parking space. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen, bath towels and end of stay cleaning are all included within the price. For lets of more than one week, all towels and linen are changed and the apartment is cleaned at the end of the first week. Other: From the lounge step onto the terrace and take a seat on the modern, comfortable furniture (seats 4) and take in those 180 degree panoramic sea views. From here you can see right into Calella de Palafrugell and up to the San Sebastian lighthouse.