Villa in Ozankoy, Kyrenia, North Cyprus - Peaceful Location, Lovely Shady Garden, Air-Conditioning, Local Walks For Birds & Wild Flowers
Delightful two storey house with separate disabled access granny flat to rent near to Kyrenia. Fabulous views of sea, mountains and crusader castles. This would suit extended family group of all ages. The newly built granny flat overlooks the private swimming pool and can sleep three, in a sofa bed and a single bed. There is full kitchen and separate shower room. The main villa has three bedrooms, all upstairs with a family bathroom. There is also a shower room with WC on the ground floor. The full size kitchen has washing machine, dishwasher and micro wave. The lounge has an open fire and is traditionally furnished with french windows onto front and back terraces. The dining area has a table seating 6. Internet access can be arranged. Jasmine Steps is just below Bellapais Abbey and is within easy reach of Kyrenia with its fabulous Harbour and St Hilarion the fairy tale castle. The wonderful unspoilt beaches of North Cyprus are very close, only a few minutes drive away.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
There are many unspoilt beaches within just 10-15 minutes drive away as are the famous Turtle Beaches, and during the season (May to August) you can meet the Turtle Watch volunteers and perhaps be shown the adult turtles coming ashore to lay their eggs and later to help the baby turtles out to sea. There are sandy beaches where you can enjoy snorkeling, water skiing and aqua sailing. Scuba diving and sailing courses, fishing trips, cycling tours, jeep safari can be arranged.
Our local airport here in the North side of the island is named Ercan and is 40 minutes away by car. Transfers can be arranged (£30 each way).
Larnaca Airport is in the South Cyprus and is an hour and 3/4 away. You cross the border and it is a very simple procedure dealt with by the driver (£55). We can arrange car hire for you together with the transfers which will then be discounted.
Jasmine Steps is less than a mile from the village of Ozankoy which has several shops, an English bookshop and restaurants. Several larger supermarkets are within half an hours walk. Kyrenia (Turkish name is Girne) is just three miles away. There is a regular daily bus service into Kyrenia, twice an hour from Ozankoy. You can take buses or dolmus in Kyrenia to visit Nicosia, Famagusta and Guzelyurt further afield. There are many ancient, historical sites to visit.
A weekly local market is held in Kyrenia on Wednesday and on the same day is the Cooks Market in Ozankoy where home made scones, pies and cakes are sold. Supermarkets are open 7 days a week until late evening and sell many imported items, many familiar English brands are available. The banks are open daily from 08.30 to 12.30 and again at 14.30 to 15.15. There is an ATM at the local bank which is just 5 minutes drive away where most international cards are accepted and currency is given in Turkish Lire. You should bring only a little Lire with you as the rates are much better here. You can exchange sterling at the many exchange bureaux (gambion).
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 30 Nov 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
After your initial enquiry we can send you booking information, terms and conditions and booking forms for the villa and also for car hire and transfers. You can make an initial deposit of 20%, the total amount should be paid by 8 weeks before your arrival. A refundable bond of £150 should be sent at this time, this is held against damage and excessive electric usage and is refunded after the holiday is complete. You can pay either by cheque to a UK address, by bank transfer or by PayPal.
Booking dates are flexible.
Notes on prices:
There is a surcharge for the Granny Flat(Annex). The high summer price (July August Sept) is £150. May, June and October is £80.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Family bathroom upstairs in the main villa with bath, shower, basin & WC. Downstairs is a shower room, with shower stall, basin and WC. The granny flat has disable access shower with seat, WC and basin
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8/9 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Villa bedroom 1 has double bed and a single bed, villa bedroom 2 has a double bed, villa bed 3 has two single beds. The Granny flat has a double sofa bed and a single bed in the main bed sitting room.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Cots, high chairs, buggy and safety gate can be arranged. Wheelchairs, electric scooters and bicycles can be hired. Outside: The Swimming pool is 8x4 and has a roman end with steps down accessible from the annex. There are also ladder steps down at the deeper end of the pool. the pool is surrounded by garden and shady trees and is not overlooked at all. There are sunbeds provided. There is also a BBQ provided. Your car can be safely left outside the house on the very quiet residential road. The pool is cared for by the pool company twice a week. Our gardeners also come to water and tend the garden twice a week. Full care from our management company is provided from their office in the village which is only a few minutes walk away. Ozankoy is a centre for people to begin their walks to Bellapais and the surrounding area. The spring time is wonderful with the birds and wildflowers, for which people come from all over the world to see. Bellapais Abbey has an International Music Festival in the spring and often other concerts throughout the year. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: For stays of 10 days or more a linen change and bathroom clean is provided. Bath and hand towels are provided. More cleaning is can be purchased. Other: Each bedroom has a terrace, there are two ground floor terraces overlooking the garden at the front and pool at the back with views from all. The granny flat overlooks the pool with a view of Buffavento, the private shady terrace enjoys a garden view too.