Barcelos, Minho region, Portugal - The villa offers complete privacy and is set on a large plot with beautiful enclosed garden.
This typical 'Minhota' granite stone house has recently been completely renovated with taste. A unique retreat which blends superb views and unspoilt landscape with all the comfort while being in the perfect position to explore the beautiful unspoiled Minho region.
Top Traveller Review
Luxurious & private getaway!Luxurious & private getaway!
About the Owner
I am Portuguese and live in my country with my husband and 2 small children. We both work and spend most of our free time exploring the beautiful Minho region.
2 holidaymaker reviews
Luxurious & private getaway!
We had a lovely time at this villa with our two children, who really enjoyed the pool and outdoor games - as well as the hammock. The villa was spotless, and we were made very welcome on arrival with a basket of food and vino verde - great after a delayed flight into Porto! Sergio was really helpful organising local activities, so many thanks to him and Distinctive Portugal. Would love to stay again!
Top quality, everything was fantastic
Again, the pictures do not do it justice! A fabulous garden, a beautiful pool, an idyllic setting. The fit and finish of this villa is excellent. The bbq area is superb, the beds extremely comfortable, beautiful bathrooms. Fresh fruit growing in the garden, a separate tennis court, football area which my 9 year old Son adored. The welcome pack was a lovely touch. The housekeeper who lives nearby was very polite and the place was spotlessly clean when we arrived. Only two things let it down. The correspondence from the owner was poor in advance of the visit, I had to chase confirmation they had received my money etc.and barking dogs at night in the valley was a shame!
Activity and Interests
The long sandy beaches that stretch north and south of Viana do Castelo are a 17 minute drive away. Cabedelo beach has been often described as one of the most beautiful in the whole country.
Porto airport is 75 kilometres away (45 minute drive). Vigo Airport (in Spain) is only 95 kms away. A car is recommended.
Restaurant 3kms, Minimarket & café 800 metres, nearest Bus 800 metres, Barcelos market town 8kms, Viana do Castelo historic centre and stunning sandy beaches 20kms, Porto airport 75kms, Ponte de Lima Roman Town and 18-hole golf course approx. 18kms, Peneda Geres National Park (40 minute drive away), Braga is 15 minutes away by car, Guimaraes World Heritage Site is 40 minutes away.
Activities such as horseback riding, golf, water sports (rafting, canoeing, kayaking...), walking, bird watching, wine tasting tours or even massage treatment at the villa are available for the guests. There are many excellent restaurants within easy reach as well as shops. Other possibilities are private chef to prepare your meals and Portuguese cooking lessons!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
24 Sep 2016 - 16 Dec 2016
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
7 Jan 2017 - 17 Mar 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A 25% non refundable deposit is required on confirmation. The balance is due 8 weeks prior to arrival. A refundable breakage deposit of 450 Euros is required on arrival and returned on departure.
Changeover is flexible. Arrival time is after 4pm and departure in around 10am.
Notes on prices:
Price includes: Utility bills, Internet, bed linen, towels, weekly cleaning ( + mid week towels change).
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite shower room suitable for the disabled to masterbedroom. En-suite bathroom to bedroom 2. En-suite bathroom to bedroom 3.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 3 double bedrooms of which 2 have twin beds and 1 has a double bed. An extra bed is available for the 7th person if needed.
- Golf ...
- Outside: A beautiful stone-walled garden with paved courtyard, a large private pool (10 X 5 metres / depth from 0,90 to 1.5 metres), a children's pool, sports area with football goals, basket, tennis and badminton. Sand box for small children and various mature fruit trees - guests are free to pick up the available fruit! Pergola covered veranda and a private parking space for 2 or 3 cars with direct access to the villa. Utility Room: Washing machine, iron + ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bedlinen, towels and pool towels are included. Linen is changed once a week. Towels are changed twice a week. Other: Adjacent to the main house is a separate stone building with large dining table, open fireplace and a summer kitchen leading onto a covered patio with large built-in barbecue and outdoor furniture for alfresco dining where you can enjoy panoramic views.