House in Llanteg, Narbeth, Pembrokeshire, Wales, UK - Peaceful Location, Pendine, Amroth, Wisemans Bridge, Saundersfoot & Tenby Beaches Within Easy Reach
Crunwere House is very spacious and on entering the front porch and into the main hall you view an original classic Georgian staircase leading to the first floor. There are 2 large reception rooms all with featured original fireplaces, high ceilings and large Georgian windows. The reading room, the rector’s consultation room has sleeping accommodation and its original coal fireplace. The breakfast room features exposed stone walls, range set into the inglenook fireplace. This room leads into a period conservatory and has views of the gardens to the west where you can experience some beautiful summer sunsets, whilst preparing your evening meal on the large barbeque. There is a well appointed contemporary kitchen with its original slate floor. Crunwere has 4 spacious double bedrooms some with additional pullout beds and the house can easily accommodate 2 large families. Hot water and heating is adequately provided from the substantial boiler which benefits from a modern control system.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Lucia and Philip Morgan. We are the proud owners of Crunwere House. We have spent the last 12 years tastefully restoring it into a home which we enjoy spending quality time with our family. Last year we decided to let others enjoy our home and its tranquil surroundings having completed the restoration of the property and its grounds.
5 based on 5 holidaymaker reviews
Had a beautiful time in this amazing house. Stayed here over the new year and there was plenty of room for 4 families. Beautiful kitchen and dining room would recommend this for a family get away!
Lovely house for a large family get together.stayed over new year and found it to be warm through out our stay.plenty of room for the little ones to play.a great kitchen plus large dining room, spacious bedrooms and bathrooms. Would recommend to everyone with out a second thought
wHAT A BEAUTIFUL HOUSE
This was a perfect place for our family gathering to celebrate me and my husbands 40th wedding anniversary
A beautiful house in a fabulous peaceful location, spotlessly clean. Lots of beaches, and lots of places to visit for the children folly farm and carew castle was firm favourites within a short drive – but actually no need to go anywhere as the house was so comfortable and well equipped.
It as a big lounge and a reading room with lots of books games for the children, they offered more than adequate space in both for quiet chilling out zone as well as more noisy games. And a lovely conservatory to watch the children play.
The garden was fantastic big enough to play football the children had so much fun
A home from home – thank you for letting us share it, we will definitely be back :)
A big thank you to Lucia so kind and thoughtful, very welcoming to us. xx
Cosy, comfy and completely lovely!
We have just returned from a family celebration... A 40th and 70th birthday.... 12 of us ranging from 7 to 70 enjoyed a wonderful time in this beautiful house. Amazing building made very comfortable with stunning surroundings. Am sure we'll return...
Just spent a short break here to celebrate a 90th birthday (December 2013). Weather was wet, windy and wild but the house was just fantastic. Don't be worried about a drafty old property...this house is the opposite...too warm if anything thanks to the state of the art eco heating. A beautiful house with loads of space and bags of character, in a peaceful and quiet location...perfect for our family get together. Lucia, the owner, had added many little touches to make us really feel at home and relaxed. Many thanks for a thoroughly great stay....5 stars....hope to repeat the experience in the future. Will be equally great in the summer as it is well located for the coastal towns and beaches or inland for the pretty local town of Narberth.
From the Owner
“We fell in love with this property 12 years ago, even though it had been neglected. It was a big challenge and we were very keen to restore Crunwere House to its former glory and keeping or restoring all its original features. Turning Crunwere House into a sustainable low carbon dwelling has been our main goal. Having carried out extensive restoration works to the property the fossil fuelled (oil) boiler was replaced with an efficient ground source heat pump. Using a smaller amount of electricity generated from a modest wind turbine that we have erected on adjacent farmland we now have continuous heating to Crunwere House which helps to preserve the fabric and fittings of this beautiful property.”
Activity and Interests
A wide range of beaches at your doorstep – Pendine, Amroth, Wisemans Bridge, Coppet Hall, Saundersfoot, Tenby and Penally all on the coast path
230 miles from London on motorway/dual carriageway apart from the last 12 miles
There is a village supplies within 300m and a supermarket/chemist and more at nearby Kilgetty
Many attractions for young families and mature travellers
- Booking Notes:
20% deposit, balance due 12 weeks before
Generally Saturdays but flexible, 16.00 arrival, 10.00pm departure
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- children welcome
- pets considered
- autumn foliage
- theme parks
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bed 1-ensuite featuring roll top bath, period sink, bidet, wc Bed 2-ensuite bath, sink, bidet, wc and separate shower GF Bathroom-period sink, wc, large shower FF Bathroom-bath, sink, wc
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10/12 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bed 1 Superking bed, ensuite channel views Bed 2 Double bed, + sofa bed, ensuite west facing views Bed 3 King size bed, channel views Bed 4 Superking bed. Bed 5 Double bed,+ sink basin
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: This is a period house that has been sensitively refurbished and has survived over 150 years of careful use. Please do not book this property if you cannot keep up this tradition. It is a no smoking house and pets by prior arrangement. The house is set in a substantial garden with many features and has a barbeque area and large lawns. Outside: The house sits in 2 acres of land, one acre of garden space and one acre of paddock with its own private driveway and planted roundabout. The garden is bounded with mature trees and many shrubs and has a roofed barbeque area with wooden garden furniture. Utility Room: All white goods are incorporated in kitchen Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen and towels are included and property cleaned weekly on changeover day. Other: Dining room-Large with original features including slate fireplace and chandelier Reading room-Cosy sitting room with slate and tiled fireplace. Breakf’t Room-Large farmhouse table and island unit, featured stone walls and inglenook fireplace with range.