House in Cetta, Triora, Imperia Province, Liguria, Italy - Peaceful Village Location, 5 Minutes From Historic Triora
This comfortable house is situated on the village piazza, opposite the church. It is a five minute walk uphill from the car park. It is a furnished to a high specification with a kitchen with dishwasher, oven, hob, microwave, dining table and six chairs. The sitting room has UK television, dvd, video recorder with a library of dvds and videos available to renters. There are two double bedrooms with en suite bathrooms and a further triple bedroom with three singles and en suite shower room. There is a terrace directly off the sitting room and all outdoor furniture is provided: barbecue, table and chairs and sunshade as well as sun lounger and hammock.
Top Traveller Review
Beautiful views and tranquility
About the Owner
I am a lecturer in broadcasting and live in the UK. I bought my house in Italy as a dream house and it hasn't let me down. I visit as often as I can.
2 holidaymaker reviews
Beautiful views and tranquility
A lovely, quiet, comfortable house in a hidden-away, hillside village in a stunning wooded valley. Beautifully equipped house and kitchen, with great terrace from which to contemplate the view. Good for walking and river swimming but also within easy reach of the sea and Genoa if that's what you want. Great collection of books, DVDs and videos for nights in and close to Triora and other hilltop villages for nights out. And a very welcoming, hospitable owner who will answer any queries you may have before you get there (or by text whilst you are there).
Cosy home in Ligurian hills
We spent the last week of August in this very nice house in Cetta, a quiet little village with lovely views. The house, situated on a nice little square, was wonderfully cosy, with pleasant rooms (and lots of bookshelves), it really felt like our home for a week (especially to our children who managed to lure the neighbours' kittens into the house). The area is very nice and does not appear very touristy, with nice little villages and some lovely sites by the river for a nice swim in the summer. Everything was arranged perfectly, we'd love to come back another time!
From the Owner
“I was planning to move to full time Italy but I met the love of my life who lives in London. We now have a five year old son. We visit the house in Cetta as often as possible. I bought the house because it is in a spectacular location with wonderful, uninterrupted views of virgin forest. Also, the people in Cetta were immensly welcoming and I was very struck by this. There is a great community in the village which comes together at Festas throughout the year. The rest of the time the village is very quiet. The village is only 4 kilometres from Triora where there are cafes and bars and shops which makes it easy to access all we need without travelling far.”
Activity and Interests
There are the wonderful beaches of Liguria 36 kilometres from Cetta. The drive is about 45 minutes to the coast. What makes Cetta so unique is that one can spend a day at the beach, wander around a historic village or two, and later retire to the coolness of the hills it is cooler than the coast. Most of the local beaches are sandy with large slate rocks for sunbathing or beach beds to hire. There is a natural swimming pool in Molini 10 minutes from Cetta.
The nearest airport is Nice which is about 1 1/2 hours drive away (60 miles). Genoa is also accessible and is 2 hours drive (100 miles). Turin is 3 hours drive. Car hire is recommended because this area is so rich for exploration.
Triora is 4 kilometres away. Triora is a historic town - perched on the hilltop and once the site of a witches inquisition. There are numerous towns and villages to explore nearby - Realdo, Verdeggia, Corte and Molini to name a few. Most of them have restaurants where you can sample the delicious Ligurian cuisine. Molini (10 kilometres away) has a few bars and is very lively. There is also a wonderful local shop there selling organic fresh fruit and vegetables.
There are local shops in Molini and Triora.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
|cleaning and linen||£75|
Preferably Friday, Saturday or Sunday but we can try to accommodate other days as well.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“There are superb walks to be had from the front door of the house across the passes which surround the village. The village is only 4 kilometres from Triora where there are cafes and bars and shops which makes it easy to access all we need without travelling far. There are two playgrounds in Cetta itself so little ones are well provided for. The apartment has its own terrace with wooden chairs and table and sunshade provided. Plus a barbeque and a hammock. Also sunbeds and sunchairs. It is lovely to sit out in the evening and watch the night sky as the moon rises over the mountain opposite. 10 minutes drive away is the Molini Pool where you can swim in the fresh water which is dammed there.”
- children welcome
- pets considered
- smoking allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- autumn foliage
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- 90 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- The 1st bedroom has a bath in it and shower room next door with walk in shower, wc, basin. The 2nd bedroom has an en suite bathroom with bath, wc, basin. The 3rd bedroom has an en suite shower room with shower, wc and basin. All have shavers sockets.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed, 1 Child Bed, en suite shower room
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Double Bed, en suite bathroom
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Cot, bath in room and en suite shower room
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6/7 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: The 1st double bedroom has a bath and television. The 2nd double bedroom has an en suite bathroom with bath. The 3rd bedroom has two single beds and en suite shower. The 3rd bed is suitable for a child up to 10 years old.
- Outside: Directly off the sitting room a large terrace with amazing views. Wooden outdoor furniture and cushions are provided, sunshade, sun lounger, hammock and barbecue. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Sheets and bath towels are provided. Usually not changed during the week. Other: Also children's' buggy, high chair, cot and camp bed available on request. Terrace overlooking valley with large table and outdoor chairs. Sunbed and hammock available.