Holiday Home in Woolacombe/Mortehoe, North Devon - Small Quaint Village with 3 Pubs, General Store, and Post Office. Beach 5 Min Walk
Welcome to our family home in the village of Mortehoe, North Devon.
We moved here 10 years ago as we love the area and have young children, we also like walking so the place was ideal. In the summer months we like to travel in France so we let our home as a holiday let. If you would like a week or two away from it all, just walking around the coast and immersing yourself in the history of the village and surrounding areas, or just easy access to the beach and surf, we are in the perfect position.
About the Owner
Two professional adults with two children. We love where we live and enjoy surfing and spending time on the beach as a family.
Woolacombe is a wonderful place to raise children and a great place to get involved in the community.
When the sun sets on the beaches around here there are times where you could be anywhere in the world. There is nothing like BBQing dinner on the beach after a day playing in rock pools, catching a wave or two and then finishing off a bottle of wine with friends!
Guestbook comments from the owner
Here five children found everything, from nearby beach to a garden trampoline, whilst the adults they brought along were offered an efficient, well-planned yet tasteful house.
Dr Overell (Stayed July 2011)
An ideal location. A couple of minutes stroll and you have joined the coastal path with stunning scenery. A 15 min walk takes you to the nearest beach, which is inaccessible by road, whilst 20 min walking takes you to the main beach at Woolacombe.
The house is a home from home and is well equipped with all that you would expect or wish to use. plenty of room for our party of 8 adults, I would highly recommend it.
Mr Doolan (stayed August 2011)
From the Owner
“Our house in Mortehoe is close enough to the hustle and bustle of Woolacombe in the high season, but at the same time just out of the way enough to be peaceful when you need to escape. Extensive coastal walks and interesting places to visit, not forgetting the spectacular views along this unspoilt coastline. A picnic just off the coastal path is a lovely way to spend the day.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Surfing is the main sport on the beaches of Woolacombe. Wetsuits and boards can be hired in the village and surf lessons are available all day.
If you like coastal walks, there are plenty to explore as well as Lundy Island. The area is a designated area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and protected by the National Trust. For Naturalists and birdwatchers its an absolute dream.
For Historians, Mortehoe features in the Doomsday Book and has a wealth of history, detailed in the villages Heritage Centre. The craggy coastline has its own history and has created many shipwrecks and smuggler stories!
Woolacombe boasts 3 beaches – the spectacular Woolacombe sands which runs over 3 miles from Woolacombe to Putsborough, Barricane beach made entirely from shells washed in on the gulf stream, and Combesgate beach – the place for rockpool lovers. All beaches are less than 25 minutes walk from the property. There is also Rockham beach which can be found via a coastal path located opposite the property and is 5 minutes away.
Exeter Airport - 78km
Bristol Airport - 154km
Nearest station: Barnstaple (20 mins in taxi)
A car is recommended but not essential
Mortehoe village centre - 3 min walk
Woolacombe Centre - 20-25 min walk / 5-8 min car drive
Braunton town centre - 15-20 min drive
Barnstaple town centre - 30 min drive
Junction 27 of M5 1hour and 15min drive
Please not we do not except dogs no matter how well behaved.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£250|
A 25% deposit is required to secure your booking, the balance should be made 8 weeks prior to commencement date. We will require a damage deposit of £250.00 per week, please enclose as a separate cheque with your balance payment. Bookings made within 8 weeks of commencement date please send full amount. In the event of cancellation the full amount of the booking will be charged unless we are able to re-let. The deposit is non-refundable, we advise you to insure against cancellation.
Saturday is changeover day, we politely ask that you do not arrive until 3pm and vacate the property by 10am on the morning of your final day.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“You can walk everywhere from our house. Whether you want a pub, a restaurant, a beach, a nature trail, a post office, a chip shop, a church, huge historical architechture or a just a lighthouse, we are perfectly placed.”
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Games ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- near the sea
- Ocean View
- horse riding
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite to bedroom 1 with wc , basin and double shower. Main family bathroom with wc, basin, bath with shower plus separate double shower cubicle. Downstairs bathroom with wc, basin and single shower cubicle
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10/12 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with king size bed en suite Bedroom 2 with king size bed Bedroom 3 with double bed Bedroom 4 with bunks or singles Bedroom 5 with single fixed bed A double sofa bed and single futon (2nd living room). Travel cot available.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Central heating is provided but is rarely needed during the summer months. The rear garden is secure and therefore safe for children. Outside: The lounge double french doors open up onto a large decked area. Here you will find space to either relax and soak up the views or dine alfresco after a day on the beach. The deck has several chairs and a low level table. We also provide a large parasol. The rear garden is grassed and has a block paved patio area for alfresco dining with a gas BBQ a four person patio set with umbrella and four other chairs for your use. The rear patio/garden has easy access to the main kitchen via double french doors. There is also an 8ft trampoline with netted sides for any children within the group. The outside tap and hose is provided for washing out wetsuits and boards when arriving back from the beach, or washing off dirty hiking boots. Utility Room: Washing machine, iron and ironing board, clothes hanger/dryer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The property is cleaned before you arrive and if you have a two week booking linen can be changed, if reqeusted for a small charge. We ask that you assist by vacating the house on a sat between the hours of 10am-12pm. Bed linen is included. Other: We can also supply a travel cot if needed at £10 per week.