Villa in Sierra Blanca Country Club, Nr. Marbella, Costa del Sol - Tranquil And Peaceful Setting, 10 Minutes From Puerto Banus, San Pedro, Nueva Andalucia And Marbella
"Hollydais" is a tastefully furnished 4/5 bedroom villa situated within the exclusive Sierra Blanca Country Club. It is accessed through electrically operated gates into pretty front garden, with many tropical plants and a dolphin fountain. A car port for two cars is also at this level. The front door opens onto a galleried landing overlooking the spectacular chandelier lounge. The master bedroom with private terrace and Jacuzzi and bedroom 4 are also on this level. Down the staircase is the open plan lounge/dining room, bedroom 5/Study opening onto the main terrace overlooking Conception Lake with Mountain views. Covered and large open terrace overlooks a pretty courtyard. A level down are bedrooms 3 and 4, again, with wonderful views. Various nooks and crannies reveal fruit and olive trees with the smell of honeysuckle, jasmine and Dama De Noche. The private infinity pool and garden, complete with music bar and barbecue area are at the lower level.
About the Owner
We moved from a small village called Downe in Kent to retire to our brand new 4 bed villa "Hollydais" (which we named after our two dogs Holly and Daisy) in June 2006. We spent much time putting our mark on our new home, carefully selecting furnishings and turning the garden from a building site into the delight it is today. We are very proud of the end result. We lived in the villa for 3 years after which time we decided that it was too big for just the two of us. (As many Brits we bought a big house thinking the children would come out more often). Also, we have become keen golfers, so wanted to live nearer our golf club. So we made the decision to move and let our beautiful home out to holidaymakers. We now also spend some of our breaks at "Hollydais". Hope you too will enjoy.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Hi Barry and Marie,
What can I say, we all enjoyed our stay.
The Villa is gorgeous! The view was to die for, the rooms were all beautifully decorated, the pool was divine! We wish we were still there!
Best ever villa ever!
Eric and Marianne Amor - Gibraltar, July 2011
Symi and I would like to thank you again for renting your villa to our family. We had a wonderful time in Spain and thoroughly enjoyed your home. We are especially grateful For your kindness during our unexpected, extended stay.
The views from the terraces were breathtaking and the home extremely comfortable and family friendly. The kids very much enjoyed the pool.
We certainly would recommend your home to others.
Ephraim and Symi Diamond - New York, Aug 2011
'Wow what a great place. Swimming pool and Jacuzzi is just amazing and so much space for lounging and dining. Great location with complete privacy and not far from the great nightlife in Puerta Banus'
Katie and Dale - England, 2011
From the Owner
“We decided to buy on the Costa Del Sol for a number of reasons, but the main ones being the climate, lifestyle and our love of outdoor Sports. Sierra Blanca Country Club situated just 10 minutes from every need possible, is just the most wonderful peaceful spot with beautiful views all around the villa of the Sea, Gibraltar, Africa, Conception Lake and the glorious mountains. Our place in the sun is close enough to all the amenties that make life enjoyable. It is close enough to the UK for us to go back whenever we feel we need to, yet far away in terms of lifestyle.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Information on guided tours and amazing mountain walks around Sierra Blanca can be be provided.
The villa is just a 7 minute drive to Manolo Santana Paddle & Racquets club and a 10 minute drive to the beaches of Marbella & Puerta Banus. An abundance of restaurants and nightlife can also be found there. A 15 minute drive will take you into the beautiful Spanish village of San Pedro and Estepona with again many beach bars and restaurants for every taste.
The closest airport is Malaga which is 40 minutes away by car. Alternatively, Gibraltar airport is a 50 minute drive from the opposite direction. The nearest port is also Malaga or Gibraltar. Whilst a car is advised at the villa, numbers for local taxis have also been supplied at the villa.
The pretty whitewashed village of Istan with its quaint tapas bars and restaurants is 10 minutes away, reached by the most wonderful scenic drive with unbelievable views of Conception Lake. Many interesting walks start from the base of Istan with local flora and fauna to be seen throughout the year (checkout the various Sierra de las Nieves websites for further information). Among other places of interest within a short drive are the pretty villages of Benahavis or the old town of Marbella.
Within a 10 minute drive of the villa can be found local shops, restaurants (several of our favourites are listed in the information pack in the villa) or banks. The city of Malaga is 40 minutes away with its places of interest and museums. There are water parks in Fuengirola (20 minutes) or Algeciras (45 minutes). Selwo Safari Park is just 15 minutes away, whilst Tivoli World in Benalmadena is a great funfair for adults and kids alike (20 minutes by car). Gibraltar is well worth a vist with its Rock Tour including the famous Barbary Apes and duty free shopping (45 minutes away). For the more adventurous why not take a trip to visit the stunning Alhambra Palace in Granada or the Mezquita de Cordoba Mosque, in Cordoba (Granada or Cordoba are both 2 to 3 hour drive). Ronda, a 2 hour drive away, is a wonderful place to visit with its Puenta Nueva "new" bridge straddling the 100 metre chasm of the El Tajo Gorge below. Seville is a 2 hour drive away also. Why not take a tour on the many Tour Buses, or visit Isla Magica, the biggest theme park in Spain.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£750|
30% deposit non refundable. Balance 8 weeks prior to arrival, including a 500.00 pounds deposit required at time of final payment refundable within one week after departure.
Saturday is preferred, although do ask if you require another day. Arrival time is flexible.
Subject to my Contract with holidaymaker which will also include Security Deposit terms and Conditions
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“'Hollydais' is such a special villa. Its proximity to nightlife, restaurants and all that the area has to offer is offset by the shear solitude of being at one with nature in a special environment. It is very special to watch eagles soaring overhead, the local goatherder often brings his herd right up to our back door (the sound of their bells will forever remind you of 'Hollydais') and we even thrill at the occasional sight of the yellow fire fighting aeroplane flying below our terraces to collect water from the lake when needed! We have on so many occasions looked down to see the clouds hovering below us. At night, the garden and terrace lighting, together with the smell of the flowers, gives the villa a magical and special feeling and you will never see a sunset more beautiful.”
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub ...
- Private Pool ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only ...
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- scenic drives
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- 350 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with jacuzzi bath, shower cubicle and WC. En-suite bathroom to bedroom 2 with bath/shower over and WC. En-suite bathroom to bedroom 3 with bath/shower over and WC. En-suite bathroom to bedroom 4 with shower cubicle and WC
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8/10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - king size double bed. Bedroom 2 - double bed. Bedroom, 3 - 2 single beds. Bedroom 4, double bed. Plus study that can easily be converted into a 5th bedroom.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Sierra Blanca Country Club is a gated complex with 24 hour security. 'Hollydais' is complete with a zoned alarm system and all windows and doors are fitted with Andalucian style security grills. Set on a mountainside and on three levels 'Hollydais' is a beautiful family home with much character and open terraces on all levels with amazing views. No smoking inside the villa is requested for health and safety reasons. Outside: The outside of "Hollydais" is wonderful. It has a beautiful landscaped garden to include 8 x 5 meter infinity swimming pool with large terrace, bar area which includes music and fridge and pool side covered pergola with table & 4 chairs for shade. All garden and terrace areas are complete with lighting making for a stunning evening effect. Automatic watering sprinklers are used throughout the garden and terraces. Also includes sun loungers and barbecue. Off the dining room is a large main terrace with purpose built pergola with a large table and 10 chairs, ideal for alfresco dining during the long summer evenings. Outside lounge is a covered terrace with summer furniture and coffee table. A gas barbecue is also available on the lounge terrace. Off the master bedroom is a 6 person Jacuzzi complete with lights and amazing views. All terraces are south west facing with evening sunsets to die for. From the outside of the villa the views of the lake, sea and mountains are stunning. Utility Room: Separate utility room includes hot water cylinders, washing machine, tumble dryer, additional freezer and storage units for Linen. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen included. Maid Service available once per week. Gardener available once per week Other: The property offers a study or 5th double bedroom. ADSL line available for laptop. Additional beds can be made available. Kitchen consists of various utensils, crockery, pots and pans for family use. Individual needs and requirements can be catered for.